Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pcv Valve?
ok I have the valve cover off and what not not I am looking for this damn PCV valve. I see something on the head that might be the vavle in question, it has some kind of plug attached to it on the outside of the head. The other spot is on the cover itself there seems to be a plastic cover type deal where the PCV hose attaches to the cover I tried prying it out but it won't budge so I will leave it until I find out. If anyone knows please shoot me a quick line, in the mean time I'll go and paint the cover :)

thanks
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
are yu talking about the hose that wont budge? if that is the case yank it out. its just pressure fit. it should come out
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Nov 12 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:are yu talking about the hose that wont budge? if that is the case yank it out. its just pressure fit. it should come out
[right][snapback]155355[/snapback][/right]

actually I was talking about the completly wrong hose/location. I was talking about the breather hose not the actualy PCV valve hose. So I took off the cover for no reason, but atleast now I can dress up the engine bay a bit. As a note I noticed my valve cover bolts were mostly loose and that oil started to leak from this. a goo thing to check next time you're under the hood.

The actualy PCV valve is to the right if the headers there is a hose that comes from the top of it and like you said it just pops off and 5 seconds later you're done. It's a pain in the ass if you have fat or big fingers though :)

I'll post up pics later for those of you that want to do this but don't know where it is or whatever cause it took me a bit to fingure it out myself.

***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Nov 12 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:As a note I noticed my valve cover bolts were mostly loose and that oil started to leak from this. a goo thing to check next time you're under the hood.

I just bought my ZX3 2 days ago (was a repo), and I noticed the burning oil smell. Finally got a chance to dig under the hood today, and I was having the same problem. Oil was leaking from the valve cover, onto the header. I've heard of this a few times.... must be a common thing. They seem like pretty feeble bolts.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Casper,Nov 20 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:
nass,Nov 12 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:As a note I noticed my valve cover bolts were mostly loose and that oil started to leak from this. a goo thing to check next time you're under the hood.

I just bought my ZX3 2 days ago (was a repo), and I noticed the burning oil smell. Finally got a chance to dig under the hood today, and I was having the same problem. Oil was leaking from the valve cover, onto the header. I've heard of this a few times.... must be a common thing. They seem like pretty feeble bolts.
[right][snapback]156772[/snapback][/right]

I've never read about this before but atleast its an easy fix :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check