Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A Svt
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:The kicker was..... Ford released the SVT knowing damn well the SRT 4 and Cobalt were in the works.

They never made any effort to compete in the sport compact market AT ALL!

I just feel bad for all those people who shelled out money for a car that was "out of touch" before they even made their first payment.

I'm not saying they're bad cars either (just wanted to make that clear)
[right][snapback]169057[/snapback][/right]

If thats the case nobody would ever release a car. In 2001 when the SVT was shown at the Chicago Auto show, there was not even talk of the cobalt and the SRT was not even a division of chrysler, they had the ACR models out. The SRT came out in lat 2003 and the Cablt SS did not go to market until spring 2005. How were we out of touch with buying the SVT's, I bought mine in 2004 for $17g's plus tax, at the same time a 2003 SRT4 was $20000 and the cobalt was $30000 plus tax. And trust me after driving all 3 the SRT is much faster on the striaght line, as is th ecobalt, but on the track both cant handle nearly as well. If you base everything on straight line speed then buy a mustang, which if looking a one that is a few years old is the same price!

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Feb 8 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:The kicker was..... Ford released the SVT knowing damn well the SRT 4 and Cobalt were in the works.

I just feel bad for all those people who shelled out money for a car that was "out of touch" before they even made their first payment.

If thats the case nobody would ever release a car. In 2001 when the SVT was shown at the Chicago Auto show, there was not even talk of the cobalt and the SRT was not even a division of chrysler, they had the ACR models out. The SRT came out in lat 2003 and the Cablt SS did not go to market until spring 2005. How were we out of touch with buying the SVT's, I bought mine in 2004 for $17g's plus tax, at the same time a 2003 SRT4 was $20000 and the cobalt was $30000 plus tax. And trust me after driving all 3 the SRT is much faster on the striaght line, as is th ecobalt, but on the track both cant handle nearly as well. If you base everything on straight line speed then buy a mustang, which if looking a one that is a few years old is the same price!

David
[right][snapback]169155[/snapback][/right]

All valid points.

however, buying ab SVT today is nothing more than buying "just another Focus"

nothin' special...sorry.
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 04:02 PM Wrote:

David

All valid points.

nothin' special...sorry.
[right][snapback]169164[/snapback][/right]

not to get personal with you, but how does that change your personal situation of owning "just another green sedan" and a Toyota Tercel?

I think the SVT is miles ahead of what you currently own. And this is your opinion were discussing now.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 8 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:

David

All valid points.

nothin' special...sorry.

not to get personal with you, but how does that change your personal situation of owning "just another green sedan" and a Toyota Tercel?

I think the SVT is miles ahead of what you currently own. And this is your opinion were discussing now.
[right][snapback]169170[/snapback][/right]
]
I never disagreed that the SVT was better than the cars currently in my driveway... F u ck a Lada is better than my current cars.

What I'm stating is that the SVT as it is today in the market is "just another Focus" It no longer stands out from other cars in it's class.

The SVT was a "bitchin' " pocket rocket for all of a few months.

oooh SVT :rolleyes: whoop-dee-doo.
Thanks anthony-D you reminded me why I was gone for 3+ months...

your car suck 100% more than any svt and your opinion is playing like a broken record.

I owned both and the SVT is a world away from your green crap, even with your shinny rims.

Cya in 3 months when I forget once more why im staying far away from here.

so long sucker!
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 8 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:

David

All valid points.

nothin' special...sorry.

[right][snapback]169170[/snapback][/right]
]
I never disagreed that the SVT was better than the cars currently in my driveway... F u ck a Lada is better than my current cars.

What I'm stating is that the SVT as it is today in the market is "just another Focus" It no longer stands out from other cars in it's class.

The SVT was a "bitchin' " pocket rocket for all of a few months.

oooh SVT :rolleyes: whoop-dee-doo.
[right][snapback]169177[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like somebodys got a case of SVT envy...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
french_connection,Feb 8 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:Thanks anthony-D  you reminded me why I was gone for 3+ months...

your car suck 100% more than any svt and your opinion is playing like a broken record.

I owned both and the SVT is a world away from your green crap, even with your shinny rims.

Cya in 3 months when I forget once more why im staying far away from here.

so long sucker!
[right][snapback]169178[/snapback][/right]

pardon me, but your a mod? Make me his replacment on the Quebec forums. It's like my own little hell that I don't understand nor does anyone care to visit. Home Sweet Home.

But in all honesty Anthony, the point is that you sit there and mock what others have but your own cars are not as nice.

This,my friend, is cynical.

And your being called to the mat on your position.

Personally, I do believe the SVT is a better car, to the point my plan is to make it the car we travel back and forth to work in when we move to Guelph. Now that's puttin my money where my mouth is.

See my point?

actualy meford, im gonna stay here.

im not gonna fall into that same game as before, I beleive that is i dont like my surroundings, I have the power to change it.

;)
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
french_connection,Feb 8 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:actualy meford, im gonna stay here.

im not gonna fall into that same game as before, I beleive that is i dont like my surroundings, I have the power to change it.

;)
[right][snapback]169192[/snapback][/right]

glad to hear it. Teach me some more french

ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:All valid points.

nothin' special...sorry.

So then an SRT-4 is just another neon? After driving one I dont think so. I rented a standard issue foci once and it was alright, if there was no SVT, I wouldnt have bought one, I would have went with GM (cav Z24). I would never buy an import so the SVT was the only car that fit my needs and mostly wants. Each of us here are enthusiasts and have great cars all from the Focus line up, cant deny that. Lets enjoy, I really am happy with my car. Never regret it one bit.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
I hate to do this but I have to agree with Anthony. Why is it that every other SVT badged car has some sort of FI? The SVT would be a much better performer if it had some extra ponies. Now with that being said I have to agree with everyone else, the SVT IS a better version of the focus in pretty much every category. The styling of the SVTF isn't overstated and loud which is good cause it doesn't put down the numbers to justify it.

Bottom line, if I had the extra money at the time of purchase I would have gone for the SVT.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
your sitting very pretty on the fence.

and I'll sell you my mom.

check it off your list.

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG oh ya my car is faster then your car hahahaha

but I will sell it to anybody that wants it PM me I want another SRT but an 8 a 300C
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Feb 8 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG  oh ya my car is faster then your car hahahaha

but I will sell it to anybody that wants it PM me I want another SRT but an 8 a 300C
[right][snapback]169221[/snapback][/right]
$100

serious note, what mods? or stock?
kms?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
lowered 2 sets of rubber summer winter aem short air intake motor mounts clear turns blow off valve and I thik some other stuff its a quick car I have pulled hard agaisntr svtf S/c
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
yeah, rub it in... not even half a seconde is not what i call pulling hard...

more like you had a hard time pulling... ;)

cheers mate!
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
DD1,Feb 8 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG  oh ya my car is faster then your car hahahaha

[right][snapback]169221[/snapback][/right]

I'll rough up dad

Opinions... That's all my comments were. Take them for what they're worth.

Last time I checked...opinions were welcomed.

If the SVT was available when I got mine... I probably would have got one.

Is the SVT a better car than my piece of crap green junk mobile with shiny rims? Yes! I never said it wasn't.

Clearly 2 seperate arguments.
You guys got me on one.

The SVT is better than my car (I could have told you that)

Is the SVT obsolete in it's class? I guess the jury is still out.

ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:The whole premis of the SVT was a fackin' joke.

10k extra for bigger air box and a little lower suspension.

Meanwhile EVERY other car maker is building a better product all around us.

What;s wrong with a FI SVT focus out of the box???
[right][snapback]168833[/snapback][/right]

Seems to me that we have changed your opinion then. 2 days ago you wouldn't have bought one for 10k more.

That's the issue here. You think were bashing you. Were fighting against your opinion.

Problem is that it keeps changing.