Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A Svt
SVT ZX3,Feb 2 2006, 09:48 AM Wrote:If you live in Windsor you should check out whats available in Detroit as far as SVTs go, I would think you would have a pretty easy time importing it here. You could get an 04 Euro Appearance Package SVT that came with Recaro seats and Bi-Xenon head lights for about $12k USD I believe. The SVTF isn't the fastest car ever made, but it is fun little car, especially if you like auto-x. Don't listen to the sedan driving haters, who are just bitter towards their own Focus and its never ending recalls.....
[right][snapback]168104[/snapback][/right]

And if you ever see a black one, let me know.

That's what I am looking for eventually.

No hurry
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You paint cars...

Buy my POS and paint it black

haha
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 6 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:You paint cars...

Buy my POS and paint it black

haha
[right][snapback]168772[/snapback][/right]

um,no

The whole premis of the SVT was a fackin' joke.

10k extra for bigger air box and a little lower suspension.

Meanwhile EVERY other car maker is building a better product all around us.

What;s wrong with a FI SVT focus out of the box???
ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:The whole premis of the SVT was a fackin' joke.

Umm, okay. I don't know how you figure. Same thing that Honda, VW, Nissan, et all are doing, making perfomance models out of ecno boxes.....

ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:10k extra for bigger air box and a little lower suspension.
Theres more to the SVTF than that, about the only thing the engine shares with the regular zetec is the block, but I do agree with you about the extra 10 grand, I have always said I love mine, but would never (and didn't) pay sticker price on it because the car simply wasn't worth that much money.

ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:Meanwhile EVERY other car maker is building a better product all around us.
I still say the SVTF smokes its intended compitiion (02-04 Civic SiR, 02-04 VW GTI, 02-04 Sentra SE-R)

ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:What;s wrong with a FI SVT focus out of the box???
[right][snapback]168833[/snapback][/right]
Absolutly nothing, and yes, thats the way it should have been!
Haha, if you really wanna get into the differences anthony...

Rims,
Larger Brakes
Suspension...
VCT
Seats
Gages
Transmission
Headers
Exhaust
Body Kit
Dual stage manifold
Factory Audiophile system

it was the sticker shock that threw everybody off the svt... but in reality the base svt model was only 3-4000 more than a well equiped zx5
05 Altima SE-R
wtf...

Dondge, Honda, Mazda, frig...even Chevy has econoboxes that would put the SVT-F to shame. Sure it looks better in & out than most, but true bang for your buck...it can't compare to its competition.

The SVT-F should of had some sort of FI if it wanted to be considered competition to the rest. Or at the very least, 200 ponies NA.

EDIT: If you could get the SVT newish for 3-4K under Ford asking price, then add a JRSC to it, then were talking. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 7 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:wtf...

Dondge, Honda, Mazda, frig...even Chevy has econoboxes that would put the SVT-F to shame.  Sure it looks better in & out than most, but true bang for your buck...it can't compare to its competition.

The SVT-F should of had some sort of FI if it wanted to be considered competition to the rest.  Or at the very least, 200 ponies NA.

EDIT:  If you could get the SVT newish for 3-4K under Ford asking price, then add a JRSC to it, then were talking.  :D
[right][snapback]168857[/snapback][/right]

Who said that I was going to do all that? Big plans with the wife's car. Going to bring across the SVTF Euro ZX3 in black and then beat your ass with NA. Not sure if we'll go JRSC, but I am looking!

Maybe I should be a little nicer to Mitch for the deal he could give me. :lol: :lol:

I think I can get one for around 12-13kUS.

And look far far away Nate. Way down the road. That is me off in the distance taunting you.

Better get some nites*** :lol:

Flofocus,Feb 7 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:wtf...

Dondge, Honda, Mazda, frig...even Chevy has econoboxes that would put the SVT-F to shame.  Sure it looks better in & out than most, but true bang for your buck...it can't compare to its competition.

The SVT-F should of had some sort of FI if it wanted to be considered competition to the rest.  Or at the very least, 200 ponies NA.

EDIT:  If you could get the SVT newish for 3-4K under Ford asking price, then add a JRSC to it, then were talking.  :D

It cant compare to its compeition now though. at the time when it was released. it was set to go against the GTI and the civic SIR. Ford was smart to kill the svt focus in 04. there was no chance for it to compete against the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS... etc

In the end, it doesnt matter to me... I bought my SVT for 20k tax in. which was a pretty good deal over the 04 zx5's on the lot going for 23
05 Altima SE-R
way way way down the road.....

I ain't drivin no Ford. ;) :D
Flofocus,Feb 7 2006, 11:19 AM Wrote:way way way down the road.....

I ain't drivin no Ford.  ;)  :D
[right][snapback]168871[/snapback][/right]

Its sad, i've sworn off fords. But i still want so many...

The only ford i'd see myself driving anytime soon is an 04 SVT Cobra... mmm
05 Altima SE-R
My next car will be a ford, serious best experience with a car yet. Both the focus and the escape have been great cars.

None of them did anything that some other car in the same price point didn't do from another maker. (we are talking bad things, but to be honest not much was ever wrong with the car that I didn't do from abuse)
Next car will be a Ford for sure. Never had one bad thing with it that wasn't self-inflicted.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
scoobasteve,Feb 7 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:But i still want so many...
[right][snapback]168877[/snapback][/right]

Thats my problem....they arent making anything I want...

AWD, Turbo, over 200Hp....

Nothing!!

And I always never really cared for their "trademark car"...the mustang....one of the reasons why i got the focus was to be different, and tune something else than a VW or Honda.

EVERYBODY has a mustang, its not so cool when theyre 4 alone on your street. :rolleyes:
Agreed. But theres still something that compells me to get a 400hp supercharged RWD monster.

there are people pushing 500 RWHP on the stock blower.

or you can upgrade to the kennebell blowzilla. get 700hp on stock internals.

05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Feb 7 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:.....But theres still something that compells me to get a 400hp supercharged RWD monster.

there are people pushing 500 RWHP on the stock blower.

or you can upgrade to the kennebell blowzilla. get 700hp on stock internals.
[right][snapback]168904[/snapback][/right]

I'm with you there, anything you throw at it makes power, its just so easy with those cars. Simple An open K&N filer with heat shield that replaces the air box makes 25hp! How can you argue with that?
I'm biased because of my history with Ford.

I'll never drive (own) another one...mark my words.
Flofocus,Feb 7 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:wtf...

How do you figure, read some of the magazine articles from 02 about the SVT Focus, for the price, it was far superior to the competition. In 2002 of course, buts its funny in the 2005 comparison of the Cobalt SS and The SRT 4 motor trend still mentions the SVT focus setting standards for factory sport compacts. If you were to buy an 02 SIR you were looking at about $27000, a GTI was over 30 and the Sentra was 25g's. The SVT fit right in. In 2002 170hp was more power at par with the rest of the class. In terms of suspension, it outgunned all in the class and most BMW's M cars that year with an almost 70mph slamon speed. Check out the April 2002 MotorTrend for more details.
[Image: 2002comparison.jpg]

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
The kicker was..... Ford released the SVT knowing damn well the SRT 4 and Cobalt were in the works.

They never made any effort to compete in the sport compact market AT ALL!

I just feel bad for all those people who shelled out money for a car that was "out of touch" before they even made their first payment.

I'm not saying they're bad cars either (just wanted to make that clear)
since your in windsor, come up to london and check mine, its for sale. I have a 2002 red svt bought in 03. It is in very good condition and ford just did a complete checkup and changed many parts.

its got rims, short throw shifter and engine mounts. 40 000 kms.

and I want less than the one your looking at.

the undercarriage is still all flat black since I avoid driving on wet slushy days.

PM me if you wanna chat, I'll send you my phone number.

-Frenchy
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold