Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Wheel Bearing
Some Focus owners may experience rear wheel bearing problems :lol:

You can buy just the bearing from Ford. Some other shops may try to sell you a complete drum assy. This is not necessary. The bearing costs about 60 bux. It comes with a new nut and snap ring.

First you have to get the wheel off. Remove the dust cover in the hub. You'll have to use a small flat screwdriver. You'll probably bend the lip on the cover. This is easily fixed with pliers before installation. Remove the nut holding the bearing/drum to the spindle using a 30mm socket. It is very tight. Once the drum is off gently pry out the dust ring on the inside of the bearing. Be careful not to bend it up as you have to reuse it. Remove the large snap ring inside the hub. Now this is where you'll need some not so average tools. Press the bearing out. You'll have to use a press for sure. Taking note of the way the bearing is installed. ( both sides are different on the bearing). Press the new bearing back in the same way, put the new snap ring in, gently tap the inner dust ring in and put the hub back on the spindle. Using the new nut torque the spindle to 173 ft/lb. replace dust cap and put the wheel back on.

Drive until the next wheel bearing failure.

I'll get the part number for the bearing and post it up here.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Rear wheel bearing kit part number YS4Z-1A049-AA List price 74.95 In case you damage the dust cap it is YS4Z-1248-AA List price 7.42. Same for all Focuses.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I'm on my 6ths seto fbearings at least.

I may need this tip someday.

Hey Meford....You could use this too, the bearings in your car whine as bad as Bunny.
ANTHONYD,Sep 2 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:I'm on my 6ths seto fbearings at least.

I may need this tip someday.

Hey Meford....You could use this too, the bearings in your car whine as bad as Bunny.
[right][snapback]138496[/snapback][/right]

I can't hear that high of a pitch. My hearing at that level went when i got married. I learned very quickly to tune women out. Much like I am doing here to you :D A trait you will have to learn.

Ok, I'll look into it on a serious note. TY.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.