Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Thinking Of Hid Lighting
Product: XLight H9 5000K HID Plug and Play Conversion from MC Motoring
Price: <$100CDN
Where to Buy/More Info: http://stores.ebay.ca/MC-Motoring

I had my H9 halogen bulbs burn out after 6 years of use which was a decent life span I think, but looking for some decent quality H9 bulbs I found the price around the $60-70 mark, perhaps my inability to shop :) I found these HID conversions on ebay and the price was around $30-40 final bid on allot of the acutions so I decided to pickup a set. My total came to about $92cdn shipped to my door. I didn't expect much, but when the package came it was a quality plug and play kit, I did not need to do anything but do the foglight/drl mod, outside of that everything was just unplug, plug in and go.

The light output is way better than the hallogen lights I used to run, so far after almost two weeks of using these lights I really like them. The balasts and bulbs are made in korea. Outside of getting bulbs/balasts that come from Germany or Japan (and cost $400+) these are real good quality for the price.

I'll try and post some quick pics of the cutoffs and some good light output photos.

Quick Pic for now:
[Image: hid.jpg]

Link to Ebay Store:
http://stores.ebay.ca/MC-Motoring

Yeah, HID conversions kick butt, especially when they are plug n' play. I intend to get a set for my Stang this winter (in a 6000K for both the headlights, and the foglights).

Looks good man
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
You think these will fit 05+ head lights?
I know I have 9007 bulbs, so Iwould get that kit instead.

Oh, btw, I guess you lose high beams with this setup ... right?
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Oct 10 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:You think these will fit 05+ head lights?
I know I have 9007 bulbs, so  Iwould get that kit instead.

Oh, btw, I guess you lose high beams with this setup ... right?
[right][snapback]250569[/snapback][/right]

nope.. he has projector beam headlights (hellas).. the highbeams are (or should be) halogens on inside projector.

I wouldn't recommend HIDs for regular focus lights -- you really need projectors to ensure proper cut-off unless you want to risk getting pulled over for misaligned lights...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I have a set of projectors up for sale still ......hellas
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
My conversion kit for my Mustang will be Bi-Xenon versions, so I have the Hi/Lo still, and then have straight HID for the fogs....Acura MDX owners eat your hearts out biiiatch!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Lookin good Kev!

did you upgrade your fuses too? I know the kit i put in my Caddy said to put higher fuses

also are you gonna tie your high beams together with your low beams? that's how my Mach's are set up when i switched over
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I know my kit used Relays triggered off the OEM harness, the amperage a fuse is rated for allows it to blow before your wires catch fire... putting in a higher rated fuse is asking for a fire... so even if they are plug and play.. I would spend the extra $10 and half hr and put some relays in... sourcing power with higher gage wire and an appropriate inline fuse directly from the battery to the NC switch on the relay and out to the ballast
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I'll add that the hella's already add a power relay ;) at least mine did.
Maybe there is a chance for us 05+ Focus owners:

eBay item: 160170471575

2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black