Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Change Questions
i was thinking about pulling out my seats and swapping in a set of corbeau sets
what kind of problems will i face since i am pulling a set of leather seats out that have side airbags in them.
is changing out these seats a bad idea???
E.O MASIV
well your car is going to want to see an airbag there,, some times it's as simple as puting a resistor in to terminate the harness.. but you might need to get tricky with diodes and such to isolate the cercut I'm not sure.. try http://www.th12volt.com search the site guaranteed some one else has run into this..

also:

there might be a harness that you can buy from metra or the like.. check with a sterio shop who deals with alarms and starters...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
The stock buckle unbolts from the seat, most after market brackets have provisions for it to bolt up. I know the corbeau brackets have this, so if you go corbeau theres no issues.

Note the corbeau brackets come in two types, tall and standard. I'd recommend the tall ones. It keeps the seat height closest to stock height.
hardk0re,Mar 12 2007, 07:06 AM Wrote:The stock buckle unbolts from the seat, most after market brackets have provisions for it to bolt up.  I know the corbeau brackets have this, so if you go corbeau theres no issues.

Note the corbeau brackets come in two types, tall and standard.  I'd recommend the tall ones.  It keeps the seat height closest to stock height.
[right][snapback]229875[/snapback][/right]

:D . Once you have the right brackets, install is litteraly 20 minutes.

These are the corbeau tall brackets.

[Image: DSCF2262.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 12 2007, 08:00 AM Wrote::D .  Once you have the right brackets, install is litteraly 20 minutes.

These are the corbeau tall brackets.

[Image: DSCF2262.jpg]
[right][snapback]229888[/snapback][/right]

Mannn those are niiice.. How much all up did those run you?

I was going to ask how much the OP wanted to get rid of his stock leather seats, but after seeing those.. Hmmmmmm :)
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Seats and brackets was $700 total.

I know these seats have come down in price though.
Flofocus,Mar 12 2007, 09:03 AM Wrote:Seats and brackets was $700 total.

I know these seats have come down in price though.
[right][snapback]229901[/snapback][/right]

Where'd you shop for them?
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
http://www.streetimports.com or .ca, cant remember, theyre located in Ottawa

thats where you can get the seats. The brackets I got off a memeber here so youll have to ask him (hardkore)
what i was more worried about was will changing the seats cause me any problems with insurance?
E.O MASIV