Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Review...fuzion Zri
Ok, now that I've had the chance to drive my car some more, in assorted conditions with these tires for a little bit more than a week...I gotta say that the Fuzion ZRi in a 215/45 ZR 17(W) is certainly a bargain, and then some. They stick to bare pavement like the cheese from your Pizza Pops to the platter in your microwave, they hold corners like crazy...without making a sound, and I have yet tried to push the outer limits to see where this limit is. They are great in the rain too...still grip and corner really well, almost as equally well as they do in the dry. They also look awesome from any angle, and look beefy with a nice square outer profile. The thich rimguard contributes to the nice straight profile to the rim, giving the sidewall a nice shape. The tread design is sporty, with the outer blocks meant for exceptional later grip (which they in fact do have), and the center aqua ducts dispell water very efficiently.

I only paid $168.00 each for these tires, balanced, mounted, and road forced. They aren't heavy, which is an added bonus on a performance standpoint.

I think that if anyone wants a good summer tire (and they certainly are this, as I found out the hard way driving in some late-season snow), and is on a modest budget, these are the tires for you. Oh yeah, and before anyone asks, no they haven't rubbed at all, not even at full lock. Either this is because of being a good fitment to the rim and the sidewall being so straight, or it's because my rim is the correct offset.

Ttyl!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Good review, I'd like to put a set of these on my new rims, but that'll prolly have to wait til next year. Glad to hear you're happy with them.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I have the Fuzion ZRi's on my stock rims in the stock size (205/50R16) and I couldn't be happier. I totally agree with the above review.

Excellent tires.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
huh - i have these tires - hey make sure you have an alignment on yr car before you run these tires - the chatter very easily - i just found that out with only 5000km on them - got an alignment and now am trying to resolve the prob.

hey what r u guys running your psi in yr tires at? - i find these run high
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I bought my car it had a set of these tires on the stock 16" rims, I really like them so far, except for in the snow (what did you expect anyway?)
They call for 32 PSI cold, if it's just say yourself, and your stereo in the car. If you are gonna load the vehicle with 3 people and luggage, etc, then set them to 35 PSI cold...this is so that they will be at the correct Load Index...

The boys down at Bullas Autoservice/Main west Firestone certainly know and teach me a lot about the tires I use...
these tires can go up to 40 psi as well so you can play with them a bit
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, these tires have quite a lot of mileage on them now, but they still kick butt, and the rimguarg has done an excellent job of keeping my SVT's in great shape. The lateral grip is still awesome, and I can take a lot of corners a lot quicker than stock foci, and especially cavi's and sunfires. They also are awesome in the rain still too, though they will give up grip if there is sand or anything else to break your contact patch while cornering hard in the wet.

I was thinking of getting even more expensive tires next year, but I am thinking now that I might just buy another set of these again...they are that great!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tire Review Bf Goodrich 02_svt_guy 4 2,311 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Last Post: kc focus