Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Suggestions On How To Fix This? (pic)
hanserus,Oct 23 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:
malim,Oct 22 2008, 11:54 PM Wrote:Let me ask you something... are you trying to get your posts numbers up ??  :ph34r:

.. don't take it serious
[right][snapback]275099[/snapback][/right]

hey I'm not making rules here I'm just following them lol

btw you have same numbers of posts as me so if you have something to buy and sell I suggest you get busy pronto lol
[right][snapback]275146[/snapback][/right]

malim,Oct 23 2008, 08:20 PM Wrote:OHHHHH I GET IT NOW. I didn't know that you have to have a number of posts to sell... hmm :))
[right][snapback]275169[/snapback][/right]

Yaa I found that a bit werid my self you can quote more than one person at the same time so the 5 or so threads should be just one.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
malim,Oct 23 2008, 11:20 PM Wrote:OHHHHH I GET IT NOW. I didn't know that you have to have a number of posts to sell... hmm :))
[right][snapback]275169[/snapback][/right]

do you think it's because they want to weed out fly-by-hight 1-post scammers? may be, may be not. raise the forum's traffic and profile? definately!
hanserus,Oct 21 2008, 04:28 PM Wrote:I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of this in the most cost-efficient manner

[Image: 2psgbvb.jpg]

P.S. Never give your foci keys to your girlfriend no matter how much she naggs!
[right][snapback]274974[/snapback][/right]

i did that to my car 4 years ago and it was much deeper and worse than urs but a friend of mine fixed up with duplicolor primer and paint and it covered it up very nicely. If i look closely i can see the difference in color but since its way down by the fender it'll look fine when u paint it up.

you can easily do this for about $20-30 bucks.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 16 2008, 02:47 AM Wrote:duplicolor primer and paint

nice! thanks cornflakes. how did he apply these? were they sprayed on or brushed on, do you remember?
i remember he taped off the area that needed to be sanded down and then used SPRAY only (primer and then paint). After that he removed the taped off area and it was clean and tidy....

i ended up sanding and priming and painting my own side view mirror caps and door handles so i know that's its not really hard at all to do and the result is fairly good considering you only spend money on a couple cans of spray.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 18 2008, 01:37 AM Wrote:i remember he taped off the area that needed to be sanded down and then used SPRAY only (primer and then paint).  After that he removed the taped off area and it was clean and tidy.... 

i ended up sanding and priming and painting my own side view mirror caps and door handles so i know that's its not really hard at all to do and the result is fairly good considering you only spend money on a couple cans of spray.
[right][snapback]276683[/snapback][/right]
Excellent article on how to repair plastic bumpers.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Honestly, why spend money on trying to buff it out.. it costs what.. $50 to re-spray a bumper if the paint shop has been already set up to spray a car in the same colour an. Your going to spend $20-30 on brake fluid or rubbing compound or spray paint cans, why not just re-spray at a body shop it and save the agrivation
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Dec 10 2008, 07:40 PM Wrote:Honestly, why spend money on trying to buff it out.. it costs what.. $50 to re-spray a bumper if the paint shop has been already set up to spray a car in the same colour an.  Your going to spend $20-30 on brake fluid or rubbing compound or spray paint cans, why not just re-spray at a body shop it and save the agrivation
[right][snapback]278009[/snapback][/right]

Hey I'll gladly do it at the bodyshop if it makes sense money-wise. If you got any leads for places I could talk to please share their contacts.
hanserus,Dec 11 2008, 10:38 AM Wrote:
paolo,Dec 10 2008, 07:40 PM Wrote:Honestly, why spend money on trying to buff it out.. it costs what.. $50 to re-spray a bumper if the paint shop has been already set up to spray a car in the same colour an.   Your going to spend $20-30 on brake fluid or rubbing compound or spray paint cans, why not just re-spray at a body shop it and save the agrivation
[right][snapback]278009[/snapback][/right]

Hey I'll gladly do it at the bodyshop if it makes sense money-wise. If you got any leads for places I could talk to please share their contacts.
[right][snapback]278045[/snapback][/right]

Give the big M.F. aka. MeFordforU a shout, hes not only a good friend of mine, but has good affiliates with body shops. Give him a Shout if not, try Evans Ford in Etobicoke, talk to the Service Manager, if u want, I can give him a call ahead of time to see if he can still prep the paint boothe
My other ride is your Mom
It will cost more than $50 to spray that.

Most shops will want to paint the whole bumper to ensure they are matching the colors correctly, Minimum your looking at is $100 bones to spray...depends on the shop and its rates.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]