Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tack Night At Shannonville?
As ya'll know that the 22nd was rained out so the event is only held on Saturdays. I would like to know when the best weekend id for everyone till close of the track in October. post your prefereded day and a backup just incase and I will figure out by majority what day to plan it for and get started on the next ones preperation.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
PIGEON1,Apr 30 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:As ya'll know that the 22nd was rained out so the event is only held on Saturdays. I would like to know when the best weekend id for everyone till close of the track in October. post your prefereded day and a backup just incase and I will figure out by majority what day to plan it for and get started on the next ones preperation.
[right][snapback]184190[/snapback][/right]

Are we talking lapping or gay 1320?
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
HAHA.... what I mean is if were going to have a 1/4mile night (run our cars/spectate) I would like it to be more than just hardk0re and I able and or willing to go to the track....be what ever the excuses maybe.
If I get everyones opinion on the day there able to make it then there won't be any last minute no shows because they will have made pre arranged plans from there end.(no "I forgot I had to work posts) What I would like to do is get ahold of some local car clubs and make it into at least a yearly thing if not more. Maybe even a charitable thing down the road to give back to the community and show other people (non car enthusiests) that not all people in done up cars are "street racing clowns" that don't give two whistles about anyone but them and there car buddies. (good PR) for our cluband others if they want to join in on it.

So give me some feed back and not ribbing (lol) on this topic. Lets make focuscanada be a contributing club to our communities.

thanks for everyones help PIGEON1

You want weekends we aren't available? Well so far my verboten weekends are:

Anything in May
1st two weeks of June
1st two weeks of July
2nd weekend in August
1st weekend in September

Anything else is open at this time <_<

NefCanuck
Okay... people! This is the thread I was talking about at the meet... so help Mike here and pick your days...

Mike, people were asking about the next track day. You need to recruit better, :lol:
I'll just throw out June 3rd.
SangriaRedZX5,May 3 2006, 06:58 AM Wrote:Okay... people! This is the thread I was talking about at the meet... so help Mike here and pick your days...

Mike, people were asking about the next track day. You need to recruit better, :lol:
[right][snapback]184940[/snapback][/right]

Sorry Ashley :( .....could I have some pointers? :unsure: lol

would anyone rather do an autoX meet? Somewhere more local to us :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 3 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:would anyone rather do an autoX meet? Somewhere more local to us :)
[right][snapback]184989[/snapback][/right]

Oh.... So your going to try and steal the people from me so they can go somewhere more local.
That is real Canadian of ya. I was hoping ot get help from everyone. I think you can do what you want.

If anyone is interested in doing this event in Shannonville pm me and we will do it that way. Maybe the civic and mazada guys won't undercut me in this area.

PIGEON1,May 3 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:
nass,May 3 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:would anyone rather do an autoX meet? Somewhere more local to us :)

Oh.... So your going to try and steal the people from me so they can go somewhere more local.
That is real Canadian of ya. I was hoping ot get help from everyone. I think you can do what you want.

If anyone is interested in doing this event in Shannonville pm me and we will do it that way. Maybe the civic and mazada guys won't undercut me in this area.
[right][snapback]185024[/snapback][/right]

now now don't get your panties in a knot. I am not stealing your thunder here. It's obvious not many people want to drive all the way there just for 1/4mile. Road course maybe, I was just suggesting something more people would rather do.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,May 3 2006, 01:11 PM Wrote:
PIGEON1,May 3 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]185024[/snapback][/right]

now now don't get your panties in a knot. I am not stealing your thunder here. It's obvious not many people want to drive all the way there just for 1/4mile. Road course maybe, I was just suggesting something more people would rather do.
[right][snapback]185036[/snapback][/right]

It would be a multi club gathering along with any car lover who would like to get together. Have a fundraiser, BBQ , poker run, the options could be limitless. I was also thinking as I stated in my first post a charitable based g2g.

Like if we do the BBQ, poker rally or what ever we do all the proceeds would go to a charity of choice (personally I think the make a wish foundation for kids)

I did this to find out interest and build from there to hopefully make it a annual event. The reason I picked Shannonville is that it is close to me to organize everything, They provide camping area for any di hard car enthusiests. It is not near the major hustle and bustle of a city but yet belleville, Toronto and Kingston are close. Trust me there is alot of Americans that come up for Bike rallies so it woldn't be hard to get them here for a car rally.

Thinking about it I think we should do a Poker Run during the day and all proceds to charity and that night who ever wants to go to/on the track it is readibly available to them. YA THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO.

So now I need everyones help by telling me if your interested in that idea by monday, please FC don't let me down. (do it for the kids)

Oh by the way nass there is no hard feelings on my behalf, sorry for getting a little bitchy there.

None taken, unlike some I don't get too offended online since there are a lot of misunderstandings..... I think what you're doing is great I didn't know that was the purpose of this, I thought you just wanted to get together and burn some gas.

Good luck organizing this and hope all goes well. ( I wasn't trying to be sarcastic there even though it sounds like it :) )
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
I like driving in a straight line...I like driving around corners....dunno I just like going full out legally. So i'm in for either 1/4 or auto-x or anything.

But this thread is for a 1/4 mile day....not sure what goes on at shannonville but its a real cool place to see some cool cars.
NefCanuck,May 1 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:2nd weekend in August

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]184377[/snapback][/right]
big parteee that weekend ;)
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 1 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:2nd weekend in August

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]184377[/snapback][/right]
big parteee that weekend ;)
[right][snapback]185187[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that's why I have it listed as a "verboted" weekend (I meant verboten but I'm too freakin' lazy to change it :lol:) My summer schedule is looking rather packed now that I look at my schedule again :blink:

NefCanuck
PIGEON1,May 3 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:Sorry Ashley :( .....could I have some pointers? :unsure:  lol
[right][snapback]184964[/snapback][/right]

The thread has warmed up a bit... there are still some more people who asked.
SangriaRedZX5,May 4 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:
PIGEON1,May 3 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:Sorry Ashley :( .....could I have some pointers? :unsure:  lol
[right][snapback]184964[/snapback][/right]

The thread has warmed up a bit... there are still some more people who asked.
[right][snapback]185237[/snapback][/right]

Hey everyone I have opened a new topic for this Shannonville plan I have, It's called Shannonville charity g2g.