Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Buy On Brakes.
nobody has PM'ed, emailed or posted that they would like a refund as of yet so none have be sent.

and yes, i have about 5 sets of the Brembo rotors in stock... we are just waiting on hawk to either ship the pads or let me know IF they are going to ship the pads.
Hey Mitch,

Just got my new suspension installed and the shop called to tell me my brakes are dangerous! Any chance on a pad substitution? Do you have anything in stock?

Help!?

A
So.. anything new?
ZX3T gone..
Actually i called again today to see what is the story.
Hawk apparently has "no stock or unknown stock" on the standard Focus Pads.....? they said they had stock not to long ago...?
all the other sources i called could offer me pricing at or above the prices i posted already before bringing them across the boarder.

offer for refunds is still available.
i have the rotors in stock, i'll ship them for free and refund the money for the pads and Tax and shipping if you like.
or you can wait for the pads to show up.
ZX3TUNING,Sep 18 2006, 11:00 PM Wrote:Actually i called again today to see what is the story.
Hawk apparently has "no stock or unknown stock" on the standard Focus Pads.....? they said they had stock not to long ago...?
all the other sources i called could offer me pricing at or above the prices i posted already before bringing them across the boarder.

offer for refunds is still available.
i have the rotors in stock, i'll ship them for free and refund the money for the pads and Tax and shipping if you like.
or you can wait for the pads to show up.
[right][snapback]207595[/snapback][/right]

hmmm ok thanks, I'll let you know if i decide to just take the rotors

might go to Calabogie on the 9th so would like to switch my brakes.. not sure my current ones could hold up the evening but if so, then i could just kill them and replace with these..

How long would it be to ship the rotors? J8R 2N5 .. more than 5 days?
ZX3T gone..
Check PM Mitch.. thx
ZX3T gone..
don't want to put the cart before the horse but i might have good news tomorrow night....
Well? Its tomorrow night - lol
Yeah not sure he got my most recent PM either
ZX3T gone..
ZX3TUNING,Jun 27 2006, 03:57 PM Wrote:As for fluid, we recommend and install the ATE fluid in all of our and our customer cars. Same fluid run in Turbo 911s, normal Porsches, Lamborgini's(sp), Lotus and other highend European sports cars... and it's ABS safe. Also has dry and wet boiling points almost 100% higher than many standard brake fluids.
[right][snapback]195555[/snapback][/right]
Quick question about brake fluid. If the dry boiling point is higher, isn't the wet boiling point much lower? Would the fluid need to be changed after each weekend of track abuse?
Thanks.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Bergin,
rotors were shipped tonight, you should see them mid next week.

CanadaSVT,Sep 21 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:Quick question about brake fluid.  If the dry boiling point is higher, isn't the wet boiling point much lower?  Would the fluid need to be changed after each weekend of track abuse?
Thanks.
[right][snapback]207996[/snapback][/right]

all brake fluid is Hydroscopic, which means it absorbs water over time.

a dry boiling point is the boiling point right out of the freshly opened container. this will progressively get lower and lower overtime.

a wet boiling point is at the point where no more water can be absorbed. this is usually in 1-2years of service in a sealed braking system.

in some cases of heavy-use track days, you will boiled lower grade or lower boiling point fluids in the lines and create air bubbles, this is where brake fade happens. you may need to bleed the brakes after this but usually you do not need to resort to a complete system flush unless you completely loose the brakes.

in most cases, more so with high end race fluids, a higher dry boiling point will also mean a higher wet boiling point.

The ATE fluid we sell has pretty much the highest dry and wet boiling point of all DOT4 ABS-safe brake fluids available anywhere and also higher BP's than many "race" fluids that cost 2-3x more!
with this ATE fluid in a propperly bled braking system, in most cases, your pads and your rotors will fail before the fluid does.

We recommend a brake system flush every 1.5-2yearson all cars, performance or not. on cars that see a lot of track abuse and serious driving 1-1.5year betweens flushes is a good idea.

On a SVT, some good pads, slotted rotors front and rear and SS lines with the ATE fluid... you will probably never reach the limits of your braking system.
ZX3TUNING,Sep 22 2006, 12:52 AM Wrote:Bergin,
rotors were shipped tonight, you should see them mid next week.

Nice, thank you sir
ZX3T gone..
Am I getting my refund too?
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Sep 25 2006, 05:30 AM Wrote:Am I getting my refund too?
[right][snapback]208375[/snapback][/right]

Check your PM... :)
check your PM ;)
ZX3T gone..
Got my rotors today.. thank you!
ZX3T gone..
See if you can get any prices on SS Brake Lines, I would be interested in a set for my zx3 (rear drum)
Okay, for thos of you want to know what transpired in the past between Mitch and I and why we hate each other, here is the reason why I pushed that he be tossed as a sponsor of the site.
He commented that I "don't know s*** about the Focus". Actually that's pretty true. I don't pretend that I do. When I can help, I will.

Mitch, truth is, you had terrible customer service. That's why your business suffered and your no longer in business. Hope you learn from it and move on.

But I know I still get under your skin.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Group Buy On Brakes ZTWsquared 15 5,922 08-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared