Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling !?
Hey guys, just looking for opinions. In the spring time
I'm going to be installing my rear disc, in the process if all goes well ill be installing coil overs as well, what I'm asking is. What else should I try and stock pile over the winter to install while its all apart. I remember reading somewhere that the 2010 and up that the control arms are an exact match and up graded, and I was thinking about eibach sway bars as well. Does anyone else have any input or sources for even better suspension handling components? Thanks!
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Camber arms , toe arms , good endlinks. Most of all getting it set up right. You can spend all the money you wany on parts but if the setup is poop all that money will be for nothing.
(12-20-2012, 12:25 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: Camber arms , toe arms , good endlinks. Most of all getting it set up right. You can spend all the money you wany on parts but if the setup is poop all that money will be for nothing.

what he said^^^

if you wanna go all out and get the best suspension , camber arms toes arms, dominic lower control arms. dominic front control arms
massive front sway bar endlinks upper and lower sway/strut bars and poly bushings all over. and a good 32 way adjustable coilover kit. hope your gonna be doing some serious tracking lol. other wise alot of the above isnt really needed
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I also forgot about camber plates up front, and a good set of bushings all around. It just all comes down to how much your going to spend and how your going to use it.
(12-22-2012, 05:16 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: I also forgot about camber plates up front, and a good set of bushings all around. It just all comes down to how much your going to spend and how your going to use it.

But not the cheap camber plates - they cause more problems then they solve.

Heavier sway bars if it wasn't mentioned and another option for rear camber adjustment is the Ford Racing rear subframe which has built in camber adjustment and it was just 187 US the last time I bought them. M-5350-ZX3
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I went with a complete Dynamic/Multimatic Suspension from SHM (Sean Hyland Motorsports). This was the front springs, struts, rear springs and shocks, and both sway bars. Basically the stock suspension bits for a Focus RS...This, combined with 17x7" rims and 215/45 17 tires and MOOG HD swaybar endlinks with greasable fittings and poly or graphite bushings were AMAZING. The ride was nearly like stock, it was taught, but not rough. The steering response and handling were beyond belief, and this was without going to the expense of coilovers and all the other adjustable bits that most people really don't end up needing. I'm not sure who sells that stuff anymore, but I recall it was a notch or two above the stock SVT parts, and not very expensive (I think it was around 1400 including buying the parts, and having them installed and doing a 4-wheel alignment after installation at a tire dealership with a state of the art alignment rack and hoist).

Just and idea...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
See my signature. Get CFM front camber adjustable tubular control arms and SPC rear upper camber arms That'll give you 5 degree of adjustment there. CFM also makes rear toe arms. Don't forget swaybars. H&R or Eibach ones are the way to go. I went Eibach. Best thing to do, upgrade your front brakes too. EBC Dimpled and Slotted with either EBC Greenstuff or Hawk HPS pads are good for daily driven. Also upgrade your front swaybar endlinks, the oem ones are garbage.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Spc standing for what? Or what's a link to their website
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

massive sells all that stuff to. they just redesigned there new rear camber arms. there all billet aluminum now
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(02-15-2013, 03:00 PM)jtdanks Wrote: Spc standing for what? Or what's a link to their website

SPC...

http://www.spcperformance.com/

I'd go with their rear camber arms (not the bolts).
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
(02-16-2013, 01:14 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: massive sells all that stuff to. they just redesigned there new rear camber arms. there all billet aluminum now

They look dope , i wish i could trade my old massive ones in or the new ones.
(02-16-2013, 10:36 AM)adamzx5 Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 01:14 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: massive sells all that stuff to. they just redesigned there new rear camber arms. there all billet aluminum now

They look dope , i wish i could trade my old massive ones in or the new ones.

ya there crazy. insane degrees aswell i think its 7 degrees +/- or more
Instagram @o_so_slo