Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hu Crapped Out On Me
so my alpine headunit crapped out on me :angry:

i still get music but i lost my display and ability to use the buttons. which means its totally useless

should i get alpine to fix it and get it back in like 6 months or do i bite the bullet and go indash dvd/nav touch screen? keep in mind ill be dipping into my turbo funds need advice
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
If the face comes off the unit. I would first just try cleaning the pins, and make sure that they are making good contact.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I used to have a Pioneer Premeire HU that crapped out on me, and I had to take it to EHR (where I had bought it) to get the faceplate fixed (buttons were coming off of it because the rubber used would get eaten by the acids in the oils from your fingertips, as well as the amplifier having some blown IC's. They had it about 2 weeks total, and got the unit totally refurbished.

I think Alpine won't take 6 months to fix yours.

Just some thoughts/comments...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
first ill try cleaning the pins i guess

and i hope they dont have to send the hu to china
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

02_svt_guy,Oct 29 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:should i get alpine to fix it and get it back in like 6 months or do i bite the bullet and go indash dvd/nav touch screen? keep in mind ill be dipping into my turbo funds     need advice
[right][snapback]213780[/snapback][/right]

Assuming you can't fix it yourself ............

If you complain bitterly enough to Alpine, they just might give you a big break on something new - assuming you'd go back to Alpine.

Most of these companies have a budget for "good will" and if you aggressively but respectfully play up the fact you'd be on all kinds of boards bad-mouthing Alpine products, they just might take your old unit in as a "trade."

And if Alpine isn't on your new list then maybe make the same approach to the retailer you bought it from.

Just because it's out of warranty doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a longer service life than 30 months.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Oct 29 2006, 07:27 PM Wrote:
02_svt_guy,Oct 29 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:should i get alpine to fix it and get it back in like 6 months or do i bite the bullet and go indash dvd/nav touch screen? keep in mind ill be dipping into my turbo funds     need advice
[right][snapback]213780[/snapback][/right]

Assuming you can't fix it yourself ............

If you complain bitterly enough to Alpine, they just might give you a big break on something new - assuming you'd go back to Alpine.

Most of these companies have a budget for "good will" and if you aggressively but respectfully play up the fact you'd be on all kinds of boards bad-mouthing Alpine products, they just might take your old unit in as a "trade."

And if Alpine isn't on your new list then maybe make the same approach to the retailer you bought it from.

Just because it's out of warranty doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a longer service life than 30 months.
[right][snapback]213804[/snapback][/right]

True.

I did this with Kenwood years ago with a multi-disc CD player.

Not only did they replace the unit, they gave me a model up and the NEWER model.
interesting... i might just get in contact with them cause i spent enough coin on my alpine gear which is now useless cause i have nothin to run it

maybe they will compromise who knows

worth a shot

p.s. its a cda-9855 cd/mp3/glidetouch digital display high end h/u was like 600$ new tons of eq features including ipersonalize
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

I got the unit down from that, nice deck.
Dan