Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing mildew from rubber roof strip
I've got mildew or similar on the two rubber roof strips on the roof, any ideas as how to remove it? Simple scrubbing doesn't get it done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
[Image: rubberstrip1.jpg]
[Image: rubberstrip.jpg]
not sure how to remove, try Goop b' gone. Got in from crappy tire. I would just clean it and Plastidip it black.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
try soap and water and an abrasive brush. just be careful not to scratch the paint
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-26-2013, 04:09 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: try soap and water and an abrasive brush. just be careful not to scratch the paint

I've tried that with one of those Scotchbrite pads. Didn't really help that much.
Are you positive that is mildew? It looks like the plastic is breaking down and the spots you see are different compounds in the plastic breaking through the painted finish.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
googone. or windex. let windex sit on there for a bit then try wiping it off.works for most stuff, Thats how you get tint off windows. lol
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
do what i did remove them lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
^^ that also works very well. I did the same in the summer time when I prepped my car for paint and they come off in a couple seconds lol they're just glued on.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I guess I'll try a couple of your suggestions, what have I got to lose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing Roof Rack excalibur 4 1,669 05-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Last Post: excalibur