FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Gta Area Member!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

First off my name is Chad and I own a 2009 SES Sedan in Black. I'm very interested in modding as you can see from my signature below. I have met Mike (Spinal) and wish to come to the next meet in Toronto. I've been wanted to go for awhile now but crap has always come up! I'm very glad that Ken (ZTWsquared) found me because I was in the market for a FRPP suspension kit which I have ordered through him now for an awesome price.

I'm sure some of you are members on FocusFanatics where I have been for awhile now, but it is definitely nice to represent the Canadian side. Hopefully I will meet you guys at the next meet!

--Chad
Very Nice start!

:hi:

Now start a new thread with pics!!!
LOL Yeah, I need to get some pics going.. I've been meaning to take pics for the longest time but never got around to it.. Will have those up soon though :)
I really like the 09's and your rarely see any modified can't wait to see yours. Welcome to fc.net
If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

FYI I see that your tune is done by Turbo Tom. Be careful man.
Welcome to FC!
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2009, 04:07 PM Wrote:If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

[right][snapback]292932[/snapback][/right]

Give me the cash and I'll do it sure.. :P
About Tom, I've heard good things, I've heard some other not good things.. I must say my tune is excellent. Tom has worked with me closely, has given me about 5-6 revisions to fine tune everything. It's been absolutely great and have no regrets at all. The only bad experiences I've heard is no communication with Tom. I talk to him on AIM and have had no trouble reaching him. Plus I don't have to pay for updates :) And the main reason I don't really want to go Turbo is because I have an ATX.. Would have to invest in a Lentech tranny.. Not interested in spending that much unfortunately. But why the warning?

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Welcome aboard. Now get out there and take some pic's already.

Olny kidding. You will post them when you are ready. Ken aka ZTWSquared is a great guy and an even better friend. He is a mad man at the track. He takes his track days very seroiusly.

Don't be affraid to ask questions here, although you will probably get more responses on the US site. But you never know.

I am the member who usually posts up the Masiv Monday meets. So keep your eye out for the next posting. The next meet will be on Aug 31st.
Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!
[right][snapback]292956[/snapback][/right]

I think we have been in contact on FF. Over there I am known as 02ZX5cominalive. I believe I directed you over here if I am not mistaken.
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 18 2009, 09:22 PM Wrote:
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!
[right][snapback]292956[/snapback][/right]

I think we have been in contact on FF. Over there I am known as 02ZX5cominalive. I believe I directed you over here if I am not mistaken.
[right][snapback]292957[/snapback][/right]

Ohh Kevin right? Awesome dude :)
Yep, thats me!!!
Hello and welcome to the site!
Make sure you post some pics of your 09 lowered, I haven't seen a new focus lowered yet.
Will for sure dude! Maybe you can come to a meet once I have it installed too!
tetra,Aug 19 2009, 12:22 PM Wrote:Will for sure dude! Maybe you can come to a meet once I have it installed too!
[right][snapback]292974[/snapback][/right]

Yup, its a bit of a drive but I would like to put some faces to there names.

on another note does your 09 have the chrome mirror caps and door handles?
Hell no, I hate that chrome s***!! The only chrome it's got is a bit on the tail lights and the a small portion of the front grill. I plan on doing a swap for the Coupe one which has a darkened grill and tail lights.
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 05:19 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2009, 04:07 PM Wrote:If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

[right][snapback]292932[/snapback][/right]

Give me the cash and I'll do it sure.. :P
About Tom, I've heard good things, I've heard some other not good things.. I must say my tune is excellent. Tom has worked with me closely, has given me about 5-6 revisions to fine tune everything. It's been absolutely great and have no regrets at all. The only bad experiences I've heard is no communication with Tom. I talk to him on AIM and have had no trouble reaching him. Plus I don't have to pay for updates :) And the main reason I don't really want to go Turbo is because I have an ATX.. Would have to invest in a Lentech tranny.. Not interested in spending that much unfortunately. But why the warning?

Thanks for the welcome guys!
[right][snapback]292935[/snapback][/right]

Just saying man. There have been a lot of people both on FF and FJ whom have problems with Tom. Maybe he does do good NA tuning, but I wouldn't use him for FI from what I've heard.
Ahh I see, well it's ying yang I guess.. Most people on FF are thrilled with their FI tunes but some people are just very picky I guess. I haven't heard any bad things regarding the N/A with X3 yet.. We'll see in the future. But so far I'm very happy with mine!
tetra,Aug 19 2009, 11:18 PM Wrote:Ahh I see, well it's ying yang I guess.. Most people on FF are thrilled with their FI tunes but some people are just very picky I guess. I haven't heard any bad things regarding the N/A with X3 yet.. We'll see in the future. But so far I'm very happy with mine!
[right][snapback]292995[/snapback][/right]

Great Focus keep up the good work !

Tom
1turbofocus,Aug 19 2009, 07:38 PM Wrote:Great Focus keep up the good work !

Tom
[right][snapback]292996[/snapback][/right]

LOL ^^ after 4 years that was unexpected.
Pages: 1 2