Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amsoil Series 2000
I was told this is the best thing. I got 5L of it, but its not in the car yet. What are your thoughts about this stuff? Has anyone used it before?

Its suppose to have 50000Km protection. So I dont have to change oil as often.
http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/0w30-amsoil-mo...ine-engines.php

Here is the site, and BTW, Crappy Tire has it on sale for 9.63 instead of regular 12.99 for 1L.

Mo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

if more people will say good things about this product i will buy it to try it
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'd be leary of changing my oil every 50,000KM. even 5,000KM is pushing it for me
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Nov 29 2006, 02:07 AM Wrote:I'd be leary of changing my oil every 50,000KM. even 5,000KM is pushing it for me
[right][snapback]217817[/snapback][/right]

True, but if the oil doesn’t loose its viscosity and characteristics why would you change it?

its funny how the comany offers you a oil for 50000Km's but you have to change the OIL FILTER every 20000km. so what do I do with the oil once I change the oil? reuse it?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

If you change your oil every 5000 you'll be fine with any oil....I don't think that there is advantage using synthetic oil....oil is oil..
wicked product....but make sure that you completely flush your system before you put it in. If you are not running synthetic before you use it, there is some additive that you should use for one oil change before you start running this. Any shop that sells Amsoil will tell you
I've started using it since last summer. Great stuff, plus I don't need to pay the Canadian Tire regular price to get them regularly. The car surely "felt" much better and stronger compared to the regular amsoil synthetic, especially when I was on the track few times during the summer. I got the oil changed after about 13000km because I went to the track a few times I don't want to risk anything. Surprisingly, the mechanic told me that the oil were still pretty good when draining out.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
kc focus,Dec 3 2006, 12:31 AM Wrote:If you change your oil every 5000 you'll be fine with any oil....I don't think that there is advantage using synthetic oil....oil is oil..
[right][snapback]218438[/snapback][/right]

whoa,,, first off change your oil every 5K MAX no mater what brand or weight change it oftein,, I hate this longer lasting lazyer people BS,,, what's so hard about changing the oil once every three months... getting rid of the sludge?

and no offence but there are big diffrences between "our comliments" 10 W 30 and royal purple 10 W 30
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!

agreed i run royal purple and swear by there products
im never going back to a conventional again

5000KM is my expiration date though regardless
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
WOOT royal purple FTW!!! I buy it once a year in a 20L square pale... a case of K&N oil filters once a year and save mad cash! it cost me less than 170 for a years worth of high quality oil changes!
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I got a guy that sells it at $7.20 a Quart
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
ZED_not_zee,Feb 26 2007, 11:25 PM Wrote:
kc focus,Dec 3 2006, 12:31 AM Wrote:If you change your oil every 5000 you'll be fine with any oil....I don't think that there is advantage using synthetic oil....oil is oil..
[right][snapback]218438[/snapback][/right]

whoa,,, first off change your oil every 5K MAX no mater what brand or weight change it oftein,, I hate this longer lasting lazyer people BS,,, what's so hard about changing the oil once every three months... getting rid of the sludge?

and no offence but there are big diffrences between "our comliments" 10 W 30 and royal purple 10 W 30
[right][snapback]228247[/snapback][/right]

If your oil has NOT lost any of its characteristics, then why the hell you want to change it for? Hence why new cars have oil change indicators that tells you when its time to change oil.

The conventional oil losses its characteristics after 5000kms, if I can find oil that can keep it for a long time and pay a bit more, I don’t mind it, because it saves money and saves the environment.

Update after 10000kms, just changed my oil filter and kept the same oil. The oil still looks great :)
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

Quote:Surprisingly, the mechanic told me that the oil were still pretty good when draining out.

did your mechanic run the oil thru a spectrometer to find out how much additive was left, and whether or not the oil sheared down? you can't tell whether you can extend the oil change interval just by looking at the oil. i would be cautious of believing anything that mechanic says if he spouts BS like that

mo,

in my opinion no matter what oil you use, when you first start using it you should change at the manufacturer recommended change interval and get a used oil analysis performed to check how much additive is left, whether the oil has retained its viscosity, and to check for wear metals. then you use that info to determine how much you can extend your oil change interval based

also, if you are looking for a 0w30 full synthetic oil you should check out castrol syntec 0W30 'european formulation' oil. look in http://www.bobistheoilguy.com and do a search for 'GC' or 'german castrol' there is a ton of information on there about this oil, and its supposed be really good stuff. i just started using it and i will post up a used oil analysis in a few months to see if its actually any good compared to the rotella T i've been using up till now
ZED_not_zee,Feb 27 2007, 02:31 AM Wrote:WOOT royal purple FTW!!!  I buy it once a year in a 20L square pale... a case of K&N oil filters once a year and save mad cash! it cost me less than 170 for a years worth of high quality oil changes!
[right][snapback]228326[/snapback][/right]

thats what im running

5W20 Royal Purple and K&N oil filter

where do you get this "deal"?
i wouldn't mind gettin 20L of it and some oil filters
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike