Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Car Transformation nearly complete
Well ... it's been a long seven months since I bought the red ZX5, but except for the tuning, the transformation is complete ... here's what I've done:

Jackson Racing Supercharger with Big Blower Kit with new, modified idler pulleys and 103" serpentine belt
42 lb injectors
SVT header and exhaust
Gates "blue" Racing timing belt
Motorcraft copper plugs - 1 step colder
F-150 Lightning IAT sensor relocated
SVT brakes
SVT suspension
Torsen T2 LSD
Spec stage 2 clutch
2010 rear lower control arms
24mm rear sway bar
Moog endlinks front and rear
SVT 5-spoke rims with Falken Azenis
AEM water temp, oil temp, and boost gauges
AEM UEGO wideband a/f gauge
AEM water / meth injection system with variable flow controller
New master and slave clutch cylinders
New water pump
New battery
New timing belt idler pulleys and tensioner
Replaced tranny fluid with Ford Honey

I did not however replace the dirt and grime that was under the hood ... LOL ran out of energy for that

[Image: P1000480.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
looks great!

Let me know if you want some help shining that puppy up.
how come you stuck with the stock intake?
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Ken looks good. I was hoping to see you tomorrow but I guess next time.
Where are you going for tuning?

Are the back seats out? What kind of alignment specs are you running for track?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
where did you finally mount the wideband sensor?
(06-27-2010, 02:06 AM)hardk0re Wrote: where did you finally mount the wideband sensor?

Using the SVT header made the wideband sensor easier ... I put the bung right at the end of the header (had to cut a bit of the separator plate ... that gave me the right distance from the block and it is amazingly easy to get to, if and when I need to change it. I kept both stock O2 sensors, but of course had to do the EGR delete. Thanks again for the SVT cat - made the SVT header doable and affordable.

Nik ... it is running really lean so I dare not push it on the track until I get a proper tune. Having said that ... the "mail order" tune Pat at Steeda gave me has the car idling and running fine ... just need to dyno tune for safety and power now, and that happens this week. But this year for sure I'll see you at the track ... I'm also missing a BMW meet this weekend at Shannonville.

Mike ... that actually is a stock SVT intake that comes with the big blower kit ... under hood temps are problematic with JRSC and they say this is the best solution ... frankly, it came with the JRSC and I didn't want to stretch the budget further for a true CAI ... the shorty ones apparently create additional problems with IATs - especially with extended WOT such as at the track.

Anthony ... thanks for the generous offer - I hope someday to take you up on it ... it sure is in need of some TLC in that department.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Looking good Ken and good luck with it all.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
(06-27-2010, 03:01 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(06-27-2010, 02:06 AM)hardk0re Wrote: where did you finally mount the wideband sensor?

Mike ... that actually is a stock SVT intake that comes with the big blower kit ... under hood temps are problematic with JRSC and they say this is the best solution ... frankly, it came with the JRSC and I didn't want to stretch the budget further for a true CAI ... the shorty ones apparently create additional problems with IATs - especially with extended WOT such as at the track.

I believe Oscar Jackson actually shown that the SVT air box worked best. I don't see the SVT snorkel, however?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
that's a nice lookin' setup...

are you going to consider a vented hood? might help manage your underhood temps and IATs. As well as a lower temp thermostat..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

-whistles- Dang, when you set out to create a track monster you don't mess around...

NefCanuck
Lookin gooood...... Are you bringing it out tomorrow night for everyone to have a go at her???? I wouldn't mind having a closer look/ride.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
(06-28-2010, 02:13 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Lookin gooood...... Are you bringing it out tomorrow night for everyone to have a go at her???? I wouldn't mind having a closer look/ride.

That's the plan ... still pretty messy inside - haven't put back any of the panels yet or had vacuumed it etc ... as for ride ... maybe ... it's running pretty lean according to the wideband, so it might be premature for rides.