Poll:
This poll is closed.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested In Xbox 360 Group Buy?
Alrighty... I'm working on something for folks here that may allow us to get Xbox 360's for a slight discount ($20-$50)

Now the only caveat is that stores don't typically get discounts on hardware... zero, nadda, zip... so if I'm able to pull this off, we're going to take non-refundable down payments of $150/ea, so don't post interest if you're not absolutely interested and ready to commit. No money is required right now, but I'll have final arrangements in place by mid-oct at the latest.

Since stores make no money on the hardware itself, I can't guarantee a discount at this time, but if things don't pan out, we'll be working on other group discounts on items like games/movies/etc.

Also, please note that since this is in Ontario, there is PST and GST, and possible shipping costs, so may not be worth it if you're not in Ontario...

But if there's anyone from out of province that can swing us a deal on a discounted buy, PM me, I'll listen ;)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ill hold off votign right now, but what is the expected initial price of 360?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Sep 20 2005, 08:19 AM Wrote:ill hold off votign right now, but what is the expected initial price of 360?
[right][snapback]143295[/snapback][/right]

expected initial price is topping out around $500 Cdn, but not official yet.

Considering that the PS3 beats the XBox 360 on almost every level, I'll wait for the ps3 group buy
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
PS3 group buy has well....
Turbo arrived!
Raine,Sep 20 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:Considering that the PS3 beats the XBox 360 on almost every level, I'll wait for the ps3 group buy
[right][snapback]143327[/snapback][/right]

well, Sony has made some updates to their stats that take the lustre off, and deeper analysis show that Sony and Microsoft are on a much more even ground than people are lead to believe.

Infact, chances are pretty good that the xbox is going to be a lot more impressive out of the box than the PS3.... I'd be surprised if PS3 took the crown as easily as the paper briefs lead you to believe.

any idea on waht the shipping costs might be even in ontario? these could negate the savings with the GB if it has to be shipped.

i guess it depends on how much money will be saved with the GB.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
How has PS3 been scaled back? Just checked playstation's site... still miles ahead of the 360

Just as far as general specs go:

Xbox 360:
3 symmetrical cores @ 3.2 GHz each

PS3:
7 @ 3.2 each

Xbox:
1 Teraflop floating point performance

PS3:
1.8 Teraflops (down from the original 2.18)

Xbox:
Support for CD, MP3/WMA, Photo CD's and Progressive Scan DVD.. plus select original xbox games

PS3:
All of the above plus: PS1 games, PS2 Games, and Blu-Ray Discs (including burnt blu-ray)

Xbox:
Can connect to other xbox's via xbox live, or wirelessly with wifi. Supports up to 4 wireless controllers

PS3:
Can connect to other PS3's via bluetooth, as well as PSP's via wifi. Supports up to 7 wireless controllers.

etc etc etc
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
i seriously doupt you can get a group buy on these.. theres no advantage to the store..

i remember back when the ps2 came out at futureshop (i worked there), we would actually sell them with a loss.. its just because everyone else had it so they needed to have it too.. brings customers to the store and gets them to buy accessories and games etc..

not sure if its the same case here but they probably aren't making anlot on those
ZX3T gone..
^^-- you're right. the store makes practically nothing... but that's why it's more likely if people can wait.. this guy will source the xboxes from other suppliers as need be.

Hell, he's been known to raid walmart for their entire stock of psp's and ps2's to meet his own customer's demands.

That's why this is something we're still looking into, I just need to gauge interest.

Retail at my work is stated for $499. My staff discount isn't very exciting, so I can't see how he can have a legit Group Buy discount.
Theres 2 bundles (this from ebgames working friend) ..
399 (core package) and 499 (full package) retail. Canadian prices.

And ps3 is still the MUCH better system power wise... BUT .... its upto the coders to actually do something about it that makes it seem better then xbox. This is whats going to take the time, and without it they are essentially pretty close... hence why I think darkpuppet made his comment.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Im a playstation man.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Playstation man also...
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
let me take a look at some of these numbers...

Raine,Sep 20 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:How has PS3 been scaled back? Just checked playstation's site... still miles ahead of the 360

Just as far as general specs go:

Xbox 360:
3 symmetrical cores @ 3.2 GHz each

PS3:
7 @ 3.2 each

xbox runs 3 highly scalar, out of order processing units (like 3 fully functional computers).  The PS3 runs 1 scalar processor, and 6 non-piped, in-order-execution units... 1 lightweight processor + 6 calculators.

Xbox:
1 Teraflop floating point performance

PS3:
1.8 Teraflops (down from the original 2.18)

both numbers don't take into account the components that would result in the lowest common denominator performance...  in this case the PS3 may clock in as low as .9 Teraflops, while it's quite likely the xbox will meet it's 1 teraflop real world performance.

Xbox:
Support for CD, MP3/WMA, Photo CD's and Progressive Scan DVD.. plus select original xbox games

PS3:
All of the above plus: PS1 games, PS2 Games, and Blu-Ray Discs (including burnt blu-ray)

both are backwards compatible--yay... less impressive in reality than in person.  and the battle between blu-ray and hi def DVD hasn't been fought yet, so you may have a more expensive betamax... not to mention that it adds $100 onto the cost of production per unit.

Xbox:
Can connect to other xbox's via xbox live, or wirelessly with wifi. Supports up to 4 wireless controllers

PS3:
Can connect to other PS3's via bluetooth, as well as PSP's via wifi. Supports up to 7 wireless controllers.

PS3 does not have an established online community, xbox has proven it knows how to do online play.  Sony has removed the gigabit router functionality already, so there goes another portion of their wizbang broadband plans

etc etc etc
[right][snapback]143358[/snapback][/right]

the PS3 has a lot of great technology in it, but it's still all unproven technology.... like the PS2 did the same thing, promised a lot, delivered half of it... while the xbox is banking on proven technology, with the only exception being the videocard....

like I said, the race is going to be a lot closer than we all think... and because both companies are working on comoditized gaming, the one who can cater best to the hardcore core demographic will come out on top.

Seems Nintendo is the only one building new innovation at this point, and in the long run, they may be the only ones able to make a substantial profit regardless of what place they sit on the podium.

Go NES!

2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
WHY can't they just give us what they promise? and what we all want.... a killer console. they say this and give us less in the end

*edit* PS 3 for me
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Let me know what pans out on this I'm interested in picking one up, like always I will buy all the systems that are out there sooner or later.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Until someone intruduces something better than GT4, I'll stick with Sony. B)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I'm going to close this offer tomorrow... doesn't look like I'm going to make the numbers I needed..