FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone From Here Get Busted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"What happens with modified vehicles is drivers take the emissions components off, thinking that they will gain horsepower," explained Oakley.

Yes it does a$$hole.
I'd be more than happy if they charged every harley owner with reving their bikes up and down yonge st. Seriously, they're the only ones who think that louder is cooler.
darkpuppet,Jul 27 2009, 01:00 PM Wrote:I'd be more than happy if they charged every harley owner with reving their bikes up and down yonge st.  Seriously, they're the only ones who think that louder is cooler.
[right][snapback]291766[/snapback][/right]

I seem to recall a biker explaining that a louder exhaust ensures that fourwheelers know they are there. It is purely for safey.
j3rt,Jul 27 2009, 01:27 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jul 27 2009, 01:00 PM Wrote:I'd be more than happy if they charged every harley owner with reving their bikes up and down yonge st.  Seriously, they're the only ones who think that louder is cooler.
[right][snapback]291766[/snapback][/right]

I seem to recall a biker explaining that a louder exhaust ensures that fourwheelers know they are there. It is purely for safey.
[right][snapback]291771[/snapback][/right]

Thats my excuse also. B)
Brockville police are pretty bad. I remember being followed when driving the Mustang. And I was behaving that night too... :D
If that blitz got rid of just one Chrysler minivan 'Blue Smoke Special' or any of its similar ilk, it would be worth it IMO <_<

Those damn things are disgusting :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Plenty done about the guys that might have "left out" a piece of hardware in their quest for more horsepower... and even better fuel economy! Can't have that! No sir! They need the gas tax and the flexible GST on said gas tax!

What about the ricers with the Folgers-series fart cans? Nah, can't nail them - they have the stock piping and catalytics!
NefCanuck,Jul 27 2009, 02:30 PM Wrote:If that blitz got rid of just one Chrysler minivan 'Blue Smoke Special' or any of its similar ilk, it would be worth it IMO <_<

[right][snapback]291779[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately, I dont think these minivans were the target. I got this from the corvette baord where a lot of these guys got nailed on their way to a track day.
haha, its funny, in the area i am in, i never get followed by cops or pulled over for "noise" or anything and my car is one of the loudest in my area for sure with the exception of my buddys mustang, bikes and some old school muscle rolling around. I likely have one the most "illegal" cars aswell, but if i was driving beside a honda with a can they seem to be the ones who get tailed... KW police must be wierd, either that or my car isnt flashy enuff and they expect theres a grandma driving it...
Looking at doing my exhaust next year...

Wonder if I can get the cops to hassle me with a pair of Magnaflows on it? :P

NefCanuck
I didnt get busted for that articles thing but I did get a ticket in the Focus last November for "Unecessary Noise" while cruising downtown, no music blaring or anything. What happened was I was at a red light and when it went green I gave her a bit more gas than usual and left from the light smoothly (not racing / dropping clutch by any means) and 2 mins later a cop who was 4-5 cars back at that light catches up and nails me. Its all BS, fight it in court because theres nothing for the cops to prove how loud your car is unless they have an onsight DB meter which they DONT so eff them
fatphocus,Jul 28 2009, 04:27 AM Wrote:I didnt get busted for that articles thing but I did get a ticket in the Focus last November for "Unecessary Noise" while cruising downtown, no music blaring or anything. What happened was I was at a red light and when it went green I gave her a bit more gas than usual and left from the light smoothly (not racing / dropping clutch by any means) and 2 mins later a cop who was 4-5 cars back at that light catches up and nails me. Its all BS, fight it in court because theres nothing for the cops to prove how loud your car is unless they have an onsight DB meter which they DONT so eff them
[right][snapback]291807[/snapback][/right]

A LOT of ottawa guys are fighting these tickets and losing. Judges don't care...

Chaged your exhaust with something other than factory?

Yep, to bad, so sad, Guilty!
Quote:City police have also received complaints from Dick Young, a resident of an apartment on Front Avenue, over excessive noise from some vehicles racing up the railroad overpass on Stewart Boulevard.

Who has a target on their head now? LOL. I wonder if they will be having the same blitz when the Brockville Truck Show comes to town. I see numerous big rigs with straight 5" stacks. They aren't quiet by any means.

Since when was adding a Cat-Back exhaust illegal. Obviously if it is too loud or you use an ORP.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 28 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Since when was adding a Cat-Back exhaust illegal. 
[right][snapback]291815[/snapback][/right]

It always was. Its part of the OEM emission equipment, therefore you cannot remove it. I've been saying this for a long time.

Its also why these manufacturers cover their ass by putting 'For off road use only' on thier packages.
But a muffler has nothing to do with emmisions. A Cat yes, Muffler No.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 28 2009, 11:22 AM Wrote:But a muffler has nothing to do with emmisions.  A Cat yes, Muffler No.
[right][snapback]291821[/snapback][/right]

To you maybe, not to the MTO or police issuing these tickets.
I'd fight it for sure. That is if I had an aftermarket exhaust (it's coming soon I hope).
Flo,

While I can see the legal angle of them cracking down on "cat back" systems (Not that I agree) if they try to go after you for using a muffler approved for sale and use *on road* I think they would be SOL, wouldn't they? :unsure:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 28 2009, 12:01 PM Wrote:Flo,

While I can see the legal angle of them cracking down on "cat back" systems (Not that I agree) if they try to go after you for using a muffler approved for sale and use *on road* I think they would be SOL, wouldn't they? :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291825[/snapback][/right]

Not at all. You have guys that are getting tickets on their STOCK SRT4's for being too loud. <_< :angry:

Like I said, lots of guys here in Ottawa are getting these tickets. The boards have been flooded with them lately and every single one that has fought them, lost in court.

One guy with a WRX here has gotten 4 tickets for improper muffler/noise this year alone, and after loosing the 1st one, he just keeps paying the stupid fines now. this guy even brought a video of him testing the exhaust with a DB meter from a whole bunch of different angles. Even had a track guy on the video explaingn how they determine if a car is too loud for track use as some tracks ( I think most tracks ) have a maximum decibal reading you can reach.

Didnt do s*** in court.

I dont agree with it at all, I think its fawkin stupid, but this is what happens when you give the police too much power. They abuse it.

Pages: 1 2