Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlop Graspix
Can you all please share what you known about the Dunlop Graspix snow/ice tire? The good, the bad, and the ugly? I had them priced out for me, and I want to know if they are a decent buy.
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
A friend of mine had them put on his ZX3 a few years ago. He said they were night and day over his all season bridgestones. Judging by the tread design the many sipes will be very beneficial in the snow and slush. The tread is soft though so they may wear out quicker than other tires, but at least you know you will be safe.
Dunlop Graspic

price:fair(check walmart before you buy I got a set (185 60 14) with steel rims for 500$ two years ago)

Performance: in snow they are very good and also in rain, but traction in ice is fair.

Wear: good ( use them only for winter the compound is too soft for hot weather)

Noise: a bit loud for highway speed.

Performance (dry): good but handling is bit off from the stock Pireelli P6 , like steering response due to the soft sidewall in winter tire desgin.

Overall: good tire B)
I'd get the Bridgestone Blizzak LM18's for your car. Had them on the Focus, and they kicked serious azz in light snow, deep snow, bare roads, rain, etc. They are often found for reasonable deals like I did, and certainly worth every cent.

I still feel that Blizzaks are still the benchmark for winter tires...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Have them on my zx3, seem to be a good tire. At sams club for 15/195/60 I paid 211 for two installed with tax. They are a good bang for the buck.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blizzaks are the best snow tires out there, I know because I'm in the business.......
blizzak revo1.

DO IT DO IT
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
I find the blizzaks wear out waaaaaay tooooo quickly and give a mushy feeling to the steering.
I priced around and found that winter wheels and tires can get expensive. I ended up going to Wal Mart and picked up a set of their Wintermark Magna's with 14" rims for just over $500 installed. I have had to change my driving style but hey if they keep me out of a snow bank thats all that matters right.

One good thing is that the steelies that they installed were genuine Ford rims. The other thing I don't understand is that they will install the tires for free but you have to pay $10.50 to have them balanced. What good is an unbalanced tire? This is a scam in my opinion.

My 2 cents.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Are you still thinking about the Graspics? Wal-Mart has them 25% off currently. They are the DS-1's, and not the DS-2's, so they are last years model. I picked up some for my Sable for $75 + tax each. Not too bad if you ask me.

As far as driving with them, they are so far pretty nice. Although I haven't been able to really try them out yet in snow/ice/sluch yet. :)

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Jan 11 2007, 05:22 AM Wrote:Are you still thinking about the Graspics? Wal-Mart has them 25% off currently. They are the DS-1's, and not the DS-2's, so they are last years model. I picked up some for my Sable for $75 + tax each. Not too bad if you ask me.

As far as driving with them, they are so far pretty nice. Although I haven't been able to really try them out yet in snow/ice/sluch yet. :)

Ryan
[right][snapback]222967[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info. I actually went with the Graspix DS2's this year. So far, really good, however, they're the only snow tires I've had on this car, so my only comparison is the 13" Blizzaks I had on the Tercel... big difference.

Thanks anyways though!
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"