Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Wierd - Parking Lot Causes Hard Start
I've never heard of this before ... does this not open up a whole new realm of possibilities in terms of diagnosing driveability concerns?

TSB 06-20-9 (Supersedes SSM: 19300), OASIS Service Codes: 603300, 698298
2006-2007 Fusion 2.3L - Intermittent Crank-No-Start with Various DTCs Stored In Memory

Some 2006-2007 Fusion vehicles built with a 2.3L engine and built before 9/28/2006 may exhibit an intermittent crank no start along with a Passive Anti Theft System (PATS) light flashing during cranking and various codes stored in memory.

The root cause has been found to be related to radio interference related to a shopping cart antitheft device installed at some 99 cent or Dollar store parking lots in the state of California.

To resolve the customer concern, reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 45.5 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2006.9 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at ww.motorcraft.com. REFER TO THE TSB FOR COMPLETE SERVICE REPAIR AND PART INFORMATION.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
pwned by a shopping cart! :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
and a lot of shopping centres in my area are adding those carts that lock up when they lose the radio signal :huh:

That'd be the ultimate burn. Everyone who goes to shop there, ends up STAYING there forever! :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 17 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:and a lot of shopping centres in my area are adding those carts that lock up when they lose the radio signal :huh:

That'd be the ultimate burn.  Everyone who goes to shop there, ends up STAYING there forever! :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]212006[/snapback][/right]

I'm all for it.

as I was watching out the cafeteria window as some idiot shoppers disposed of their broken umbrella and shopping cart, and I watched helplessly as the slope and wind pushed the cart towards my unsuspecting car.

Thankfully there was a big puddle and curbing to slow the cart's progress. The fully open (but bent) umbrella went bouncing off of cars in the opposite direction as it caught the wind.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well thankfully the cart didn't hit your car.

This is just another sign of the way things are going to start going i think. As more and more things begin to incorporate electronics into them, the interferrence with other things will also occur. Unfortunately even if you test your product to make sure it isn't affected by other electronic devices, new devices are always coming out that could affect it.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

darkpuppet,Oct 17 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 17 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:and a lot of shopping centres in my area are adding those carts that lock up when they lose the radio signal :huh:

That'd be the ultimate burn.  Everyone who goes to shop there, ends up STAYING there forever! :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]212006[/snapback][/right]

I'm all for it.

as I was watching out the cafeteria window as some idiot shoppers disposed of their broken umbrella and shopping cart, and I watched helplessly as the slope and wind pushed the cart towards my unsuspecting car.

Thankfully there was a big puddle and curbing to slow the cart's progress. The fully open (but bent) umbrella went bouncing off of cars in the opposite direction as it caught the wind.
[right][snapback]212011[/snapback][/right]

Hey you don't see me disagreeing DP. One of the biggest problems we have is idiots who drag their shopping carts home with them with their grocerices and then leave the things littered all over the property and then the buildings staff have to deal with it <_<

Now the local Real Canadian Superstore installed that system last month and the carts we used to have all over the property from there dissapeared. Now if only the Shoppers Drug Mart across from my building would get getserious in dealing with these morons :rolleyes:

As for carts heading twoards your car, dude parking in a disabled parking spot is like painting a giant "HIT ME" sign on your car :ph34r: I've had to take one for the car on occassion when its windy enough :D

NefCanuck
I routinely park higher up in the parking garage at the mall simply because carts are evil and travel in packs (thanks to their lazy-ass owners). Thankfully they're also lethargic and never make it past the second level. :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.