Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suspension help
hey guys i bought sport lines today and was wondering how long roughly it takes to install the rears...i cant do the fronts right now as i dont have a spring compressor here...just wanna no how easy/hard it is to do in a drive way with air tools and a jack lol

thanks
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
i just got my sport lines installed at a shop last week and it was like 1.4h labor charge for all 4 if that helps any.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
unbolt the rear shock and sway bar link, get a buddy to pull on the rear knucle while you pull down on the spring. Its gonna be an SOB, but it should take about an hour with basic hand tools and elbow grease
ah alright ill try the shock next time .. dunno if i can get a air impact gun in there tho its a tight fight next to the brakes..plus rusted to s**t......funny you say sway bar links cause i just put prothane ones in tonight so i know those bolts will come out nice lmao
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
lets just say its been since March from when i gave up on the rear lol. good luck. i'm waiting for rear adj LCAs
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

if it all unbolts smoothly with no rust and seizing issues it can take as little as 20 minutes per side.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
yea pure rust and seizing lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
when i did my zx3 i got the rear springs out with out undoing any bolts lol it was hard and we had to use a cobbled spring compressor but it worked.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
I put the heat and impact on one bolt holding the front strut in place... spent all afternoon and got no-where. 20mins, 1 hour times? Real time: 1-2 days LOL! I'm thinking about cranking my compressor past it's recommended max, hoping the tank doesn't blow.. maybe that will help? Someone suggest a different impact gun, as some don't work as well as others, and mine was pretty cheap.
Just checking out the Kanata Ford's SVT suspension package... they also have a nice instruction sheet one can download for the package, including torque specs.

http://kanataford.com/FORDRACINGPARTS/ta...fault.aspx

$305? Maybe this would be a worthwhile upgrade.
(07-17-2010, 11:37 PM)moon111 Wrote: I put the heat and impact on one bolt holding the front strut in place... spent all afternoon and got no-where. 20mins, 1 hour times? Real time: 1-2 days LOL! I'm thinking about cranking my compressor past it's recommended max, hoping the tank doesn't blow.. maybe that will help? Someone suggest a different impact gun, as some don't work as well as others, and mine was pretty cheap.
the tank will hold far more than you'll ever use on an impact gun, turning up the psi won't help a whole lot, if the guns maxed out for torque then the extra psi is just useless stress on the parts. mastercraft's impact wrench is a nice piece (not that expensive either for what you get), maxes out at like 450ft/lbs IIRC.

while i was swapping the rear susp in my car, the passenger side took me a good hour as the bolt that is at the bottom of the LCA was rusted inside the sleeve. sprayed "knocker-loose" and was going at it with the impact wrench till it broke free.

the driver side however for some reason was practically mint, i swapped out the spring and shock in 20minutes or less. same goes for when i did the fronts, passenger side was a total PITA lol.
yea i sprayed wd-40 on the bottom lca bolt and went at with the impact wrench hoping it would break it free did that for 5 minutes and got no where.....i also tried both kinds of spring compressers today and neither of them would work for me ...so i have given up and ill just get my shop to put them in on monday or tuesday....i dont trust myself enough to do the fronts...well i do but i dont trust a bolt not snapping lol

well im at it i might get them to do my prothne total kit aswell well see about that tho as i heard thats a huge pain in the ass and very expensive
Instagram @o_so_slo
i found the fronts to be a lot easier actually. its 3 top bolts and 1 bottom bolt lol.
(07-18-2010, 10:45 AM)Spinal Wrote: i found the fronts to be a lot easier actually. its 3 top bolts and 1 bottom bolt lol.

"1 bottom bolt" ... sounds pretty innocent when you say it like that. LOL.
I'm thinking about buying an SVT kit and paying someone to put it in. Maybe I should go out and spray WD-40 every day on the bolts and let it constantly try penetrate. Amazing how a 'rust-free' car can have so many bolts that won't break loose.
well got the springs installed today with no issues when you have an air gun that is 1500ft/lbs of tourque lol car sits about an inch lower then what it already was and will prolly still drop a bit more once it settles.....so easy to do if you have the right tools and a lift lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
Sorry about posting the $305 SVT suspension at Kanata Ford. Obviously they haven't heard about laws and penalties about posting incorrect prices. They're linking to the U.S. and the price they're asking definitely isn't worth it