Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Guages
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 17 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:Looks good man, great job.  What paint did you use on the door panels?  I like the colour contrast between the 2 panels.  Are you going to change all the LED's on the dash board switches like me?  I will give you pointers if you need them.

Nice work.
[right][snapback]181625[/snapback][/right]

I used a dupli-colour paint from crappy tire. Dark gray I think is the colour. I had Silver but it was too bright, then I went to Med gray and that was a tad too bright as well. I finally found this colour and it seems to fit in much better, you notice it but it won't jump out and assault your eyes. I'll get you the actual colour when I go home.

As for the LEDs yes I am going to be swapping them all out just like you did. I am going to fix the LCD ODO so it actually is bright at night and change the needles to red. I hope you took notes when you did yours :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
the paint looks good, probly better in person. it seems to look very close to the same as my radio bezel. mines painted a dark greyish silver (stock) and think that paint would match it pretty good.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
nass,Apr 17 2006, 12:25 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 17 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:Looks good man, great job.  What paint did you use on the door panels?  I like the colour contrast between the 2 panels.  Are you going to change all the LED's on the dash board switches like me?  I will give you pointers if you need them.

Nice work.
[right][snapback]181625[/snapback][/right]

I used a dupli-colour paint from crappy tire. Dark gray I think is the colour. I had Silver but it was too bright, then I went to Med gray and that was a tad too bright as well. I finally found this colour and it seems to fit in much better, you notice it but it won't jump out and assault your eyes. I'll get you the actual colour when I go home.

As for the LEDs yes I am going to be swapping them all out just like you did. I am going to fix the LCD ODO so it actually is bright at night and change the needles to red. I hope you took notes when you did yours :)
[right][snapback]181626[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I took pointers. I will be glad to help in anyway I can. You have my MSN now so feel free to chat anytime you want. The change is easier than you think. Just be paitient and have a steady hand. Oh and make sure your iron is hot. Let it warm up for at least 10 minutes.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.