Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firewall
okay guys...

I have an 05 (you know this already)
and i need to do some wiring, and i want to hook up to my battery...now, HOW THE HELL do you get through the firewall...

I can't find a single decent area to get through, without the possiblity of drilling a new hole and installing a grommet...(holes = rust = no floor)

Can someone please help me out here....pics would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...

THANK IN ADVANCE
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
You'll find it much easier if you start from the engine compartment towards the inside. Look for things that you know have to go inside. Gas cable, clutch cable, main battery wire to the fuse box, those kinds of things... If you follow one of those leads, you'll definately find an easy way in... once inside, it's just a matter of finding where it popped into.
passenger side where the ecu cables come through the firewall.

shold be a huge grommet
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 5 2006, 10:29 PM Wrote:passenger side where the ecu cables come through the firewall.

shold be a huge grommet
[right][snapback]168603[/snapback][/right]

Oooh. Good one. Especially since on the inside you just have to fold down the glove box. ;)
Slim..if you got an automatic by any chance, pop a hole in the plastic clutch pedal hole, and feed it up....

If not there is a hole to the left of your clutch openning and over a tad...it may have a grommet around the hole...depending on the gauge of cable you may need to widen it....

Right anthony D...? hhahah

Slim..msn me if you need more help...
microbunny,Feb 6 2006, 05:30 AM Wrote:Slim..if you got an automatic by any chance, pop a hole in the plastic clutch pedal hole, and feed it up....

If not there is a hole to the left of your clutch openning and over a tad...it may have a grommet around the hole...depending on the gauge of cable you may need to widen it....

Right anthony D...?  hhahah

Slim..msn me if you need more help...
[right][snapback]168614[/snapback][/right]

sweet i'll check that later tonight...thanks
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
That's exactly what I did... drilled a hole just large enough to pass the power cable in, then siliconed it to seal it up against fumes, etc.

From there you can either run the cable through the console as you've mentioned was your plan, or run them under the plastic scuffplate by the door (which is what I did).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.