Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redline Rendezvous At Mosport
I wonder who's coming to Mosport International for Redline SVTOA next monday ?As far as I know there will be Daniel , Ken and me .Any others ? Grouch , Ticketz would you join us ?Anybody else ? Looks like there are still room left . For more info go to http://www.svtoaontrack.ca/ . See you there :D
I'll be getting in early Sunday to help with setup and registration (and getting the car passed through tech)

What time are you planning to get there Sunday?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2009, 10:59 PM Wrote:I'll be getting in early Sunday to help with setup and registration (and getting the car passed through tech)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]293217[/snapback][/right]

Yup - looking forward to it for sure.

I guess you'll be doing all that at the hotel ... looks like entry to the track on Sunday might be a problem because it's race day.

I was actually thinking about camping (haven't booked a hotel yet LOL) ... but might be tough for Sunday night ... so I might not come 'till early early Monday.

I'll save a spot for you in the lower paddock and we can form the Fusion Faction ... I've a got a two seater beer chair and umbrella - you can help me change my rims and check out my new Dewalt 98 ft/lb 18v impact driver.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Is there a place to go and just hang out?

I would love to put the car on the track, but with the current state of the transmission, anyone coming from behind to lap me would have to dodge 3rd gear once it finally exploded.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Unfortunately, I have plans this saturday. So I'm out.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
torradan,Aug 25 2009, 07:32 AM Wrote:Is there a place to go and just hang out?

I would love to put the car on the track, but with the current state of the transmission, anyone coming from behind to lap me would have to dodge 3rd gear once it finally exploded.
[right][snapback]293221[/snapback][/right]

Yup - just show up and act like you own the place.

You'll have to sign a waiver at the gate (pit entrance gate at the east end on 10th Concession Road) ... keep to the right and go through the narrow tunnel, then as you exit the tunnel make an immediate left and go up the little hill ... that puts you in the upper paddock area. Bring your camera.

Edit: you'll be able to go virtually anywhere you want as if you were there to see a race ... lots of good shots to be had at turn 2/3, turn 5, as well as turns 8/9/10
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

ZTWsquared,Aug 24 2009, 10:59 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2009, 10:59 PM Wrote:I'll be getting in early Sunday to help with setup and registration (and getting the car passed through tech)

NefCanuck

Yup - looking forward to it for sure.

I guess you'll be doing all that at the hotel ... looks like entry to the track on Sunday might be a problem because it's race day.

I was actually thinking about camping (haven't booked a hotel yet LOL) ... but might be tough for Sunday night ... so I might not come 'till early early Monday.

I'll save a spot for you in the lower paddock and we can form the Fusion Faction ... I've a got a two seater beer chair and umbrella - you can help me change my rims and check out my new Dewalt 98 ft/lb 18v impact driver.
[right][snapback]293219[/snapback][/right]

Yeah tech is at the host hotel on Sunday, scheduled to start at 3pm IIRC.

I've got my hotel room already booked, I suck at camping :P

Hrm, if you're bringing a chair that means I could leave mine at home, though it might not be a bad idea to bring it anyways, still have to unload a bunch of things from my trunk (including a collapsible snow shovel & snow brush :ph34r:)

Oh man, early Monday from Brampton? Yuck that's at least a 5AM departure time for you to make tech at the track Monday morning & ground school by 8AM :blink:

18v impact driver? Wow didn't even know they made impact drivers that ran off batteries :huh: I'll be bringing along my cordless air compressor gun myself (Make it easy to change pressures or give someone a top up as they need)

NefCanuck
Oh God I wish I was tuned right now. I would so show up with my Toyo Proxi R888's
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike

NefCanuck
I want to be there around 3:00 PM fro the inspection . I've only booked a room for monday night . I'd love to camp sunday night if allowed . Also my wife is not feeling ok so I'll have to play by ear . I wonder if we're going out all of us after the inspection , like last year ?
Gabriel,Aug 25 2009, 04:58 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
I want to be there around 3:00 PM fro the inspection . I've only booked a room for monday night . I'd love to camp sunday night if allowed . Also my wife is not feeling ok so I'll have to play by ear . I wonder if we're going out all of us after the inspection , like last year ?
[right][snapback]293275[/snapback][/right]

I haven't heard anything officially, but I can't remember if the get together last year was actually scheduled or just sort of happened based on who was there.

Heh, I'll be curious if any of the instructors from last year will remember my car from last year. I think this years version will make them do double takes :P

NefCanuck
So, gentlemen, if you are going to book a hotel, if it's in Bowmanville, please keep the noise down, I need my "beauty" sleep.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ill be at there sat and maby Sunday.

no focus thow lol. im part of the pit crew im with number #34 mini stock. should be a good weekend.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
oldeguy,Aug 26 2009, 06:46 AM Wrote:So, gentlemen, if you are going to book a hotel, if it's in Bowmanville, please keep the noise down, I need my "beauty" sleep.
[right][snapback]293291[/snapback][/right]

Host hotel IIRC is in Oshawa (Holiday Inn)

I'd be more worried about the guests leaving Sunday that us coming in Sunday. Don't forget the guests there over the weekend are there for the "Grand Prix of Mosport" a much different crowd than us :lol:

NefCanuck
Jmountney1,Aug 26 2009, 07:03 AM Wrote:ill be at there sat and maby Sunday.

no focus thow lol. im part of the pit crew im with number #34 mini stock. should be a good weekend.
[right][snapback]293293[/snapback][/right]

Hope you have a good time, I'll be at the host hotel on Sunday helping out.

We get on teh track Monday, so try and leave the place in one piece for us when we get there eh? :lol:

NefCanuck
Just to whet the appetite ... this is me in June tracking down a couple of back markers at the infamous turn 2 at Mosport (aka Clayton Corner) ... here's how you drive it ...

"Clayton Corner." Blind downhill double-apex.

Coming out of 1 get to the right side of the track to set up for the turn-in. Start turning in so you're in the centre of the road when cresting the hill. This takes lots of practice as there are no good nearby visual markers for the turn-in. Touch the gutter at top of hill for first apex (if it doesn't scare you s***less) ... then let car drift out (surprisingly far, maybe half-way or slightly more) at mid-point of 2 then apply steadily increasing power going down hill.

The power points the car and it hunkers down and settles the back end. At the bottom of the hill you should find yourself at full throttle. Steering input is almost frozen through this--if anything it tightens at second apex (a slight decreasing radius). Pavement a bit broken up at second apex--don't creep too much further to the left else you're in the grass.

If you go off the track do NOT yank the car back on. After the second apex, don't unwind (at same time, don't fight wheel) until after exit--this points you to corner 3's turn-in. Let the car track out very near or touching the turtles.

In this pic I'm in between the first and second apex with full power applied in 5th gear ... this picture does not accurately reflect just how steep this corner is.

[Image: _DSC1480.jpg]

I'll bring diapers , just in case :D
It does seem pretty steep . What was your speed through that turn ? If you had time to look :blink:
I think a little pic could help to better understand the situation ... [Image: mosportnorth1.gif]
Gabriel,Aug 26 2009, 08:16 PM Wrote:It does seem pretty steep . What was your  speed through that turn ? If you had time to look  :blink:
I think a little pic could help to better understand the situation ... [Image: mosportnorth1.gif]
[right][snapback]293336[/snapback][/right]

Now that I know the corner pretty good I can start the corner at 150 ... at the crest of the hill I'm already in 5th and I generally shift at 140 to 145 - then just before the second apex it's full on the gas and up to 160 to 165 - but I tell you this is a sphincter-tightening moment because at that speed the car will track out to the far turtles no matter what you do ... and at this point minimal steering input is allowed, and there is no braking or lifting because you'll lose traction and go off.

And that's not the end of it ... at 160 you have very little time to get over to the left and lined up for turn 3 (especially if you've caught up to other traffic) ... you have to scrub 60 kph in about a second of braking otherwise you'll go wide on 3 (the turn in is much sooner than it looks to be) and that's definitely not good. And the thing about other traffic is that the next short straight is a passing zone, so I have to be up the other guys ass through the corner to make the point that I want by.

Because my car is a "momentum" car (ie: no hp) I have to be extremely careful about my line because if I scrub speed it takes forever to get it back. In a way I'm grateful for this because IMO its helped me learn how to drive as opposed to just pushing the pedals to the floor.

Wow, that photo puts it in perspective, that's a big damn track to be playing on :blink:

Wonder if I'll get the V6 pegged on the longer section? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 26 2009, 10:08 PM Wrote:Wow, that photo puts it in perspective, that's a big damn track to be playing on :blink:

Wonder if I'll get the V6 pegged on the longer section? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]293342[/snapback][/right]
That longer section, also known as Mario Andretti Straightaway, is a seriously steep uphill climb all the way ... so weight is your enemy here ... like I said - pictures don't do justice to the dramatic elevation changes built into that course.