Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toy Just Came In
Steve...here is what i found on the AEM Website:

Quote:Question
Can I change the sensor’s connector?

Answer
No. There is a laser etched calibration resistor in the sensor’s connector body. This resistor is specifically created for the exact sensor that it is attached to. Modifying this will invalidate the sensor’s output.

So, I called AEM about their regular UEGO and that won't work for my application. :(

I think I may break down and get the Gauge type AEM.

It's either I get this, or Anna spends 3-400$ on tuning. I'm sure I can tune myself on the street, it will just take time and someone to help.

I'm curious, I thought TAG had a Dynojet? Do they have software to "load" the dyno? Jeff at Dynopower said he had that just never used it.

Quick other question, I want AFR reading..not Lambda right?
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2004, 03:47 PM Wrote:Quick other question, I want AFR reading..not Lambda right?
yes, afr, not lambda...

lambda will give you ratio of stoichiometric.. which is handy if you want to switch between ethanol and gas..and don't mind doing the math

on a side note, there is a screw on the back that allows you to change the callibration of the meter.. from afr/lambda/narroeband O2 readings... just can't change the labels on the guage face.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

SWEET.

I'll be ordering from my trusted local Canadian supplier who can get it for me tomorrow.. :)

And of course I mean PI. And of course I don't have to bend over and take it up the ass by UPS. :D

WOOT!

:ph34r:
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2004, 04:04 PM Wrote:SWEET.

I'll be ordering from my trusted local Canadian supplier who can get it for me tomorrow.. :)

And of course I mean PI. And of course I don't have to bend over and take it up the ass by UPS. :D

WOOT!

:ph34r:
interesting... when I call them up a couple week's ago, I was quoted 4 weeks to 8 weeks.... so I ordered from the states, and got it in a week.. .for $40 extra, I could have gotten overnight, but I'm sure the little guy didn't mind the scenic drive from california to my doorstep :P

in PI's defense, focused said they could get it in sooner than 4 weeks, but I had already ordered from the states at that point.

I hope they got you a good deal on it :P.. I wouldn't mind buying from canadian suppliers more if everything didn't take "4-8 weeks" to come in when I ask about availability.

Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2004, 03:43 PM Wrote:Steve...here is what i found on the AEM Website:

Answer
No. There is a laser etched calibration resistor in the sensor’s connector body. This resistor is specifically created for the exact sensor that it is attached to. Modifying this will invalidate the sensor’s output.
Yeah, the connector on the sensor is part of the sensor.. but I'm pretty sure that's part of the Bosch part, and not an AEM exclusive. Since the output is the 0-5 volt standard of wideband O2s.

The UEGO alone wouldn't work with your application because you don't have a bosch type wideband O2 connector on the car (or an ECU that can read in wideband values).

If I interpret it right, the UEGO is the bosch O2 sensor itself. the controller is either a little black box or guage (like what I have) that controls the O2 sensor to get useable readings from it. I get the feeling AEM sort of glosses over the differentiation to ensure people don't find cheaper ways to replace the sensor when it goes.. (this is just conjecture at this moment).

lol

They don't have the black face black surround gauge, but they do have all the other options which is fine by me. :)

And I always get a sick deal from Anthony....it might have to do with me having a business...and me spending LOTS...LOTS of money at PI. :)

Jay
darkpuppet,Jun 22 2004, 04:17 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2004, 03:43 PM Wrote:Steve...here is what i found on the AEM Website:

Answer
Yeah, the connector on the sensor is part of the sensor.. but I'm pretty sure that's part of the Bosch part, and not an AEM exclusive. Since the output is the 0-5 volt standard of wideband O2s.

The UEGO alone wouldn't work with your application because you don't have a bosch type wideband O2 connector on the car (or an ECU that can read in wideband values).

If I interpret it right, the UEGO is the bosch O2 sensor itself. the controller is either a little black box or guage (like what I have) that controls the O2 sensor to get useable readings from it. I get the feeling AEM sort of glosses over the differentiation to ensure people don't find cheaper ways to replace the sensor when it goes.. (this is just conjecture at this moment).
We'll ahve to see, since I think most people on Honda Tech have tried and mention they can't get a replacement sensor other then AEM.

:blink:
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2004, 04:17 PM Wrote:lol

They don't have the black face black surround gauge, but they do have all the other options which is fine by me. :)

would have been nice to know two weeks ago! ^_^

Quote:And I always get a sick deal from Anthony....it might have to do with me having a business...and me spending LOTS...LOTS of money at PI. :)

Jay

yeah, I'm just getting started :P.. but unfortunately, I go with the most accessible options out there, which to date hasn't meant much business for them.

guess I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't

it's funny...

I have some guys that we have EVERYTHING they want in stock...or next day sort of thing...

then I have other guys where everything they want i just don't happen to have...and that's the way their luck goes....

funny though...we are canada's largest stocking retailer for performance parts....can't win 'em all though

it's really weird like that...unfortunatly puppet has had the latter of the luck :(

but as always i appreciate everyones business from here, and don't mind checking prices/availability on anything! :THUMBSUP:
Focused,Jun 22 2004, 11:37 AM Wrote:I have some guys that we have EVERYTHING they want in stock...or next day sort of thing...

then I have other guys where everything they want i just don't happen to have...and that's the way their luck goes....

funny though...we are canada's largest stocking retailer for performance parts....can't win 'em all though

it's really weird like that...unfortunatly puppet has had the latter of the luck :(

but as always i appreciate everyones business from here, and don't mind checking prices/availability on anything! :THUMBSUP:
speaking of waiting for parts.......

any word on my real silencer yet? :)
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Stap Boy,Jun 22 2004, 11:46 AM Wrote:
Focused,Jun 22 2004, 11:37 AM Wrote:I have some guys that we have EVERYTHING they want in stock...or next day sort of thing...

but as always i appreciate everyones business from here, and don't mind checking prices/availability on anything!  :THUMBSUP:
speaking of waiting for parts.......

any word on my real silencer yet? :)

your CC got declined........j/k

check your PM
What's the difference between the dual channel and the single channel (their words)? My local supply shop said their were the two choices and the prices were 452.87 for the single and 671 for the dual? :blink:
ZX3 Canuck,Jun 22 2004, 06:10 PM Wrote:What's the difference between the dual channel and the single channel (their words)? My local supply shop said their were the two choices and the prices were 452.87 for the single and 671 for the dual? :blink:
To my understanding....that's for the regular UEGO which is only good if you have a standalone as it doesn't have a digital read out.

The Gauge one doesn't have a dual channel as far as I can see. :)
The rest of my parts just came in :

<a href='http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v246/darkpuppet/boost_tstat.jpg'>[Image: boost_tstat.jpg]</a>

gonna be a very busy weekend :)

that's like 1 hour's work right there..;)
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 25 2004, 02:58 PM Wrote:that's like 1 hour's work right there..;)
well, I'm going to clean up the engine bay a bit, repaint all the crap they screwed up , tie down the wiring properly (clean up that ball of electrical tape and positive leads), and fix up the tune a little as well.

so yeah, it's gonna be a bit of a busy weekend :P

that, and I'm a noob, and have no idea how to install all this crap.. I'll get it all in sooner or later, but spend a lot of time doing my impression of The Thinker.

not sure where I put my ford shop manuals, anyone have a link to a quick tutorial of doing the tstat? I just need to know where it's located really.

I got to play with one of the AEM gauges a couple days ago while helping a buddy tune the boost on his VR6 turbo. Fun little gauge, just wish it went lower than a reading of 11.
ZX3 Canuck,Jun 25 2004, 06:50 PM Wrote:I got to play with one of the AEM gauges a couple days ago while helping a buddy tune the boost on his VR6 turbo. Fun little gauge, just wish it went lower than a reading of 11.
so even the segmented display doesn't show anything below 11? hmm...

I guess I'm sorta lucky then, 'cause my tune doesn't drop quite THAT low...

Nope, after 11.0 it just reads --- on the display.