Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Open Hatch Without Key
Focus man, Focus.,May 25 2006, 10:45 AM Wrote:
momswgn,May 24 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 23 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:Easy way to check for a burnt fuse.  Get a test light and check them all.  Probe both sides and watch for the light to go out.  On the fuse panel cover it should give you some basic guidelines on which fuse does what.   Best way is to get in there and check. 

Oh BTW they are under the dash on the drivers side close to the door.
[right][snapback]189126[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I know where the fuses are but i was hoping someone might know exactly which one i need to be looking at as there are over 40 if i remenber right. i looked in the manual again and there is no mention of "hatch" "pwr door" "rear" anything. :huh: crappy and useless manual.
[right][snapback]189239[/snapback][/right]

Yes this should help you out. If the fuse is ok, take the trim off from around the Speedo and check the connection at the release button on the dash.
[right][snapback]189355[/snapback][/right]

she says she has done that already. SO back to the fuse :)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

OK rumor has it (Focus Fanatics) that the fuse I need to check is BEHIND all the other fuses... :angry: :angry: appearently all I need to do is unscew the fuse panel and there is a mystery fuse behind it for the hatch.

I'll let you know if the car blows up :huh: :unsure: or if it works.
Hmmm, this is funny...but I have a similar problem on my car too. The hatch won't open if the car is running, it WILL open with the keyfob when the car is shut off. It opened a few days ago with the button inside when the hot chick at the garage I went to needed to open it...that's the first time that button worked in like 6 months...wonder if it's common for them to wear out easily?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...