Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear door latch busted
Is there any way to fix this? The mechanism doesn't catch when the door closes, even if I try to do it with a screwdriver.

Formula Ford in Pickering wants $240+tax for the bloody part alone, and it's not in stock.

I already checked, and my car isn't under the recall on the rear latch problem.

When I replaced the passenger side a couple of years ago, it was $200 including labor in NY. Grr.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
not sure where you are located but kenny u-pull has them. probably 5$ out the door
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I'm in Ajax, but a trip down there would be worth the trip to save a couple hundred bucks.
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
ya youll just have to do all the work of take it all apart and such so bring your own tools.. but like you said its worth it for saving that amount of cash
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Heading down there Saturday morning. Thanks for the heads up on this place!
--
Team PITA
no problem!
Instagram @o_so_slo
Is Kennedy u pull right by the skyway bridge ? I was cruising on that road beside and I seen what looked to be a junkyard never even knew there was one there. Damn auto correct lol ^ Kenny
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
yep thats it!!
Instagram @o_so_slo
Just got back, and I have to say that is the cleanest junkyard I've ever been to.

Found one 05-07 (didn't look at the exact year), and got the assembly out. Wish I would have looked to see what transmission was in it though.

$6 and 3 hours of my time was definitely worth it.
--
Team PITA
Glad you got your part!! I live that junk yard. So organized

If you got it from the blue focus with all the front end damage. It's an auto
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Busted rear shock on '07 ST... Gravter 3 2,840 08-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Father Can Not Open His Rear Drivers Door (zx4) ZX3guy2000 12 3,047 05-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Last Post: ZX3guy2000