FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Car Has Cruise Seizures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While I am stepping on the gas real light to keep the car moving around 2000rpm my car seems to have these convulsions for no reason. They go away if I give it a little more gas, and don't seem as bad if I am totally off the gas and decelerating (but I still feel it a little).

Now i've done the following:
Replace TPS
Replace PCV
Replace DPFE
Clean Throttle Body
Clean MAF (I even had a spare and tried it)
Change Coil
Change Plug Wires and Plugs

I can't seem to figure out whats causing the problem, anybody else have any clues? I've had randy take a look at my tune but the more I think about it I don't think that theres an issue there because I didn't always have this issue. I don't throw a CEL or any Codes.

One thing that I haven't changed/corrected:
I have a few exhausts leaks
I could change out my EGR valve
I could change my EGR regulator
I could change out my 1st O2 Sensor
I could remove the Supercharger and go back to stock (last resort)
I could replace my IAC valve (could this do it?)

Anybody have any ideas on what this problem could be?
I was going to say plugs and wires but I see they were done.

Fuel?

Could just be bad petrol or something to do with the fuel system.

I'll also add I replaced the fuel filter. Now I haven't done the fuel pump yet...not sure if I still quality for ford to replace my fuel pump
Is the idle kinda going up and down when you are stopped? And you have to keep your foot on the accelerator to keep the engine from stalling?

I am pretty sure when this happened to aaron that he replaced his O2 sensor and it went away.

Let me know if this is your problem and I will ask him when he gets home tonite.
When was the last time you had the injectors cleaned?
5000km ago I put new injectors in, the idle is perfect and so is WOT. Durring WOT the A/F stays steady and everything i'm logging with the xcal2 is bang on...its just like 5-10% throttle thats all wacky.
Is it a recent problem or have you gone through a few tanks of gas? I still think it is petrol related.

Have you changed gas stations, grades of gas or filled up out of town anytime recently?
The one thing I did do before this problem started happening is put stabil in m fuel lines before winter, I ran that tank and now i'm on my second tank...about 1/2 used.
Mine has been doing the same thing for the past two weeks, like heavy bogging off the line . I haven't done half the up grades that you have done to yours, just intake, TB, exhaust, wires etc. Whatever it is threw my CEL. Is it possible that in taking in too much air and not enough room to get out? My Magnaflow exhaust gets put in monday, so good riddance to this half ass one I threw in before the winter for kicks. So yeah, sounds like the same problem though...maybe not.
The moment I get on the gas my problem is gone and it runs like a champ all the way to the rev limiter. My problem is keeping say 80km/h in 5th...it bucks and kicks...if I floor it the problem is gone...I am not noticing any power loss.
in 2000, my first focus had some bucking, before I could get it looked at, it died on the 401...fuel pump. It was mild at first, almost like a sputtering, then it got aggressive like crazy...then dead.
hardk0re,Apr 8 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:The one thing I did do before this problem started happening is put stabil in m fuel lines before winter, I ran that tank and now i'm on my second tank...about 1/2 used.
[right][snapback]179968[/snapback][/right]

One or two tanks per season? I learned that leason from my motorbike. ENGINES HATE STORAGE no matter how careful you are and whatever preparations you take, Drive often and hard, that's what 4 bangers like best.

If your car has been stored I guarantee it is fuel related.
first off .. why do you still have your dpfe and egr enabled? or are you still trying to pass the emission test?

i'd get those disabled/removed then see if the problem is still there
otherwise .. replace your fuel filter again or atleast remove it and see if it cloged at all

have you checked your fuel pressure?
I'm thinking of deleting it for good...grinding down the header and getting the bung welded shut.
It just started doing this? Did it do it last fall when you had the car out to the wing night we were both at?

It kinda boils down to, "when did it last run fine?" and "what did I change after that?"

ID try replacing your 02 sensor. Mine did the same, replaced the sensor and I was fine.

My car is stored also, outside under a tarp. I dont use any fuel stabiliser, just make sure the tank is always full, my car runs like a champ. I dont think its fuel related cuz you'd probably be seeing problems in other places to.

My second guess would be your EGR, just get rid of that thing!! :P
Hmmm.

Maybe the NEW DPFE is buggered too?

I would burn ALL the fuel and re-fill at a nother sation. Sounds like water in the fuel.

Couls also be vaccum. I know ZX3GUY2000 (Tim) was having the same issues at the NOTL cruise and Mefords' boy fixed the leak with an FC Sticker. :)
I remember that problem is related to a recall, 3yrs ago?
Focus Is Art,Apr 10 2006, 10:32 AM Wrote:I remember that problem is related to a recall, 3yrs ago?
[right][snapback]180258[/snapback][/right]

Recalls probably won't apply to his car :lol:
he got a 01, why not?
Pages: 1 2