Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Starter
PROSTART remote unit.

Anyone used this one? It's on special at CT right now, and I'm hoping it works alongside the immobiliser etc on my Focus.

Any input would be great.

Thx.

Scorp
I think you'll need some more hardware to get it to work with theimmobiliser and give up one of your spare keys in order for it to work.

The units are usually cheap but the installation is what is costly if you don't know how to do it yourself.
junk...may as well set-up a chair at canadian tire and hang out cuz you will be there often. We have people complaining about those units all the time at my work. The remotes seem to be commonly defaulting as well. The whole industry is moving away from LCD remotes because they arent as durable as the LED ones. Nor as reliable. HOWEVER thats remote starts. Finnicky items. So you may buy one of these and have no problems with it cuz thats technology. But you will need a bypass module for the factory immobilizer

EDITED* whoops i was thinking of a brand called ONESTART. which isnt just a creative name. Prostart is made by AUTOSTART which is very good ! so go hard:P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Having worked at Crappy Tire for nearly a year and a half, that system sold like crazy whenever sales hit... with little problem related returns. Customers never complained. But... I wouldn't touch that one if I were you. Check out some of the higher priced comparisions... it'll be worth the money in the long run. Check out Directed's offerings.

If your anywhere near Hamilton, my cousin is a Directed dealer and can get most any system from them and/or install them if you wish. He also carries NuStart which is a much cheaper alternative... not too bad neither considering my parents and a couple friends use NuStart systems from my cousin with no problems at all.

Just look around man, you'll be glad you did...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
if u want i can hook u up with an Autostart 2300 2 way LED starter say $180.00 for the unit plus tax of course. its 2500ft, 2 way pager, with coldweather mode and all that fun stuff. Check run time as well. but whatever...
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER