Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meguiars Nxt Tech Wax Review
I finally got around to use my nxt tech wax i bought from http://www.eshine.ca a few months back. This is the liquid wax version, it has a nice lime smell to it.
This is a pic of it
[Image: NXTwax.gif]
"If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do: Your paint will be darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen. Their new ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tougher, polymer bond to your paint so it can provide extreme protection. Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish. Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling new finish.
"
It's a little pricey like most meguiars products in canada but that's the price we must pay i guess.

Now, best thing to use to apply is to use the microfoam applicator with the wax. Apply it and do it in very thin coats or it will be a pain to wipe off. Once applied it usually takes about 15 mins to setup on the paint in normal conditions. Once you believe it has setup do the swipe test, swipe your finger across an area that has been waxed and if eveything comes off with no resistance it is ready. Best thing to use is a microfiber cloth and rub back and fourth and it should be easy as pie if applied correctly. Now this wax is a little tricky, it must be left alone for 12 hours so the synthetic polymers to setup on the paint. 24 hours is optimal time. So that means no water must get on the surface. Also when buffing just wipe off the wax and do not rub anymore or you will take off the polymers.

Great at hiding swirls and minor scratches. Durability lasts about 5-7 weeks, 2 or 3 washes kills slickness and dull the shine.
Looks the best on darker colors espcially dark metallic's :)

As time goes by the shine will get better and will become very slick, it looks very nice after sitting for it's 12 hours. The shine is very nice, but the paint doesn't look as deep and wet as what turtle wax platinum series looks. Annother coat of nxt after about 24 hours will enchance the color and shine some more. In the end it's a very nice wax,shine is great but the depth is something that depends on the user. I suggest 2 coats to make it looks it's best and it is a breeze to apply and remove. Also this stains black trim so be careful when applying!!!!

In all i give it a 8/10, it's just a little pricey at 29.99 at crappy, eshine has it for 25.00. Also prep is the ultimate thing with this wax, it's better to make sure the car is washed with a good car wash and maybe clayed, pre wax cleaner is also a good idea. I say give it a try, i like it B)

Topping NXT with a pure carnuaba wax like mothers original pure carnuba or the meguiars step 3 system looks awesome. Any pure carnauba wax will make it look even better, make sure it is pure with no cleaners.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kick ass.... We went over these products a few month's ago when I picked em up. There damned kick ass.
Im gonna let you know the Insane shine for tire's is like a mirror on your tired.... But for what they ask in $ its not worth it.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Sep 14 2005, 01:48 PM Wrote:Kick ass.... We went over these products a few month's ago when I picked em up. There damned kick ass.
Im gonna let you know the Insane shine for tire's is like a mirror on your tired.... But for what they ask in $ its not worth it.
[right][snapback]141923[/snapback][/right]

My brother bottle a can, won't use it again. The shine is to bright and and makes them hard to clean afterwards, meguiars hates canada b/c their prices are just dumb.
My Mom Says I'm Special
The NXT Paste is going on my Focus as soon as I can. Who knows what the dealer put on it before I picked it up last Friday... :unsure:

Meguiar's #26 has been a staple of my detailing equipment for a while now, but NXT Paste will replace it.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Sep 19 2005, 05:47 PM Wrote:The NXT Paste is going on my Focus as soon as I can. Who knows what the dealer put on it before I picked it up last Friday...  :unsure:

Meguiar's #26 has been a staple of my detailing equipment for a while now, but NXT Paste will replace it.

Ryan
[right][snapback]143186[/snapback][/right]

Id like to get some #16 :D
My Mom Says I'm Special
reldridge,Sep 19 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:The NXT Paste is going on my Focus as soon as I can. Who knows what the dealer put on it before I picked it up last Friday...  :unsure:

Ryan
[right][snapback]143186[/snapback][/right]

You can still find #16 online, but for a price... The shipping kills you.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
NXT Tech Wax is awesome, but I did buy the liquid, and after a few uses I bought the paste version. I would have to say the paste version goes on and comes off much better than the liquid one beleive it or not!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded