FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just want to know if anybody works for Ford or has connections with Ford? :D
I need some info PLEASE HELP!!!
My dads a manager at ford. What do you need?
Meford works at the Oakville plant, my father is a retired van plant worker there too... but other than new car deals, not much I can do for ya.

What info do ya need?
Well I took my car to Dixie Ford where it was perchased to see if my Clutch rattle and premature wear was caused by the TSB.
Ford told me they have to send the parts out to Ford engineering to get inspected.
The resultes came back Dixie Ford said not covered under warranty :angry: so I requested that they show me proof that the engineer said its not the TSB
Dixie Ford told me that proof can't be provided.
They are trying to charge me $1800.00 for the total, parts and labour
I told them not paying until I have proof

I want to know if they can do that?
Any help needed!!!!

Nothing was ever signed or a repair quote given.

:angry2:
If you never signed ANYTHING I don't think that your obligated. Usually they get you to sign this slip when you drop off your car which states that you agree to pay for all service parts, blah blah....

Now if you simply handed them the keys and they did something with it, then I don't think your obligated.

Just for refference to drop the entire transmission and replace it is only $300-400 at allot of shops in the GTA, pretty much same charge for a clutch because you need to drop the tranny in the focus.
PM me your VIN and I can see if there's anything on your OASIS report.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 23 2006, 01:49 AM Wrote:PM me your VIN and I can see if there's anything on your OASIS report.
[right][snapback]176532[/snapback][/right]
Yes, the OASIS will let us know what is going on.
haha... they tried to do that to me... but i threatened to sue..

and they gave me my car back.
Ford customer service is saying a TSB is not covered under warranty.

I have told them about my Clutch rattle they didn't even record it on there file :angry: My quotes that I was given were all verbal nothing on paper and no sighning was done.
-$1200.00 First price
-$1800.00 Second price
-$3000.00 this is the price quote I was just given today HAHAHAHA 3grand!!!!

DIXIE FORD IS A JOKE!!!!! I advise that nobody goes there (PLEASE PASS ON)

They never return my calls they take weeks, and months to get parts in and to fix the problem.
The service manager GREG BAXTER has hung up the phone on me and so on.............

Iam REALLY :angry2:
Tiketz,Mar 23 2006, 07:17 PM Wrote:Ford customer service is saying a TSB is not covered under warranty.
Ford customer service is usually a frenchcanadian or new immigrant. These 'service' reps don't know anything about Ford, TSBs, or vehicles in general. Call Ted Hogan at Dixie and just mention how you think Ford should cover this well known and documented engineering problem. Ask him if he's not willing to go to bat for you, could he give you the area dealers rep # and you'll see what they can do.

Or go to Kennedy Ford and tell them about the noise the car is making, have them check it out as they did mine, and they should fix it under warranty. Just don't mention anything about Dixie or anything relateded to previous concerns. Go in as a fresh problem.

I'm assuming you don't have any mods done to your car which would void any warranty.
Meford should be able to help you or atleast point you in the right direction. if he can talk to the ford corporate office the same way he posts on fcn then there should be NO problem getting your warranty issue resolved.
Tiketz,Mar 23 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:Ford customer service is saying a TSB is not covered under warranty.
[right][snapback]176657[/snapback][/right]
Okay ... either I'm confused or you're confused.

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. It is an instruction from Ford of Canada to the dealer to effect a repair on certain vehicles, identified by VIN, when a vehicle comes into a dealership service department.

It is not a "warranty" per se, nor is it necessarily covered by a warranty. It is simply Ford deciding to fix something without taking it as far as a recall.

Your eligibility for a repair as a result of a Technical Service Bulletin is entirely at Ford's discretion -- especially if your vehicle is out of warranty.

So when Ford tells you that a TSB "is not covered by a warranty" -- that's what they mean.

So perhaps what you are being told is that your vehicle is not eligible for the TSB repair, or perhaps they are saying the parts that were broken were not the parts referenced in the TSB.

So ... two questions and maybe we can get to the bottom of this (and sorry if this was covered in other posts, I don't recall seeing it):

1) Is your vehicle still covered by Ford's warranty - regular or extended?

2) Which TSB are you referring to and why do you believe your vehicle is eligible for the repair?

There are lots of people on here who can help you out -- just need to provide less rant and more info.

Cheers
as far as i know TSB's are covered under base warranty for sure as long asa your car has that problem....

I can also get tsb/oasis info if needed

*edit* if needed i can even get a workshop manuals in pdf (if my link eventually decides to work) and tsb papers from ford
Well Dixie Ford is getting investigated by Ford about my problem.
Monday I findout my answer to all this BULLS**T.

I will let you all know A.S.A.P Thanks for all the help!!
Best of luck... hopefully justice gets served here.
Any word yet?
Well I got to pay for the clutch :angry:
Ford did there investigation and well the parts were sent to an engineer.
All the parts the TSB states were inspected and theres nothing wrong.

If the TSB 04-21-19 becomes a recall I will get my money back (BullS***)

I did the best I could still no give.......Hey anybody want to buy a SVT LOL

I just want my car back!!!!
What price should I get charged for a clutch and labour?
I say nothing!!!
Does $1200.00 sound good?
Sorry to hear it.
Tiketz,Mar 28 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:What price should I get charged for a clutch and labour?
I say nothing!!!
Does $1200.00 sound good?
[right][snapback]177652[/snapback][/right]

What was the break down parts to labour wise. Labour is prolly what killed you.
Pages: 1 2