Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whining Sound
hey all. anyone else have a problem that when they depress the clutch pedal, a whine can be heard from under the hood directly in front of the drivers seat? it only happens at the top of the pedal travel (so i guess it would be at the friction point). once clutch pedal is fully depressed (like if i'm at a light or something), whine stops. i removed the air intake resonator, so i'm wondering if maybe its some sort of negative pressure thing, and the sound (or air) is coming out of the hole on the side of the air filter box now. anyone got suggestions? doesn't affect preformance and no other problems that i can hear/see.
Idler (throw) bearing?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
midunno. could be for all i know :)

anyone else got suggestions?

btw, thanks for all that post replies and shizzy.
Maybe plug that hole and see if it still happens?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
belt under the hood slipping - the same thing used to happen on my standard dodge ram
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any particular belt? pardon my foggy mind if its clear what belt.
patient11,Nov 10 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:any particular belt?  pardon my foggy mind if its clear what belt.
[right][snapback]155047[/snapback][/right]

chances are it's not the timing belt, bet on the accessories belt. (the only fan belt on the car).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

mucho thanks. i'll give it a try and see what comes of it.
I'm with NOS... Throw-out bearing. Mine whines in my Mustang similar to what you describe.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
:blink: no. i don't want to read that. i'll cross my fingers for the belt being the culprit :P
that whine your hearing..

is from ALL THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....