Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boycott Ford?!
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 21 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:I ain't gonna touch this with a 10ft pole.
[right][snapback]176199[/snapback][/right]

i'm with you on that.
'03 Focus SVT
Hey Frost, just out of curiosity what do "Bi women/Lipstick Lesbians" happen to drive?

B)

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
habmann,Mar 21 2006, 08:15 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 21 2006, 02:26 PM Wrote:the church already accepts (and embraces) drunks, assholes, and child molesters..
[right][snapback]176211[/snapback][/right]

They're called priests aren't they? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]176215[/snapback][/right]

my mom wanted me to become a preist when I was younger, but I always told her that I could never be one simply because I don't like young boys in that way.

and yeah who the eff cares if Ford is supports the gay moment there are always people in this world that will complain just to hear the sound of their voices. Besides by boycotting Ford they could very well put straight people out of a job if their moronic plan actually works. It would make sense if all of Ford was gay.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
2001 ZTS,Mar 21 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:Hey Frost, just out of curiosity what do "Bi women/Lipstick Lesbians" happen to drive?

B)
[right][snapback]176236[/snapback][/right]

I have no Idea 2001ZTS, it was a poll / questionare that asked your age bracket, gender, income, education, and then had a few choices of cars to choose from and they were added to the bottom of the list,

the typicals of what is found in the " community " were the top 6 I listed off such as the BMW, Volvo, Subaru, and the Mustang, More or less the New Bettle is a more or less a dead give away as to how flamboyant you are, it's thought off as a girly bottom's car, although, I have seen on the few occations I have been in Toronto's village any bettle parked with a rainbow strip almost all of them had the over sized " cute flower " in mini vase the holder near the wheel... lol...

But to tell the truth that was a poll / questionare that was set over all of north america only, of some 100,000+ people that participated in it.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Funny how those that said boycott Ford went quickly over to Subaru, a company that is prized by homosexual men and a company that openly and aggressively goes after the gay market.
Quit bashing Ford guys. Get you facts str8 before you go stomping on the bandwagon and wishing they would put more money into good things for str8 people. Dear Lord that is a dumb comment.
Gay, str8, why should we care where they go after a segment of the market?
We have Frost, an openly gay guy on here. He drives a yellow sedan Focus. Does that make every sedan driving Focus guy on here gay?

Some might think so with your attack of Ford for doing what is economically right for the company.

Is all about the $$$$.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 21 2006, 07:05 PM Wrote:Funny how those that said boycott Ford went quickly over to Subaru, a company that is prized by homosexual men and a company that openly and aggressively goes after the gay market.
Quit bashing Ford guys.  Get you facts str8 before you go stomping on the bandwagon and wishing they would put more money into good things for str8 people.  Dear Lord that is a dumb comment.
We have Frost, an openly gay guy on here.  He drives a yellow sedan Focus.  Does that make every sedan driving Focus guy on here gay?

Some might think so with your attack of Ford for doing what is economically right for the company.

Is all about the $$$$.
[right][snapback]176252[/snapback][/right]
Here Here. And I really don't care where they put their money that's not something that would stop me from rebuying ford. Hell with the service I've received from my dealership you damn right I'd buy from them again, if they have the car I want at that time.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
meford4u,Mar 21 2006, 08:05 PM Wrote:Funny how those that said boycott Ford went quickly over to Subaru, a company that is prized by homosexual men and a company that openly and aggressively goes after the gay market.
Quit bashing Ford guys.  Get you facts str8 before you go stomping on the bandwagon and wishing they would put more money into good things for str8 people.  Dear Lord that is a dumb comment.
We have Frost, an openly gay guy on here.  He drives a yellow sedan Focus.  Does that make every sedan driving Focus guy on here gay?

Is all about the $$$$.
[right][snapback]176252[/snapback][/right]

Good call Bryan! Your right.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Frost__2001,Mar 21 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:but as a gay male I can break down the typical cars sought after in the gay community by both sexes, this was actually listed this way on gay.com 2 weeks ago.

Subaru Forester - very popular amoung Lesbiens in the collage range
Subaru Legacy Outback - the typical Lesbian family car of choice
Volvo 850 Wagon - Popular amoung gay men with young children
Volvo XC90 SUV - Popular with older gay couples with mature teens in their family
BMW 3 series - the " typical " gay professional car of choice
Ford Mustang Convertible - Very popular for childless gay male couples in their 40's, often a 2nd runner up to the BMW 3 series Cabrio
VW Bettle Cabrio / Coupe - very popular amoung the flamboyant croud
Saturn Ion Series - Popular around the young lesbien collage students
Honda Element - Seen as very Butch in Lesbian circles and versitle in the male circle
Ford Focus Wagon (ZTW) - it's good runner up after the Pricey Subaru option if money is an issue.
[right][snapback]176229[/snapback][/right]

really? that doesn't explain all the jeeps I see around pride parade time. Usually driven by a meticulously groomed cowboy, with the top down and Celine Dion blasting from the stereo.

yes, it couldn't get much more stereotypical than that.

anyhoo.. interesting list... so as I assumed before, if I got a convertible mustang, I guess I'd be getting hit on more.

Too bad it wouldn't be by women....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 22 2006, 09:27 AM Wrote:anyhoo.. interesting list... so as I assumed before, if I got a convertible mustang, I guess I'd be getting hit on more. 

Too bad it wouldn't be by women....
[right][snapback]176291[/snapback][/right]

Phew. At least the Coupe isn't in that list. :)
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I don't see many "gay" people driving the WRX or Impreza RS. Nor do I care. I simply refuse to support a business that actively promotes a lifestyle that differs from my own.

It probably would have been better for all concerned had we not known this.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I guess ford should stop sponsoring bars that cater to single folks as well..

darkpuppet,Mar 22 2006, 11:48 AM Wrote:I guess ford should stop sponsoring bars that cater to single folks as well..
[right][snapback]176310[/snapback][/right]

Good point.
And I guess straight people should have their own loudmouthed advocacy groups and stage parades? They're donating to BUSINESSES at that point, not social special interest groups.

You're twisting this around, but whatever.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
our next g2g will be held a gay bar.... the reservation will be under "Adam"
It's not working.

If they're donating to a gay bar and a straight bar, fine. Those are equal businesses requesting sponsorship.

If they're donating to special interest groups that are out to redefine the meaning of marriage, I have a problem with that.

If Ford isn't doing the latter, I'll be happy to consider a Ford for my next car. If they are, forget it.

NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:And I guess straight people should have their own loudmouthed advocacy groups and stage parades? They're donating to BUSINESSES at that point, not social special interest groups.

You're twisting this around, but whatever.
[right][snapback]176315[/snapback][/right]

If you read any of that AFA site, and followed any of the links, you'd see that the 'businesses' they support and set up are thinly veiled advocacy groups that advocate hate and intolerance.

Ford gives money to businesses and organizations for lots of reasons, about which maybe a single percentage point goes to gay and lesbian groups.

And they're in the business of staying in business, doing business with gay and lesbian groups is not immoral. So what if people don't agree with the lifestyle. it's doing you no harm, and supporting ford isn't bringing down civilization because they support special interest groups.

Ford and other car companies support many other businesses (including the NRA) that are more harmful than a bunch of fashion over-sensed individuals.

I always joke around that we need more advocacy groups and parades for straight white males in the 25-35 year range... but the fact is, we don't need advocacy groups to stand up for our rights.

To say that you don't want to support a group that doesn't support your lifestyle choices is a very obvious sign of intolerance and bigotry. I'm not even going to candy coat it for you. I don't know why you're so intolerant of people who make different choices than yourself.

NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:And I guess straight people should have their own loudmouthed advocacy groups and stage parades?

I'd like to start up the

Males
On
Females
Organization

also known as MOFO. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
p.s. I'm not sure why people feel so threatened by same-sex marriages. Considering that celebrity marriages, common-law marriages, and well, most marriages I've seen recently are a bigger sham.

out of the last 7 weddings I've gone to, only 3 have lasted more than 6 months.

people want to protect the sanctity of marriage, they've already lost the battle if they're only focusing on gays.

Oscar The Grouch,Mar 22 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:And I guess straight people should have their own loudmouthed advocacy groups and stage parades?

I'd like to start up the

Males
On
Females
Organization

also known as MOFO. :lol:
[right][snapback]176321[/snapback][/right]

haha...ok, I'm sold.

darkpuppet,Mar 22 2006, 11:08 AM Wrote:I always joke around that we need more advocacy groups and parades for straight white males in the 25-35 year range... but the fact is, we don't need advocacy groups to stand up for our rights.  

To say that you don't want to support a group that doesn't support your lifestyle choices is a very obvious sign of intolerance and bigotry.  I'm not even going to candy coat it for you.  I don't know why you're so intolerant of people who make different choices than yourself.
[right][snapback]176320[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I wasn't quite clear. I'll attempt to illustrate it a little better for you.

I have gay family members. While I don't "enjoy" the life they lead, I still care for them the same as any other family member. I'll defend them the same as any other family member.

However, there are certain fundamental things about said practices that I do not believe are natural, and as such I don't believe that certain long-standing definitions that are held by a vast majority of the world's population should be changed willy-nilly because a relative handful say so.

So, if I choose not to support a company because they support groups that go against my beliefs in life, that's my personal right... my right to choose who I do and don't patronize with my hard-earned cash.

Call me whatver makes you feel better, but you have no right to tell me that I can't choose. Just as I would never tell anyone who is gay or lesbian who they can or can't be with or what they can or can't do with their life, I don't see what gives you the right to tell me I can't choose not to support Ford.