Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mpi To Refund 10% Of Your 04-05 Premium
Woo hoo!!!! I <3 public insurance.......

Quote: Premium rebates are on the way to Autopac customers
Manitoba Public Insurance returns $58.3 million to 550,000 customers

This week more than $58 million in rebate cheques will be mailed to all Manitobans who had Autopac policies in the 2004-2005 insurance year.

This is the second premium rebate from Manitoba Public Insurance in five years, bringing the total returned to Manitobans in that period to $140 million. The rebates are in addition to nearly a decade of rate stability that Manitobans have enjoyed. This year, more than 57 per cent of vehicle owners will pay less for their auto insurance when they renew their Autopac policies.

“It was a big job to calculate and cross-check the accounts of about 550,000 customers, and then generate cheques worth $58.3 million,” said President and CEO Marilyn McLaren. “As Manitobans receive these cheques over the next few weeks, they will reap the benefits of a public insurance system that works for them.”

The Public Utilities Board directed the way the rebates would be calculated and paid. It determined that each customer would be refunded 10 per cent of the basic Autopac premium they paid in the 2004-05 insurance year, net of registration fees, financing fees, interest costs, refunds, discounts or extension products. It cost less than $1 per cheque to deliver the rebate to Manitobans.

Strong investment income and lower costs paved the way to this rebate.

“When a private insurance company has unexpected income, it goes to shareholders,” said McLaren. “Under our public insurance system, it is our policy holders who share in the benefit.”

Cheques are going to all customers who had policies during the 2004-2005 insurance year, including those who have since closed accounts or moved from the province. In the case of customers who have died since that year, cheques will be issued to their estates.

The cheques are being sent to the last addresses Manitoba Public Insurance has on file. The easiest and fastest way to notify Manitoba Public Insurance of an address change, or to ask questions about the premium rebate, is through an Autopac broker.
And when was the last time PRIVATE auto insurers EVER gave us poor suckers a break? The last time they didn't raise our premiums <_<

NefCanuck
:D
Cheque was waiting for me when I got home from work.

$118.00

Better then a poke in the eye witha sharp stick some would say.

Cheers. :D
How about *snip*

How 'bout you chill out meford.-SVT ZX3
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I think i'd be shocked if i ever saw an insurance rebate. Altho now that i'm getting out of that 18-21 male category my rates are slowly coming down.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Quote:How about....

Too late, money's in the bank!!

Cheers.
Public insurance deductible...$200
2 million dollar liability premium...$20

$142 refund from a yearly premium that was already pennies compared to Ontario...PRICELESS :D
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 27 2006 Wrote:Public insurance deductible...$200
2 million dollar liability premium...$20

$142 refund from a yearly premium that was already pennies compared to Ontario...PRICELESS :D
[right][snapback]183666[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r: Rub iodine in the wounds why don't you?

Hell my premium comes up for renewal in August and all I'm doing is grabbing my chair in fear, if they can find a reason to jack your rates in Ontario, they'll do it :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Trust me, I know what its like.

I had my Focus insured in Ontario for a couple years, the cost was rediculous.

It was equivalent to my STi insured in Manitoba.
Haha same thing SGI did for Sask cept we get our checks in may
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Man, I only got $47!! Better than nothing I guess!!
meford4u,Apr 26 2006, 07:59 PM Wrote:How about *snip*

How 'bout you chill out meford.-SVT ZX3
[right][snapback]183550[/snapback][/right]

hahaha.... Own3d! :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
sorry but us BC owners got rebates too!

I got a check for $250 from ICBC last year, and my rates dropped by $60 a month this year!

happy happy joy joy
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....