Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gta Area Member!
Hi guys,

First off my name is Chad and I own a 2009 SES Sedan in Black. I'm very interested in modding as you can see from my signature below. I have met Mike (Spinal) and wish to come to the next meet in Toronto. I've been wanted to go for awhile now but crap has always come up! I'm very glad that Ken (ZTWsquared) found me because I was in the market for a FRPP suspension kit which I have ordered through him now for an awesome price.

I'm sure some of you are members on FocusFanatics where I have been for awhile now, but it is definitely nice to represent the Canadian side. Hopefully I will meet you guys at the next meet!

--Chad
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Very Nice start!

:hi:

Now start a new thread with pics!!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
LOL Yeah, I need to get some pics going.. I've been meaning to take pics for the longest time but never got around to it.. Will have those up soon though :)

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
I really like the 09's and your rarely see any modified can't wait to see yours. Welcome to fc.net
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

FYI I see that your tune is done by Turbo Tom. Be careful man.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Welcome to FC!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2009, 04:07 PM Wrote:If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

[right][snapback]292932[/snapback][/right]

Give me the cash and I'll do it sure.. :P
About Tom, I've heard good things, I've heard some other not good things.. I must say my tune is excellent. Tom has worked with me closely, has given me about 5-6 revisions to fine tune everything. It's been absolutely great and have no regrets at all. The only bad experiences I've heard is no communication with Tom. I talk to him on AIM and have had no trouble reaching him. Plus I don't have to pay for updates :) And the main reason I don't really want to go Turbo is because I have an ATX.. Would have to invest in a Lentech tranny.. Not interested in spending that much unfortunately. But why the warning?

Thanks for the welcome guys!

124whp/129wtq
Welcome aboard. Now get out there and take some pic's already.

Olny kidding. You will post them when you are ready. Ken aka ZTWSquared is a great guy and an even better friend. He is a mad man at the track. He takes his track days very seroiusly.

Don't be affraid to ask questions here, although you will probably get more responses on the US site. But you never know.

I am the member who usually posts up the Masiv Monday meets. So keep your eye out for the next posting. The next meet will be on Aug 31st.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!
[right][snapback]292956[/snapback][/right]

I think we have been in contact on FF. Over there I am known as 02ZX5cominalive. I believe I directed you over here if I am not mistaken.

Focus man, Focus.,Aug 18 2009, 09:22 PM Wrote:
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Sounds good man, I'm really looking forward to going to the next meet for sure. Thanks for the warm welcome! Ken does seem like an awesome guy, can't wait to meet him too!
[right][snapback]292956[/snapback][/right]

I think we have been in contact on FF. Over there I am known as 02ZX5cominalive. I believe I directed you over here if I am not mistaken.
[right][snapback]292957[/snapback][/right]

Ohh Kevin right? Awesome dude :)

124whp/129wtq
Yep, thats me!!!

Hello and welcome to the site!
Make sure you post some pics of your 09 lowered, I haven't seen a new focus lowered yet.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Will for sure dude! Maybe you can come to a meet once I have it installed too!

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Aug 19 2009, 12:22 PM Wrote:Will for sure dude! Maybe you can come to a meet once I have it installed too!
[right][snapback]292974[/snapback][/right]

Yup, its a bit of a drive but I would like to put some faces to there names.

on another note does your 09 have the chrome mirror caps and door handles?
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Hell no, I hate that chrome s***!! The only chrome it's got is a bit on the tail lights and the a small portion of the front grill. I plan on doing a swap for the Coupe one which has a darkened grill and tail lights.

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Aug 18 2009, 05:19 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2009, 04:07 PM Wrote:If you mod that much, go FI. FSW makes the turbo for the 08/09 now.

[right][snapback]292932[/snapback][/right]

Give me the cash and I'll do it sure.. :P
About Tom, I've heard good things, I've heard some other not good things.. I must say my tune is excellent. Tom has worked with me closely, has given me about 5-6 revisions to fine tune everything. It's been absolutely great and have no regrets at all. The only bad experiences I've heard is no communication with Tom. I talk to him on AIM and have had no trouble reaching him. Plus I don't have to pay for updates :) And the main reason I don't really want to go Turbo is because I have an ATX.. Would have to invest in a Lentech tranny.. Not interested in spending that much unfortunately. But why the warning?

Thanks for the welcome guys!
[right][snapback]292935[/snapback][/right]

Just saying man. There have been a lot of people both on FF and FJ whom have problems with Tom. Maybe he does do good NA tuning, but I wouldn't use him for FI from what I've heard.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Ahh I see, well it's ying yang I guess.. Most people on FF are thrilled with their FI tunes but some people are just very picky I guess. I haven't heard any bad things regarding the N/A with X3 yet.. We'll see in the future. But so far I'm very happy with mine!

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Aug 19 2009, 11:18 PM Wrote:Ahh I see, well it's ying yang I guess.. Most people on FF are thrilled with their FI tunes but some people are just very picky I guess. I haven't heard any bad things regarding the N/A with X3 yet.. We'll see in the future. But so far I'm very happy with mine!
[right][snapback]292995[/snapback][/right]

Great Focus keep up the good work !

Tom
1turbofocus,Aug 19 2009, 07:38 PM Wrote:Great Focus keep up the good work !

Tom
[right][snapback]292996[/snapback][/right]

LOL ^^ after 4 years that was unexpected.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *