FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cuba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cuba here I come. B)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Talk too ya' in a week.
Have Fun, bud!
THANKS!!!!!

I will...You too!
You will have a blast man. I been to Cuba twice. So much fun. Except for when we almost got into a fight with some cuban in Havana. Go scuba diving man. Where you staying? I stayed at the Sirra Da Mar. Its was incredible. All inclusive to :D

I swear cubans are good at eveything. Takes lots of little cheap s**t. Take a bag full of perfumes, soaps, cheap jewlery and old clothes. They will love you.
I'll be in Cuba next week too!

Veradero, here I come. B)

[Image: vrasl5_09al.jpg]
Never been, not sure I can go. Then again, maybe my idea of not supporting Papa Fidel is pointless because the "democracies" in the DR aren't much better apparently.

One of the girls from work just came back from getting married there, she said she had a great time.

Maybe we'll consider it for a getaway next winter.
Yup winter holidays are amazing. Heading to the Riviera Maya myself in a month, absolutely can't wait.....!!!
S2,Feb 3 2006, 08:29 AM Wrote:Yup winter holidays are amazing.  Heading to the Riviera Maya myself in a month, absolutely can't wait.....!!!
[right][snapback]168197[/snapback][/right]

I stayed at the Barcelo Mayan Riviera when it first opened... that whole area is so much nicer than cancun in my opinion.

haven't been to cuba yet... hopefully sometime soon.
EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Feb 3 2006, 12:03 AM Wrote:Cuba here I come.  B)

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

Talk too ya' in a week.
[right][snapback]168180[/snapback][/right]

Dick.
^^^ i second that!!

3 of my employees are going south this month.

I want to chop all their heads off.
have fun
Was up....I'm coming home 2nite

Talk to ya'

How is the weather HAHAHA!!!! :P
I vote 1 for ban!!!
darkpuppet,Feb 3 2006, 08:46 AM Wrote:
S2,Feb 3 2006, 08:29 AM Wrote:Yup winter holidays are amazing.  Heading to the Riviera Maya myself in a month, absolutely can't wait.....!!!
[right][snapback]168197[/snapback][/right]

I stayed at the Barcelo Mayan Riviera when it first opened... that whole area is so much nicer than cancun in my opinion.

haven't been to cuba yet... hopefully sometime soon.
[right][snapback]168212[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that is why we picked it, it's alot 'calmer' from what I've heard, not as hardcore into loud partying, etc.

21 days and counting..... I'll need it after my schedule the next couple weeks.
I have been to Varadaro, Cancun, Santo Domingo... to name a few

Cancun by far was the most fun cause of the night life.
Cuba by far was the best for hospitality and beaches
Dominican was in the middle no real night life but good beaches.

if I find a cheap 5 night getaway I'll be gone to any of those places.
S2,Feb 10 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Yeah that is why we picked it, it's alot 'calmer' from what I've heard, not as hardcore into loud partying, etc.

[right][snapback]169622[/snapback][/right]

It is, and yet, it's not far from Playa Del Carmen either.

I rented a VW beetle (brand spanking new OLD beetle complete with passive anti-theft and bikelock for the front trunk)
[Image: steve_vw.jpg]

it was only an hour drive to Cancun, and 20 minutes south to Tulum.. drove around for 6 hours on $10 in gas
darkpuppet,Feb 10 2006, 06:59 PM Wrote:
S2,Feb 10 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Yeah that is why we picked it, it's alot 'calmer' from what I've heard, not as hardcore into loud partying, etc.

[right][snapback]169622[/snapback][/right]

It is, and yet, it's not far from Playa Del Carmen either.

I rented a VW beetle (brand spanking new OLD beetle complete with passive anti-theft and bikelock for the front trunk)
[Image: steve_vw.jpg]

it was only an hour drive to Cancun, and 20 minutes south to Tulum.. drove around for 6 hours on $10 in gas
[right][snapback]169625[/snapback][/right]

so be honest, what's better to drive, the focus or beetle?
depends.. beetle didn't have aircon and had a cable clutch that simply stumped me on uphill starts...

but it was mexico, and you're zipping around in a beetle with your lunch getting warm in the glovebox.

of course, getting sun and wind burned while bombing down dirt roads in a jeep tour of cozumel is probably a bit more fun.
[Image: steve_jeep.jpg]
and it has a hydraulic clutch.

Actually, I highly recommend the jeep tour. It was a full 8 hour day, the jeeping wasn't all just slow-assed sightseeing, once on the dirt road, the guide put it into 4wd, and hammered down the road (so I suggest being the 2nd jeep in the tour, or do what I did, and pass the slowpokes by driving through the bushes). Then you could do catamaran snorkelling off cozumel or relax by the pool before driving back into town.
darkpuppet,Feb 10 2006, 01:59 PM Wrote:[Image: steve_vw.jpg]

[right][snapback]169625[/snapback][/right]

Do you know what that reminds me of?

[Image: K09-302%20SHIP%20IN%20A%20BOTTLE.jpg]

How exactly do they get a "ship" in a "bottle" anyway?

:lol:
probably the same way they put a ship in a lightbulb
[Image: P_side.jpg]
Pages: 1 2