Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Focus Probs?
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a 2000 ZX3, and I'm wondering what sort of problems there were with that year, or what I should be looking for?

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!
If I may be so bold, Try and find an 01 or 02, I'm pretty sure the problems were pretty much sorted out by then.

On the other hand, there are several member here with 2000 models and have had ZERO trouble.
I had a 2000 zx3, all I had to do was replace my front coil springs. After I replaced them I found that it was actually a service bulletin with Ford so they reimbursed me...
I wish I still had my car! :)
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
on my old '00 zx3 i had all the recalls done (wheel bearings, a pillar trim) and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember. the ignition lock cylinder crapped out and left me stranded once, the fuel sender broke and had to be fixed under warranty

the random stuff that went wrong were, i'd blow a 30A fuse if i put the fan on position 4, some interior trim kept falling off so i had to double sided tape it into place

other than that it was alright. i guess i got off easy compared to other owners

oh and all the ford dealers i went to are asshats. maybe other dealers are the same, i don't know.
I've got an 00, and I've had nothing major go wrong. I did have the lock cylinder crap out on me, but that seems to be a common problem amongst all the years.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

jen_deans,Jun 29 2006, 08:45 AM Wrote:I had a 2000 zx3, all I had to do was replace my front coil springs. After I replaced them I found that it was actually a service bulletin with Ford so they reimbursed me...
[right][snapback]195868[/snapback][/right]

I got an 02 and had to do that the first week I owned it.
2000 ZX3
By now a 2000 should have all the recall work done so any shortcomings of the firt year Focus shouldn't be a concern.
jen_deans,Jun 29 2006, 08:45 AM Wrote:I had a 2000 zx3, all I had to do was replace my front coil springs. After I replaced them I found that it was actually a service bulletin with Ford so they reimbursed me...

I think my front spring just went as well, but I can't find a recall on it?? I put my vin number in, and got nothing! Guess I got my first problem with my 2000 zx3, but then again I'm up to 135,000.... Oh well... Possible suspension upgrade!!

I'd still recommend a 2000 ZX3!!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
ZX3guy2000,Jun 29 2006, 10:41 AM Wrote:

I think my front spring just went as well, but I can't find a recall on it?? I put my vin number in, and got nothing! Guess I got my first problem with my 2000 zx3, but then again I'm up to 135,000.... Oh well... Possible suspension upgrade!!

I'd still recommend a 2000 ZX3!!
[right][snapback]195904[/snapback][/right]

Its a TSB, not a recall. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
So if I bring in my car, they will fix it ??? For Free ???
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
So, I've noticed the for some parts, ie the frpp lsd, it'll fit on the MTX-75, does the '00 model year have a different tranny?
ZX3guy2000,Jun 29 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:So if I bring in my car, they will fix it ???  For Free ???
[right][snapback]195908[/snapback][/right]

They'll fix recall repairs for free, but they might have already been done.

Let's see, my 2000 has been recalled for:

- rear door latches
- wiper motor cover
- clutch master cylinder, or something like that
- front strut springs
- retorque of front end pinch bolts
- battery cable re-routing
- replaced fuel pump
- wheel bearings

Might be more .... can't remember.
I know there was a recall on the feul pump, rear seats on the wagon and hatch only and there was another one I can't recall.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Radium,Jun 29 2006, 08:31 AM Wrote:Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a 2000 ZX3, and I'm wondering what sort of problems there were with that year, or what I should be looking for?

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!
[right][snapback]195857[/snapback][/right]

buy mine, will give you a good deal. let me know

2000 Zx3 with 120K's 5 spd.

[Image: 23898.2.z.jpg]
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

From what I hear and have been told the only major thing to worry about is the fuel pump. If its already been done then you should be smooth sailing.
And I second Mo's car, I've seen it and its a very nice ride! Hope it sells for you Mo!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Additional things done to mine other then all recalls, and fuel pump.

-Crank position sensor, clutch at the same time (a piece broke of the clutch and took out the sensor)
-Fan resistor
-CV boot
-Hand brake lines from equilzer to the drums both sides
-(clutch depressed switched (whatever you call it) for start up (rebuilt it)
-Thermostat housing cracked at the block
-Almost had to do my ignition cylinder but I played around with it for 2 hrs 2 years ago and not a problem since then

114,000km
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I bought my 01 ZX3 with 44,000km's on it...3 years and at 124,000 km's later, I've had next to no problems with the car, other than simple wear and tear items. I only replaced the battery once, the front rotors once, got a problem with my AC return lines fixed, and had the coolant flushed once. Other than that, nothing has gone wrong with the car...

Best of luck to you in your search...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
for none recall problem
-freeze rear arm
-broken front sway bar linkage(twice)
-power steering start to leak recently
-car will die at stop light once a while

6yrs 210k km
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
i have a 2001.

some of the problems still existed (coil springs, DPFE, and Fuel pump)

but since they were 'recalls' they were replaced free.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
this year - -ha ha ha ha - EVERY YEAR HAS PROBLEMS - ha ha ha ha

remenber our shirt moto

FOCUSCANADA.NET - "GOT RECALL??"

HA HA HA HA HA
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!