Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Steering Fluid. (filling)
Can I just unscrew the top of the bottle and fill the fluid under the hood? Is it a charged line?

I don't need to bleed lines and s*** do I?
ANTHONYD,Apr 3 2007, 09:27 AM Wrote:Can I just unscrew the top of the bottle and fill the fluid under the hood? Is it a charged line?

I don't need to bleed lines and s*** do I?
[right][snapback]233015[/snapback][/right]
Unscrew the cap and fill her up. If it is really low, that may be the whining noise you hear. Mine has a slow leak, probably from wrestling the resevoir around when working on the alternator, etc. Something to fix during the warm weather, if it ever gets here
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
It's just a reservoir like the brake( clutch ) oil reservoir between the firewall and the air box.No pressure in there.

You need to add some ? It's must be leaking somewhere , this thing can't evaporate..
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Cool.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT the cause for the whining noise. Would low power steering cause flickering and dimming of lights?
ANTHONYD,Apr 3 2007, 11:04 AM Wrote:Cool.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT the cause for the whining noise. [right][snapback]233023[/snapback][/right]

yes, escpecially when its low.

When i swapped my new engine in, the car would whine a bit when turning the wheel to its max position. I had Ford bleed the power steering and my problem was gone.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Apr 3 2007, 11:04 AM Wrote:Would low power steering cause flickering and dimming of lights?
[right][snapback]233023[/snapback][/right]

I don't think so , my lights a flickering on my 00 ZX3 and can't figure out what is causing that... I cleaned all ground that I was able to find and no amelioration... :(
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
um.. my focus, and even the stang will often experience flickering lights and whatnot when idling.

Anyways, just top up the steering fluid.. there's a max fill line you don't want to go above and that's about it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ANTHONYD,Apr 3 2007, 11:04 AM Wrote:Cool.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT the cause for the whining noise. Would low power steering cause flickering and dimming of lights?
[right][snapback]233023[/snapback][/right]
Your right, the low fluid won't cause the flickering and dimming, but, the low fluid makes the pump work harder, and the pump will whine. Regardless, the fluid is just a top up, no bleeding or pumping needed.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
my ac compressor went bunk and that caused my lights to flicker when idling... but my resovoir was low too so i did top it off just incase ya know...
My other ride is your Mom