FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Scrape By The Lake Car Show July 19/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, decided to head to the Scrape By the Lake car show today at Prud'hommes Landing today and enter the car.

Honestly didn't expect to win any awards, hell until I spoke to a member of the SVTOA after we met up who was showing his Focus, I wasn't even sure what class I would be put in. It ended up being "Ford/Lincoln - Other"

The put me in with some rather "varied" competition, including a Ford Flex that was done up quite nicely:

[Image: ScrapeByTheLake008.jpg]

and a Ford Contour, whose only saving grace to me was the fact that its colour scheme matched this boards default colour scheme:

[Image: ScrapeByTheLake001.jpg]

There were some "other" FLM products as well, but didn't get pictures, either because they were too ugly to photograph, or because I got lazy :P

So after the awards ceremony starts a full thirty minutes late, I'm about ready to bail the hell out, esp. when they do all the low rider and imports first. I'm almost falling over at this point despite having nearly three litres of Coke Zero and they finally get to my category.

I'll let the picture tell the tale:

[Image: ScrapeByTheLake020.jpg]

That's the second place trophy in my category, as soon as my name is announced (Correctly, shocking enough) my first words were "Holy SH&#!"

Sometimes it does pay to be different :P (In fact the SVTOA member I was with, his Focus ended up third in his category)

NefCanuck
I took 2nd Focus, 1st went to 2nd glance car (again)
fatphocus,Jul 19 2009, 10:42 PM Wrote:I took 2nd Focus, 1st went to 2nd glance car (again)
[right][snapback]291331[/snapback][/right]

Which car was that? The flat grey one? :blink:

I didn't stay after I picked up my award as I had to go home to take my meds, but did that Baloney Pony win anything again? (Beige Mustang with the horrific blue engine bay)

NefCanuck
congrats man!

I wish I could make it out to more events this year.. apparently "economic downturn" means "work 100 hours a week through the summer"
darkpuppet,Jul 19 2009, 10:58 PM Wrote:congrats man!

I wish I could make it out to more events this year.. apparently "economic downturn" means "work 100 hours a week through the summer"
[right][snapback]291335[/snapback][/right]

Thanks,

Hey you could be on the other side of that equation Puppet :ph34r:

NefCanuck
yeah the flat grey focus won....and that mustang took first or 2nd i belive it was 1st though.
haha..funny to see one of your competitors parked next to my car club (red and black contour)...glad to see you won tho...how was it this year? I had to miss due to work in California coming up last minute :(
Congrats Daniel. You do have an amazing Fusion on your hands. Its great to see your car getting the attention it deserves.
Congrats on placing guys taking home tropheys is always great. Any Pics of this focus that took 1st place?
fatphocus,Jul 19 2009, 11:33 PM Wrote:yeah the flat grey focus won....and that mustang took first or 2nd i belive it was 1st though.
[right][snapback]291337[/snapback][/right]

Really? I mean the flat grey is unique as a paint scheme but from what I saw the engine bay looked kinda nasty :blink:

Ugh, that Mustang won again? I swear, every time I see that, my eyes cry out in pain :ph34r:

NefCanuck
smith21,Jul 20 2009, 02:48 AM Wrote:haha..funny to see one of your competitors parked next to my car club (red and black contour)...glad to see you won tho...how was it this year? I had to miss due to work in California coming up last minute :(
[right][snapback]291338[/snapback][/right]

Actually this is my first year going, but now I understand why the guidebook they gave us made a specific reference to the weather. Every so often it would start spitting and you would have to wipe the car down again <_<

Funny thing is that the Contour is an SVT, which is a real beast of a car, but with that paint scheme, makes it look just bad nasty :o

NefCanuck
Dam I really wanted to go... Dam memory, guess I'll have to upgrade. :lol:

Congrates to all who won and to all who entered.
Good job Nef, it looks like there was some nice cars there.
Canadian ST,Jul 20 2009, 12:04 PM Wrote:Good job Nef, it looks like there was some nice cars there.
[right][snapback]291360[/snapback][/right]

Definately, a couple of Lambos there that were pure aural sex when the car was fired up.

Funny thing is that a couple of Vipers showed up too and they weren't nearly as nice sounding when fired up :huh:

I just wish I wasn't parked beside that one Mazda hatch that insisted only playing his stereo every twenty minutes to show off his subwoofer and the air that it moved <_<

I was tempted to rock the stock Audiophile system in my car just to show him how annoying he was :P

NefCanuck
You should look into getting a sub with some boom. You can hook the remote wire that turns the amps on to a switch to kill the bass when you want to or you can flip the switch and bring the pain to make those less DB guys feels s*** lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scorcher000,Jul 20 2009, 01:22 PM Wrote:You should look into getting a sub with some boom. You can hook the remote wire that turns the amps on to a switch to kill the bass when you want to or you can flip the switch and bring the pain to make those less DB guys feels s*** lol. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]291364[/snapback][/right]

Thing is, the car comes with a sub in the trunk, but I honestly dunno how much boom it puts out (I mean it'll make the rearview mirror shimmy if I really crank it, but it sounds like crap set at max :P)

NefCanuck
Ya I had the samw one in mine and my mothers Five Hundred has it too. Thought I can't find it in her's lol.
You can get a sub and a amp and use the high level connection in on the amp to make it pump... if you go that route. Just a thought.
The Audiophile says 450Watts but it does make good bass in the hatch's
ncie good job
congrats Dan!

i know the owner of that Flex. He used to have built '07 STi. Funny guy
scrape was awesome i was there all day buti didnt enter this year cause of the door ...but next year for sure ....was an awesome show
Pages: 1 2