Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because Smokers Don't Care
cut to wednesday night last week. Mom's in town, I'm heading home from work.. take the elevator upstairs and walk into my appartment.

This is when I hear the fire alarm make an initial click that it's about to go off full bore.

My mom is leaning out the window, "it's real! there's a real fire!!!!".. um, shoot.. ok... grab the baseball tickets and head out.

Sure enough a balcony on the second floor is engulfed in flames... So my mom and I go to the baseball game while the building is evacuated.

Anyhoo.. find out today that the fire, the one that destroyed someone else's appartment was caused by a lit cigarrette that someone threw over the edge of their balcony.

Now, it pisses me off that my balcony tends to be littered with cigarrette butts and other people's pigeon crap (I have a net that keeps pigeons out)... but the fact that some asshole who thinks the world is his ashtray actually destroyed someone else's appartment... and that really irks me.

Why is it so bad to litter other stuff, but it's fine to throw lit cigarrettes from cars, balconies and other public places? A lot of times they complain about how it's their right to smoke and do whatever they want with their bodies, but all too-often they're the ones throwing their garbage on the ground and burning down other people's appartments....

just pisses me off.

I know a lot of people who are actually quite considerate smokers, but there are far too many ignorant asswipes...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

^^^ Agreed man! I get totally annoyed when they flick lit cigaretts out side of cars on the highway. Now if it were my home, thats just rude.

I bet most people also just sweep them off their balcony so the next guys down probably get it worse....

hardk0re,May 16 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:^^^ Agreed man! I get totally annoyed when they flick lit cigaretts out side of cars on the highway.  [right][snapback]187801[/snapback][/right]

Now imagine being behind that person on a motorcycle :angry:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I always thought this was littering? Isn't there like a $500 fine for this?
Yes, it is littering.

My freind was charged when he threw out his butt. Cop was right behind him, cig hit the hood of the car causing a cool spark show. Cop didnt think it was cool. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Smokers don't give a *uck - its obvious they don't care about their health and in their minds flicking it into the street is no problem. Well ........ the next time your walking down the street check out the butts !! Their dirty people who think the world is their ashtray !!
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
That is RUDE...
I'm sure he will be charged more than $500 littering for burning down someone's apartment!!!.. well, let's hope
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
Yup. A lot of smokers couldn;t give a s*** about their surroundings. I love looking out my drivers side widow on the off ramps of highways to see the PILES of butts that ass-hat smokers dump out their windows. What you can;t wait to get home to empty out your ashtray?

Pisses me off, My lawn on a daily basis is a cigarette dumping ground for both the custodians of school, standing on the curb having a butt, and the parents finsihing the last drag before they pick up junior.

Then there are smokers like Andrew...always stands down wind, leaves the area and doesn't smoke in his cars. Jennifer is really sensitive to smoke, we spent a whole weeknd camping with Andrew and Jen didn;t realize he smoked until Late Saturday night.

VERY considerate.

But for the most part, smokers are pigs.
2001 ZTS,May 16 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,May 16 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:^^^ Agreed man! I get totally annoyed when they flick lit cigaretts out side of cars on the highway.  [right][snapback]187801[/snapback][/right]

Now imagine being behind that person on a motorcycle :angry:
[right][snapback]187802[/snapback][/right]

word
jen_deans,May 16 2006, 10:13 AM Wrote:That is RUDE...
I'm sure he will be charged more than $500 littering for burning down someone's apartment!!!.. well, let's hope
[right][snapback]187808[/snapback][/right]

They'll never know where the cigarrette came from exactly.

That's the problem of living in a highrise appartment... hell, I've had car floormats appear (and recently disappear) from my balcony.

ANTHONYD,May 16 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:Then there are smokers like Andrew...always stands down wind, leaves the area and doesn't smoke in his cars. Jennifer is really sensitive to smoke, we spent a whole weeknd camping with Andrew and Jen didn;t realize he smoked until Late Saturday night.

VERY considerate.
[right][snapback]187809[/snapback][/right]

Well in the never ending stream of positive changes in my life I think I may have quit. I'm note sure how long one has to be off the stuff to be able to say for sure you have but it's been a while. Turns out that was probably stress related and now my "stressor" is gone.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Congrats!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
2001 ZTS,May 16 2006, 10:27 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 16 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:Then there are smokers like Andrew...always stands down wind, leaves the area and doesn't smoke in his cars. Jennifer is really sensitive to smoke, we spent a whole weeknd camping with Andrew and Jen didn;t realize he smoked until Late Saturday night.

VERY considerate.
[right][snapback]187809[/snapback][/right]

Well in the never ending stream of positive changes in my life I think I may have quit. I'm note sure how long one has to be off the stuff to be able to say for sure you have but it's been a while. Turns out that was probably stress related and now my "stressor" is gone.
[right][snapback]187816[/snapback][/right]

Holy sheit, no kidding!

That's fantastic. Now you'll gain all that weight back you lost. <_<
It's indeed disgusting... my brother-in-law smokes outside when he comes over, but he smokes at the front of the house so at least I can sweep up the butts afterwards. I don't like cleaning up after him, but it's infinitely easier than fighting with him over it.

Nobody smokes in our house, nobody smokes in our car. That's the law. Our law.

The front of some schools (yes, SCHOOLS), businesses, etc are just disgusting. Even our big mall, with a smoking area so clearly defined it hurts (blinding yellow, 6-inch wide stripes painted on the pavement in the above ground parking garage by the mall's main entrance), has smokers smoking right by the damn doors (agianst the law) and in other areas they know they're not supposed to smoke. What's worse is that they know they're breaking the law and they know they won't likely get punished so they keep doing it.

We're tilting against windmills, sadly, unless something comes to pass. And with the tax revenues that smokers generate, and the fact they're easily outnumbering non-smokers in most places I've been... noone wants to piss off the election sure bet.

It's too bad about that tenant, Steve. The worst part is nothing will likely happen to the culprit.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
soon it'll be against the law to smoke in ANY public place, indoors or out in Toronto.. woot woot!

darkpuppet,May 16 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:soon it'll be against the law to smoke in ANY public place, indoors or out in Toronto.. woot woot!
[right][snapback]187869[/snapback][/right]
It's that way here it's awesome :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
What defines a public place though?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I'm not even going to touch this topic...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
in 2 days i get to celebrate

1 year no smoking
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I might be on the magic I list, but good on you for one heck of a healthy choice.

There's no need to pump our lungs full of even more particulate and chemicals than we naturally breathe these days.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.