FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Front Brakes Clean Up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was replacing my front rotors and I decided to do some detailling while I was there , I think it looks good. No money involved except the price of the rotors ( less then $100 CDN ) shipped to my home and a lot of beer... :P

[Image: rotors_before_after_001.jpg]

Not too pretty...

[Image: rotors_before_after_004.jpg]

[Image: rotors_before_after_003.jpg]

I bought this car used last June at 104,000K and I now have 111,000K , the car was bone stock except the wheels and the exhaust has been changed but the tail pipe felt down ( rusted ) so I replaced it with a FocusSport 3 weeks ago , I haven't tried the car yet but I started it and it sounds pretty quiet , this is exactly what I was looking for . More beer and detailling in the next weeks until the white stuff outside go away . Anyone else is spending crazy time detailling their cars .. ? I just love it it's fun.. :)
welcome to the site!

you and AnthonyD are going to get along famously... you can, and this is no exaggeration, not only just eat off his engine, you could perform major surgery on it..

it is that clean... he washes every nook and cranny on the car more than he washes himself. Some say his fingertips are made of sponges, and that he sweats detailer.
Dang... I need to clean my car.

Nice work!
Nice, what rotors are those?
Pffft.

Smudged wheel well cowling.

Keep trying.
Very nice work, I'm assuming you used something like a toothbrush to get into the tight spots in there right?

God and my poor car is in despearte need of a bath, but whenever its warm enough to go to the self service car wash around here I have no $ or time (or both :( )

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jan 12 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:Some say his fingertips are made of sponges, and that he sweats detailer.
[right][snapback]164678[/snapback][/right]
lol @ reference to Top Gear and the Stig
Nice work... I keep mine as clean as I can too. :)
Clean until the next puddle.
Thanks for the welcome and the positive feedback , the rotors has been bought through Ebay , a guy from Toronto , nothing fancy but I like the look and I don't drive hard so I'm not worried about all the horror stories on the cross drilled rotors.

I like detailling yes , I was the same way with my mustang ( now gone ) .

My engine bay is the same way too..

[Image: focus_exhaust_009.jpg]

[Image: focus_exhaust_005.jpg]

I'm just enjoying detailling my car , my mustang was not stock and more fun to drive but when it's time to take care of the car it's the same thing , beer , beer , beer , music and it's as fun as it was with my Stang.

here's a few pics of my exhaust swap done christmas time.

Bah...basicly you see only the tail pipe but still.... B)

[Image: exhaust_jan_5_005.jpg]
hardk0re,Jan 12 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:Nice, what rotors are those?
[right][snapback]164706[/snapback][/right]

same as these : Clicky

NefCanuck,Jan 12 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Very nice work, I'm assuming you used something like a toothbrush to get into the tight spots in there right?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]164744[/snapback][/right]

It's sad but yes it's what I did... :P
ANTHONYD,Jan 12 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:Clean until the next puddle.
[right][snapback]164763[/snapback][/right]

I'm lucky enough not to have to drive it this winter , so I take the car apart for no reason just to clean stuff... Here's where my car sit and sleep everyday.

[Image: garage_oct_05_001.jpg]

[Image: garage_oct_05_003.jpg]
Looks good but I could out detail all of you guys...

and I could clean an engine in less than half the time it takes Anthony...

in fact, this summer...I am gonna make a challenge to anyone that can detail an engine faster than me!!!.... :lol:

FIRE HOSE AND A BOX OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT.....DONE...I WIN
very nice.. also nice car pics, thats gotta be an mbrp tip? its different than the one i got, i can tell cus i recognize the exhaust hanger, though mine is different colour.
mpcv2000,Jan 12 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jan 12 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:Clean until the next puddle.
[right][snapback]164763[/snapback][/right]

I'm lucky enough not to have to drive it this winter , so I take the car apart for no reason just to clean stuff... Here's where my car sit and sleep everyday.

[Image: garage_oct_05_003.jpg]
[right][snapback]164806[/snapback][/right]

Oh wow, that garage is cleaner than my condo is :blink: No wonder you can detail your car to within an inch of its life :D

NefCanuck
i love that clean and tidy garage~~~~ and also, the HEAT~~~~~

i want heat in my garage too.... i'm too cold to work on my car now...
Its like 7 degrees out side!!! WTF do people need with heated garages :fag:

I do admire the clean garage...man do I ever..I've just got TOOOOOOOOO much stuff in my garage...I could keep selling junk weekly and never run out of stuff!
Easy to keep the garage clean , I have under the apt a heated 4 foot basement , with a nice concrete slab so all the junk is going there , trust me the is no picture of that.... :o
Pages: 1 2