Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Restore
Any one ever used "Restore" engine oil. Suppose to add it with an oil change to help with compression and fine scratches in cylinder the walls, lifters and rings. stuff of that nature.

Any one ever use it or hear any thing good/bad.

I hear what I hear at work but most of the people in there done really know what there talkin about.
2000 ZX3
When I had my 1990 Tempest, i used to put in this stuff called STP engine treatment. It was in a blue bottle and the contents were thick like molasses. I find that the only thing it did was quiet down the engine. Other than that, no differences.

IMO, if your car is leaking little or no oil, give it a shot. If it doesn't improve or get worse, a cylinder boring or cylinder head repair might be in order.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 21 2007, 10:56 PM Wrote:When I had my 1990 Tempest, i used to put in this stuff called STP engine treatment.  It was in a blue bottle and the contents were thick like molasses.  I find that the only thing it did was quiet down the engine.  Other than that, no differences.

IMO, if your car is leaking little or no oil, give it a shot.  If it doesn't improve or get worse, a cylinder boring or cylinder head repair might be in order.
[right][snapback]231507[/snapback][/right]

Well basicly the car idles a little ruff. I have done everything I can think of to correct it.
Even had a compression test run to make sure I didnt have a bad valve.
From the stuff ive had to do to the car I think that the car was lacking in normal repairs. IE spark plugs, fuel filter, stuff like that so I think I might just have an excess of carbon build up in the engine. I was told this should help out but I just wonder how much?

And no. No oil leak
2000 ZX3
Whats weird is... I just did my header and for some reason my Idle has improved. You would be surprised how restrictive stock exhaust is.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
Yeah it reduces the amount of engine shake under idle.

However, when my dad decided to do a full engine checkup, we found out that the motor mounts were worn bad. Once that was done, it fixed the problem.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I heard decent things about slick 50 cleanin gunk and stuff
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
tought idle?

well aside fomr the fuel filter spark plugs and air filter...

it could be the IAC or you have a vacum leak after the maf and it's leaning out and studering
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
SmokeBCBuDZ,Mar 22 2007, 12:47 AM Wrote:Whats weird is... I just did my header and for some reason my Idle has improved. You would be surprised how restrictive stock exhaust is.
[right][snapback]231511[/snapback][/right]

Well if your just got your header done and its improved your idle then you had a valve problem before.

As for vacuum leaks I dont think I have any. All the standered repairs are done.

Ill toss that stuff in and get back.
2000 ZX3