Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Exhaust Installed
Had the new tail pipe put on and the resonator removed.
Its super loud now so Ive ordered a smaller aftermarket resonator.

[Image: extwo.jpg]

[Image: Exone.jpg]

[Image: exthree.jpg]

[Image: exfour.jpg]

I think its looks alright though.
2000 ZX3
Not Bad, it sticks down/out too much for my taste though.

Best looking Focus exhausts have the muffler under the car and just piping and a tip that go to the back.
^^^^^i agree

p.s. i like the lights i got the same ones on my c-dan
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I like the look of that system but that muffler is hanging awfully low for my taste (Around here I can think of more than a few places that would cause damage to the muffler in that position :ph34r: )

Is the system even loud at idle or is it only when you stand on it? (The MBRP I have is unobtrusive until around 3K, when combined with the CAI, it says "Outta the way fo'"

NefCanuck
I like the look of muffler under the car, and tip about the size of the piping. The cone or flare sort of deal at the end of the muffler only seems to make it louder.

I think maybe if it were less sticking out I would like it much more....nefcanuck knows about exhausts sticking out :)
hardk0re,Jul 20 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:I like the look of muffler under the car, and tip about the size of the piping.  The cone or flare sort of deal at the end of the muffler only seems to make it louder.

I think maybe if it were less sticking out I would like it much more....nefcanuck knows about exhausts sticking out :)
[right][snapback]198205[/snapback][/right]

Oh hell yeah, on my old stock system I had a tip that my father "installed" in a way that made it look like I was giving drivers behind me the finger :D (and made backing up a real challenge in some places lemme tell you) The MBRP fixed all those problems ;)

NefCanuck
By removing the resonator I take it you wanted it louder? Just not as loud as it is now... ?
Yea. I wanted it louder but its just a little to loud at times. So a small resonator will correct the tone and sound.

And as for where it hangs it like it. That and the buy said there isnt anymore room to put it higher... then walked away bitching about kids with there bid damned tail pipes.
2000 ZX3
Honestly I have no opinion on it, if it dose not sound like a fart pipe on a civic then I say all the better for you in the long run. Plus I hate those tails they look so stupid on a sedan.... no offence.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Jul 20 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:Honestly I have no opinion on it, if it dose not sound like a fart pipe on a civic then I say all the better for you in the long run. Plus I hate those tails they look so stupid on a sedan.... no offence.
[right][snapback]198218[/snapback][/right]

No offence taken. Every one has there own idea of what looks good. B)
2000 ZX3
It looks like rice, I hope it doesn't sound like a Honda? I prefer to have it tucked under the car! For performance a catback is the way to go, nice sound! This is jut my 2 cents! ;)
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
It sounds super rice. And it will till I find a tone controller to go in the pipe itself or a small Resonator. Buddie said he cant get one right now. will probibly be a few weeks. Just cant order it for some reason......
Anyone know where to get the tone controller. Usually you get one with the tail pipe for free but this one didnt.
2000 ZX3
Tone controller?
One of these.
Clicky
2000 ZX3
The only thing that will stop the rice is a nice large resonator.
Is there anything like a sport resonator I can get. something that will still sound good.
2000 ZX3
hardk0re,Jul 21 2006, 12:19 PM Wrote:The only thing that will stop the rice is a nice large resonator.
[right][snapback]198373[/snapback][/right]

And a new muffler.
Keep that beast down at the BBQ would you?

You were loud enough at the last one. :rolleyes:
if i dont install a cat by the bbq, ill compete for the loudest/most annoying award!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Really... All I had last year was tip.... You must be thinking of some one eles.
And as for most annoying. I think ill join that comp to B) lol.
2000 ZX3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installed Exhaust Had Problems Update!56k Nap zx5power 10 3,751 07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Last Post: zx5power