Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volant Filer (k&n Replacement) Part Number
Might be pointless asking this on this forum cause I know there probably arn't alot of users running this but whatever, thought I would ask.

Just curious as to what those that have a VOLANT are using for a replacement filter. Several have used the K&N and I was wondering what the part number (filter number) you are using for your VOLANT filter. I have seen several different ones being used and just looking for some input on this as to which one you are using, what part number, any problems with install, etc.

Thanks in advance.
I dont know the number but Im intrested in this also, as my filter is toasted.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Yeah cause I've seen about 3 different part numbers. Maybe someone can do a SEARCH on FJ (I don't have an account there yet) and post up what you can find on there.

There are at least 3 different ones I have searched for on FF. Also on the F&N site, you can enter all the dimensions of the filter (measurements) to get a part number but I thought it was easier to just ask on here. Is quite easier cause you have to take most of the VOLANT apart to get the filter out and it's dirty as hell. Easier to just ask.
Isn't there a K&N cleaning kit that you can use instead of having to replace the filter?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Yes there is (K&N FILTERCHARGER) and VOLANT makes one also. Either way the filter gets trashed over time anyway. The one I got is completely crap right now and need the proper K&N filter part number to replace it. To get a VOLANT filter up to Canada here your looking over a hundred bucks with shipping and brokerage.
Its gets trashed the most when you take it out and put it back in.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Why do you capitalize the word VOLANT?
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Mar 14 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:Why do you capitalize the word VOLANT?
[right][snapback]93467[/snapback][/right]

Just a habit I got from FocusFanatics when I reply to specific companies. I capitalize them all when I reply so specifics stand out.
There's other good filter besides K&N, shouldn't be that hard to find. JRP in Oakville carries AEM filters, just measure the inlet diameter, filter diameter and length. Or better yet, bring the filter/box in, and they can match one up pretty quick.

My filter is in good shape, despite taking it out for cleaning a few times. It is a big of a fight though, and I've considered getting another because of drying time etc. Then I figured it's really not that big of a hassle with a bit of planning ahead.

Yeah I know, what I was wanting with this thread is specific K&N filter numbers that people are using to generate a list.
Get the K&N cleaning kit.

25.00$

My VOLANT is 3 years old and looks like new.
I know about the kits, I need a new filter. The filter I have is 1/2 crushed, bent, looks like s**t. I want to buy a new filter and chuck this one. I did buy one but it wasn't the perfect size and I got the filter number off the FF site and it didn't match nicely.

That is why I am ASKING what filter number you K&N guys are using with your VOLANTs.....
Doesn't the Volant system use the stock lower half of the airbox?

If so, the standard K+N drop-in for all Ford Focuses (00-04) will fit. I'd get you the part number, but I'm at work right now.

EDIT - call Crappy and ask them, it's in the computer. Failing that, PM Anthony from PI.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
No the VOLANT uses it's own airbox, the only thing of the stock setup it uses is the stock snorkle, everything else is new.
I'm just going to order a new VOLANT filter, probably through Tony D at http://www.newedgeperformance.com

K&N sucks for the price and the hastle to get the filter ordered here in Saskatoon, it's easier to just get the VOLANT one from the states......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  part number for this?? konafocuswrc 3 2,895 10-28-2014, 05:55 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc