FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Friendly Warning About Price Increases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

So don't be too suprised that your morning coffee costs a bit more along with your bagel / donut.

Oh and the company is blaming higher costs of operation, but reality is they are doing this to make more of a profit, and to pay for the extra wage increases in Ontario, and any other province that has raised their minimum wages recently.
see my post in ontario minimal wage
I Read this like 2 weeks ago on hofo/rsd.. not many people commented on it though
its been posted on signs inside Tim hortons' for at least week
They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.
focusonthis_88,Feb 5 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.
[right][snapback]168532[/snapback][/right]

it's my drug of choice
meford4u,Feb 5 2006, 01:27 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Feb 5 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.

it's my drug of choice
[right][snapback]168534[/snapback][/right]

*nod* legal drug dealers... get ya hooked, then keep uping the prices!

wonder if ours are gonna go up down here.. will have to look tomorrow morning to see if its posted
torradan,Feb 5 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:

it's my drug of choice

wonder if ours are gonna go up down here.. will have to look tomorrow morning to see if its posted
[right][snapback]168536[/snapback][/right]
I heard timmy hortons puts nicotine in their coffee, might explain addictions for people to the s***.
Phantom,Feb 5 2006, 01:29 PM Wrote:
torradan,Feb 5 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:

it's my drug of choice

[right][snapback]168536[/snapback][/right]
I heard timmy hortons puts nicotine in their coffee, might explain addictions for people to the s***.
[right][snapback]168538[/snapback][/right]

Nicotine AND MSG, natch. Straight from the mouth of a chick that works in their head office.
Frost__2001,Feb 5 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

So don't be too suprised that your morning coffee costs a bit more along with your bagel / donut.

Oh and the company is blaming higher costs of operation, but reality is they are doing this to make more of a profit, and to pay for the extra wage increases in Ontario, and any other province that has raised their minimum wages recently.
[right][snapback]168519[/snapback][/right]

Is that not a higher cost of operation? I doubt they are only raising this to make more profit and yeah everything goes up in price except wages. But when wages go up the cost of many things raise too. It's a real lose lose situation.

I have $15 of tim hortons gift certs in my arm rest. I will prolly never use and I have a Tim hortons in the building I work in too.
nass,Feb 5 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 5 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

[right][snapback]168519[/snapback][/right]

Is that not a higher cost of operation? I doubt they are only raising this to make more profit and yeah everything goes up in price except wages. But when wages go up the cost of many things raise too. It's a real lose lose situation.

I have $15 of tim hortons gift certs in my arm rest. I will prolly never use and I have a Tim hortons in the building I work in too.
[right][snapback]168558[/snapback][/right]

Dibs!! Mail them to me!!!
I want some! lol
I don't think the price increase will affect the US market.

but yeah coffee goes as follows outside the GTA, with taxes

Coffee

S $1.14
M $1.25
L $1.40
XL $1.59

Capp / Smothies

S $1.40
M $1.50
L $1.75
XL $2.05

Donuts are now $0.86
Donuts 1/2 dozen $3.75
Donut Dozen $5.25
Bagels are now $0.98
Bagels with butter $1.05
Bagels with Cream cheese $1.75

Canned pop $1.25

I think that's is on the price increases, I know in toronto it will be more as your paying extra taxes on it.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 5 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:Nicotine AND MSG, natch. Straight from the mouth of a chick that works in their head office.
[right][snapback]168542[/snapback][/right]

They could put CRACK in it and I'd still love drinking it. ;)