FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Whos Ready For -50?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bloody hell its cold out side. The snow is pretty much all gone but ahhh so cold. its -26 with the wind rigth now but they say its supposed to hit -50 tonight falling into the next day.

This is why Im moving lol :( stupid Sask.
+2 here in Ottawa. :P

*hoping for early spring*
I forgot to mention. Times like this, Im very happy I bought urethane body parts lol.

I guess I cant complain to much. We had +1, +2 weather all January making this winter really short.
I keep telling myself that the -30 s*** is coming soon.

Hope Im wrong.
Too bad in those Ford commercials they say that our cars are "winter tested to -40".

I guess we're SOL. :rolleyes:
North Bay hardly goes below -30, but it can spend WEEKS hovering at that temperature. Thankfully we're near freezing today, so driving to work after lunch with the window down was pleasant :)
yeah today was such a great day I washed my car, and detailed the outside in the drive way, with a few neighbors looking at me like I was crazy in this nice +6c weather, even though the windchill is +1c at the moment.
it was a really mild winter here...

i just walked to the mailbox and froze my balls off...and its goin to be almost twice as cold tomorrow.

But once its past -30, it all feels that same, well you dont really feel anything, your numb.
Here we go check this s*** out

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/a...gion=WWCASK0004

Quote:EXTREME WIND CHILLS OVERNIGHT AND THURSDAY.
AN ARCTIC AIRMASS CURRENTLY OVER NORTHERN SASKATCHEWAN WILL PUSH INTO THE NORTHERN GRAINBELT OVERNIGHT ACCOMPANIED BY 15 TO 20 KM/H WINDS. THIS WILL PRODUCE EXTREME WIND CHILLS OF -40 TO -45 BY THURSDAY MORNING. ON THURSDAY, WINDS OF 20 TO 30 KM/H WILL PUSH THIS ARCTIC AIRMASS FARTHER SOUTH INTO REGINA, INDIAN HEAD, AND MOOSOMIN WHICH WILL ALSO PRODUCE WIND CHILLS OF -40 OR COLDER IN THOSE AREAS AS WELL. CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE ARCTIC AIRMASS MAY CONTINUE ITS SOUTHWARD PUSH THURSDAY NIGHT. IF THIS CONTINUES, WARNINGS MAY BE EXTENDED TO REGIONS FARTHER SOUTH FOR LATE THURSDAY AND INTO FRIDAY.
Meh

Ever have to spend 1 hour in -55 defuelling an aircraft....and thats before windchill...

I laugh at -20 through -30

NOTE:

Did you know it is -55 all the time above 30000 ft up to the friggin' stratosphere....so basically...from ground level to friggin dam near space it was the same temp...

I LOVE MY JOB.
going to work today, it was stoopid cold...

i had 2 sets of gloves on and my hands were stinging they were so cold.

The focus just barely started...it sounded like a wounded moose trying to turn over.
We're due for a foot of snow tonight. My back's gonna be screaming tomorrow.
its retarted outside. Its all nice and sunny but as soon as you step outside its instant freeze lol.
Were getting dumped on as we speak...

And a little freezing rain tonight for desert! :rolleyes:
well it was a picture of ball warmers for your boys.

search google images for ball warmers and you'll see the thumbnail... if you care
i could really use some red x's... :P
its offical. My nutz fell off and rolled down into my socks. Driving home sucked.
Frozen suspension sucks to..
ZX3TUNR,Feb 16 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:its offical. My nutz fell off and rolled down into my socks. Driving home sucked.
[right][snapback]170933[/snapback][/right]
Well, look at the bright side, all you Sask'ers get an insurance rebate.

I guess there's benefits to living in a big, flat freezer. :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Feb 16 2006, 06:27 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Feb 16 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:its offical. My nutz fell off and rolled down into my socks. Driving home sucked.
[right][snapback]170933[/snapback][/right]
Well, look at the bright side, all you Sask'ers get an insurance rebate.

I guess there's benefits to living in a big, flat freezer. :lol:
[right][snapback]170936[/snapback][/right]

this is true. I get a whopping $90 back lol and there giving me a 12% discount.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 16 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:this is true. I get a whopping $90 back lol and there giving me a 12% discount.
[right][snapback]170941[/snapback][/right]
There ya go, you can afford a bunch of Tim Horton's coffees and a jug of heavy-duty antifreeze. ;)
Pages: 1 2