FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Couldn't Keep This Under Wraps Any Longer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*Jaws theme*

[Image: th_OpterOWNED.jpg]

Nothing is safe :ph34r:
Jebuz, Budda, Allah I love you all! save me!

So basically how much faster is this? like what would the equivalent be?
In soviet Russia, computer controls you!
WOW
It's like having 2 2.5GHz Athlon 64s. Or... not quite two FX-55s.

There's a minor RAM bandwidth penalty for core contention... to the tune of 200MB/sec. Like I said, minor. 6.8GB/sec of low latency memory bandwidth is mine for the taking.

It renders in Premiere Pro 1.5 and WME STUPID FAST. I now have a rig to re-encode all my newly-downloaded Top Gear Episodes with ease.
you bastard!

Those bastards at asus didnt make a good enough fan for my motherboard, and now my system is dead, Hopefully its just the fan, because i heard it making noise and then i shut the comp off.

Pray for my fx-55 :(
I heard these Opteron's were very receptive to high overclocking, wow! Is there a certain mother board u need to use or can most 939 socket boards work? I've been looking into it, but I can tell you, you've helped me make my decision :P
That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

:poke2:

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 20 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

[right][snapback]161790[/snapback][/right]

Ouch! :lol:
i have no clue what that means.
My X2 is at 2.4 GHz and has been there since I bought it. The Asus board is my limiting factor. My RAM will even do 275 MHz (550).

So I guess what I'm saying is... that's not near enough... the Opteron is supposed to be a good overclocker, you should be able to do 2.7. :P

nice though, will crunch well.

Edit: It's an X2 3800+
Oh it's quite stable at 2.7... I just didn't feel like piddling around.

Also, the nice part about the dang thing is it's stable with stock core voltage at 25% faster than stock. The OCZ DIMMs I have are currently running @ CAS 2, 3-3-6, DDR500.

I may take it higher down the road, but trust me... 5GHz of A64 horsepower is MORE than enough. It's like being Nate or Kevin or Meford's kid and having all that boost... you don't need to be into it all the time to appreciate it. It's knowing that you can do the mundane things super-easy that makes it nice.

I was Folding on one core last night, backing up my email and stuff, and then playing NFS:MW. Super-smooth.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 20 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

[right][snapback]161790[/snapback][/right]

LOL! Good point, Sparky :D
what am i suppost to be looking at
haha 3d mark it now!

w/ my fx-55 @ 2.8ghz = 8856 3d marks :)
With what vid card Scooba?

X800XL? :blink:

I ran it the other night, 3DMark 2005 build 120 - 5689 3DMarks.

I doubt it's SMP-aware.
I'm at 2.4 GHz undervolting mine. the Asus did that without me knowing... I could up it but it wouldn't change until a newer bios revision, but since it ran stable at 2.4 at 1.3v (instead of 1.4) I just left it.
BFG 7800GTX-OC 256...

At 2.6 it will run a steady 8300 3d marks...

Still tempted to ebay another one and run SLI
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:It's like having 2 2.5GHz Athlon 64s. Or... not quite two FX-55s.

There's a minor RAM bandwidth penalty for core contention... to the tune of 200MB/sec. Like I said, minor. 6.8GB/sec of low latency memory bandwidth is mine for the taking.

It renders in Premiere Pro 1.5 and WME STUPID FAST. I now have a rig to re-encode all my newly-downloaded Top Gear Episodes with ease.
[right][snapback]161784[/snapback][/right]

what did I tell you about talking like this... now I gotta go change my pants again.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 20 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:i have no clue what that means.
[right][snapback]161794[/snapback][/right]

same here... :blink:
Pages: 1 2