Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Warning About Price Increases
Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

So don't be too suprised that your morning coffee costs a bit more along with your bagel / donut.

Oh and the company is blaming higher costs of operation, but reality is they are doing this to make more of a profit, and to pay for the extra wage increases in Ontario, and any other province that has raised their minimum wages recently.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
see my post in ontario minimal wage
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I Read this like 2 weeks ago on hofo/rsd.. not many people commented on it though
My other ride is your Mom
its been posted on signs inside Tim hortons' for at least week
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Feb 5 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.
[right][snapback]168532[/snapback][/right]

it's my drug of choice
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 5 2006, 01:27 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Feb 5 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:They could raise it even higher and people would still buy coffee.

it's my drug of choice
[right][snapback]168534[/snapback][/right]

*nod* legal drug dealers... get ya hooked, then keep uping the prices!

wonder if ours are gonna go up down here.. will have to look tomorrow morning to see if its posted
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Feb 5 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:

it's my drug of choice

wonder if ours are gonna go up down here.. will have to look tomorrow morning to see if its posted
[right][snapback]168536[/snapback][/right]
I heard timmy hortons puts nicotine in their coffee, might explain addictions for people to the s***.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Feb 5 2006, 01:29 PM Wrote:
torradan,Feb 5 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:

it's my drug of choice

[right][snapback]168536[/snapback][/right]
I heard timmy hortons puts nicotine in their coffee, might explain addictions for people to the s***.
[right][snapback]168538[/snapback][/right]

Nicotine AND MSG, natch. Straight from the mouth of a chick that works in their head office.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Frost__2001,Feb 5 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

So don't be too suprised that your morning coffee costs a bit more along with your bagel / donut.

Oh and the company is blaming higher costs of operation, but reality is they are doing this to make more of a profit, and to pay for the extra wage increases in Ontario, and any other province that has raised their minimum wages recently.
[right][snapback]168519[/snapback][/right]

Is that not a higher cost of operation? I doubt they are only raising this to make more profit and yeah everything goes up in price except wages. But when wages go up the cost of many things raise too. It's a real lose lose situation.

I have $15 of tim hortons gift certs in my arm rest. I will prolly never use and I have a Tim hortons in the building I work in too.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Feb 5 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 5 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:Well I thought I'd give everyone a little warning that Tim Horton's ( my work ) will be raising prices anywhere from $0.04 to $0.06 on almost all their items they sell but sandwiches, all over the country Starting at possibly as late as 4 am on Monday morning, or at mid night on the sunday.

[right][snapback]168519[/snapback][/right]

Is that not a higher cost of operation? I doubt they are only raising this to make more profit and yeah everything goes up in price except wages. But when wages go up the cost of many things raise too. It's a real lose lose situation.

I have $15 of tim hortons gift certs in my arm rest. I will prolly never use and I have a Tim hortons in the building I work in too.
[right][snapback]168558[/snapback][/right]

Dibs!! Mail them to me!!!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I want some! lol
I don't think the price increase will affect the US market.

but yeah coffee goes as follows outside the GTA, with taxes

Coffee

S $1.14
M $1.25
L $1.40
XL $1.59

Capp / Smothies

S $1.40
M $1.50
L $1.75
XL $2.05

Donuts are now $0.86
Donuts 1/2 dozen $3.75
Donut Dozen $5.25
Bagels are now $0.98
Bagels with butter $1.05
Bagels with Cream cheese $1.75

Canned pop $1.25

I think that's is on the price increases, I know in toronto it will be more as your paying extra taxes on it.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 5 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:Nicotine AND MSG, natch. Straight from the mouth of a chick that works in their head office.
[right][snapback]168542[/snapback][/right]

They could put CRACK in it and I'd still love drinking it. ;)