FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question Regarding Focus Parts Purchase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When and where would you like to do this?
meford4u,Mar 23 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:When and where would you like to do this?
[right][snapback]176656[/snapback][/right]

Well, I grab the intake Friday in the AM, go back to Mississauga to drag my mother back from the dentist and then my schedule is as wide open as it gets (around noon) The weekend looks empty too as I've not gotten any calls from anyone yet needing taxi service :rolleyes:

IOW you free this weekend to set me on the long road that is modding? :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:

Well, I grab the intake Friday in the AM, go back to Mississauga to drag my mother back from the dentist and then my schedule is as wide open as it gets (around noon) The weekend looks empty too as I've not gotten any calls from anyone yet needing taxi service :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]176659[/snapback][/right]
Friday after 4 I am free, Sat. and maybe Sun. I am in Barrie helping my brother(I think, he hasn't confirmed yet)
But I am off work next week if that works. Would you be coming out here? Because if that was the case, I am not that far from Sparky and we could head over to his nice warm garage full of beer and do everything tomorrow around 4ish if that works for him, it works for me.

That's ok with me, let me know and I'll PM directions.
meford4u,Mar 23 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]176659[/snapback][/right]
Friday after 4 I am free, Sat. and maybe Sun. I am in Barrie helping my brother(I think, he hasn't confirmed yet)
But I am off work next week if that works. Would you be coming out here? Because if that was the case, I am not that far from Sparky and we could head over to his nice warm garage full of beer and do everything tomorrow around 4ish if that works for him, it works for me.
[right][snapback]176660[/snapback][/right]

Sure, I can do Friday afternoon/evening. Send me a PM with directions/addresses and I'll bring the new shiny thing for us to install :P

NefCanuck
(Dear god are the Leafs playing lousy tonight)
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:Sure, I can do Friday afternoon/evening.  Send me a PM with directions/addresses and I'll bring the new shiny thing for us to install :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]176664[/snapback][/right]
I PMd Meford the directions to my house from Burlington, I'm assuming he'll PM you the directions to his place.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 23 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:Sure, I can do Friday afternoon/evening.  Send me a PM with directions/addresses and I'll bring the new shiny thing for us to install :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]176664[/snapback][/right]
I PMd Meford the directions to my house from Burlington, I'm assuming he'll PM you the directions to his place.
[right][snapback]176669[/snapback][/right]

Gotcha, god watching that display at the Bell Centre tonight I'm thinking I'm getting punished for buying the shiny thing :P

NefCanuck
Neffer. Are you taking the 407 to my house? I am pretty sure you and I raced along the 407 coming home from Barrie, so your not one of these facists who hate it and won't pay a little for the ease of driving.
Take the 403 to the 407 west towards Hamilton. Your going to go past Trafalgar, past Bronte Rd. all the way to Dundas Street/Hwy 5. Get off and turn left at the light at the exit. At the 2nd light, North Hampton, turn right. At the stop sign, Headon Forest, turn left. I am in the complex on your left. 2880 Headon Forest unit 33. 905-335-5677

I have an appointment in town at 3pm but i should be home by 4. See you then.

If you don't take the 407, PM me tonite before 11pm and i'll give you alternate directions.

Free beer whoo hoo.
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 09:11 PM Wrote:Gotcha, god watching that display at the Bell Centre tonight I'm thinking I'm getting punished for buying the shiny thing :P
[right][snapback]176670[/snapback][/right]
Naw, it's not just your punishment -- Steeda hasn't been making parts since 1967.

I think it's the curse of Harold Ballard. :lol:
meford4u,Mar 23 2006, 09:15 PM Wrote:Neffer.  Are you taking the 407 to my house?  I am pretty sure you and I raced along the 407 coming home from Barrie, so your not one of these facists who hate it and won't pay a little for the ease of driving.
Take the 403 to the 407 west towards Hamilton.  Your going to go past Trafalgar, past Bronte Rd. all the way to Dundas Street/Hwy 5.  Get off and turn left at the light at the exit.  At the 2nd light, North Hampton, turn right.  At the stop sign, Headon Forest, turn left.  I am in the complex on your left.  2880 Headon Forest unit 33.  905-335-5677

I have an appointment in town at 3pm but i should be home by 4.  See you then.

If you don't take the 407, PM me tonite before 11pm and i'll give you alternate directions.

Free beer whoo hoo.
[right][snapback]176671[/snapback][/right]

No problem, now that I have you address I can use the GPS if I have to as a backup.

See you then

NefCanuck
OAC_Sparky,Mar 23 2006, 09:24 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 09:11 PM Wrote:Gotcha, god watching that display at the Bell Centre tonight I'm thinking I'm getting punished for buying the shiny thing :P
[right][snapback]176670[/snapback][/right]
Naw, it's not just your punishment -- Steeda hasn't been making parts since 1967.

I think it's the curse of Bob Ballard. :lol:
[right][snapback]176674[/snapback][/right]

Gah, remind me again where Ballards grave is so I can defecate on it <_<

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" after this performance tonight the Leafs should be making like they came from the planet Krypton fer chrissakes :angry:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:........ having to go in to get my eyes lasered, pardon me while I have Goldfinger flashbacks

By JB flashbacks do you mean:

(Laser beam creeping towards crotch)

Bond: I hope you don't expect me to talk do you GoldFinger?

GoldFinger: No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!!!?
2001 ZTS,Mar 23 2006, 10:14 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:........ having to go in to get my eyes lasered, pardon me while I have Goldfinger flashbacks

By JB flashbacks do you mean:

(Laser beam creeping towards crotch)

Bond: I hope you don't expect me to talk do you GoldFinger?

GoldFinger: No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!!!?
[right][snapback]176681[/snapback][/right]

EXACTLY!

Though the doc says I'll be able to drive myself home after the operation so it doesn't sound too nasty. SLT Laser therapy is what it's called.

NefCanuck
Well, thanks for stopping over, guys. I had a good time. :)

Hope the Steeda works well for you, Daniel.
It was a pleasure watching you do all the work. Just like Ford.
Is there photo's of this install? How is the fit and finnish of the product?
Glad to hear that your going to be on the road for a while now. What do you think of the noise? My K&N Typhoon is loud, how does the Steeda sound?
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 25 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:Is there photo's of this install? [right][snapback]176870[/snapback][/right]
No -- Meford's camera shy and I'm ugly. We hid Nefcanuck's camera to protect the innocent. :lol:
Did ya need a hoist to do the install? I heard the inner fenders have to be removed in order to remove the stock air box in the 05's?
euro_zx5,Mar 25 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:Did ya need a hoist to do the install? I heard the inner fenders have to be removed in order to remove the stock air box in the 05's?
[right][snapback]176962[/snapback][/right]
We removed the air box (you have to to get to the MAF tube) but left the snorkle tube in (but covered up the end with some poly sheet). With the SRI there is no real benefit to remove the whole tube.

The removal of the air box and MAF tube can be done from the top, just 3 bolts and a ring clamp total.

I'd say a 10 minute job, but that's only if you don't talk to people you're just meeting at the same time. :lol:
Just wanted to post a big assed thank you to both OAC_Sparky & meford. Y'all made this actually a fun experience and I even learned a few things along the way :)

The car certainly has a hell of a lot more grunt than stock off the line. Now I can merge onto the highway with four people in the car and not say three Hail Marys while doing it :D The car certainly makes its presence known now if I mash the throttle, driving in a sane manner the car is hardly different from stock, which I like. I'm from the speak softly but carry a big stick school :P

Also noticed that the car seems to turn less RPM for the equivalent speed (about 100 RPM difference less than the stock number at 100km/h) but this could be the result of the reset to the ECU that OAC_Sparky did with his OBD code reader in lieu of yanking the battery cable to re-learn the idle, time will tell.

Only thing I have to say I'm dissapointed in is the fitment of the top piece to the box surrounding the new air filter (OAC_Sparky's car has the same unit and his mates perfectly, mine has a tiny gap in one corner, nothing to lose sleep over, a result of these pieces not being fabbed on an assembly line I guess)

Now awaiting the new HVAC knobs that I also ordered from Steeda (and I'll get pictures of those I promise) to dress up the interior and then to check the bank account to see whether it could stand a whack from an MBRP exhaust sometime in April.

Once again thanks guys, couldn't have done it without you :icon_mrgreen:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3 4