Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50k service
i got a call from Dixie ford to do my 50k service. tranny flush, fuel filter, oil& filter..etc..total $420+ tax

is this necessary?
can i just do my regular oil change?
yes, but if your car is automatic, you should do the tranny flush as it is recommended every 50,000 kms or atleast once a year like your coolant.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i have only ever done my oil and filter. tranny will be coming up soon along with fuel filter and im @ 102k. if you get it done at a small shop it will be less expensive if you want it all done. id say for the auto do the flush tho
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Tell Dixie to F*** off they suck and all a bunch of meat heads there....Go some where else alot cheaper.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
when they called me to come in the girl told me $79 including tranny flush..when i get there the price changed and i left
im assuming automatic tranny flush? at any dealership it costs an arm and a leg, i remember i was quoted almost 200 bucks for it. i just ended up going to canadian tire, picking up a filter/gasket set for like 30 bucks + some merconV for another 30 and i was good to go, did it in the driveway.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Fuel Filter, Trany Filter, Oil Filter Mercron V or Better (Amsoil lol), Oil.
Vital to do at 50K. Pick up the parts and do it yourself if you can but best to take to a shop where they care. Don't use a premade gasket as they leak. Use a high heat silicone and make sure the pan and the tranny lip is buffed clean and smooth with no marks.
You only really need 5L unless you drop the hole dam tranny.
Most machines that they hook up to you tranny already contain a different fluid in the lines. Not good for your car and this is why 95% of CVT Transmissions fail shortly afterward.
Well, good luck.

And Dixie Sucks X2
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

tranny flush cost $199.95 but if u do it your self your not draining the torque converter which holds most of the fluid, with a tranny flush all the fluid is drained, a cleaner is added which is pushed through at high pressure cleaning the valve body and what not and then new fluid added. the filter is cleaned because the flush blows back through the filter which pulls all the crap out. id recommend it. it is expensive but u get 100% of the fluid changed. id also recommend ditching the auto trans and going with a manual...a way better driving experience!!! lol Big Grin
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
which is a good ford dealership?
for now i have to keep the auto because the wife does not want to drive 5spd anymore
well when I did the tranny flush on my yellow focus with the 5 speed it only cost me just over $100 something at mr. lube. If you looking for a ford dealership that is good for fixing your car I'd recommend Colony Ford in Brampton or Weiland Ford In Kitchener, as they've been very good to me, and really did things that put them over the top in terms of customer service for me.

back to mr.lube, for a tranny flush and coolant flush and cleaning for both on my new focus (it was really really bad btw) cost me $266.80 for all of it, and I was in and out in 30 minutes.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i called Planet Ford in Brampton and they told me $240 tax in.
(08-23-2010, 10:57 PM)X TUH BOARD Wrote: i called Planet Ford in Brampton and they told me $240 tax in.

Go with Planet. Colony... sry to say I've never been impressed there since the Shop Manager from Logan GM down the road then and took over Garage Manager at Colony. Said to me my car didn't have leather or traction controll. Whos a dip-s**t, hes a dip-s**t.Big Grin
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I'm going to Planet Ford on Wednesday..their price is half what Dixe and Colony quoted..plus they are 2 mins from my house
phone summit ford, were an SVT dealer....im a sales guy here, ask for robert and tell him dan butcher said to call you, tell hime what you want, and see what the price is. were not nobs over here at summit!
i will call them tmrw..thanks